my dps not up to what rawr says

i and mostly epics, garhal on cenrion circle. I dont come close to the dps that rawr puts out. I amnot sure why to be honest. If anyone can see the what i am missing many tn\anks in advance. enhancement by the way

Re: my dps not up to what rawr says

lag, human error, reaction times...

doies latency play a part, i am normally between 400-700?

Deleted

Yes latency means alot!

i see a maybe 40% loss of dps when my latency hits its high peak of 200 - or 4000, but then i dont go heroics :s

well if latency plays that big a diffrence, it would explain everything...although i see a latency adjustment on rawr , which i set to my avg lat.

Deleted

Latency in Rawr should be set to your average latency and its a good idea to include your reaction times. The computer model works using instanteous reactions + latency. I should possibly add a reaction time addition to that too. However regardless of what I change it doesnt change the fact that you can't react at the same speed a computer can, and so you are going to have delays between the instant something comes of GCD and the point at which you use the ability. If this is an extra 0.25sec thats the same as extra 250 lag, between you noticing the ability is off GCD and using it.

This sort of "human lag" can dramatically lower your dps and is a major factor between the really really good players and the average ones, with the same gear.

Your DPS won't ever be what Rawr says it should be.

Deleted

On a simple stationary fight like patchwerk, i can generally get fairly close to RAWR figures. However i can't think of another fight at lvl80 that is close to it.

When you start throwing in odd game mechnics and movement, your dps will drop a fair bit behind RAWR (or exceed it on rare cases like XT normal mode kill).

As stated i doubt you will ever manage to match RAWR but can get close.

Thanks everyone for responding, it has ansered my questions. Perhaps it also answered others who have wondered the same thing . keep up the good work on rawr and enhancesim

I pondered this awhile back and I suspect the sims and what-not will never give us all that accurate of a number. First off, getting a truly accurate DPS measurement from combat logs seems really unlikely. I've seen HUGE discrepancies between what various DPS meters or off-line log parsers say. Then there's the factoring in things like what the rest of your raid is doing. Are they actually properly keeping things debuffed? Then there's latency and the human element and so on.

I think the best we can do with sims is get an idea of which piece of gear/gemming/rotation is better. Actually figuring out whether or not you're measuring up is difficult to do. I guess looking at other WMO or WWS logs is about as good as you can get. But differences in gear and raid make-up/ability is going to make it hard.

Deleted

also, shaman DPS is (at least for ENH) somewhat heavily dependant on RNG. WF, maelstrom, crits, static shock,... ele a bit less, but still, overload, oath, it still changes DPS a bit.

Check what Buffs you have applied in the second tab.

From memory RAWR defaults to pretty much every possible buff (ie in a 25 main raid with great group composition).

Scale those back to what you actually typically have and run again.