Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it just me or are we getting a new legendary?!?!?!

Woot!! Better start hoarding that dkp now. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Legendary Item

* Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and
    Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne.

<Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Re: Is it just me or are we getting a new legendary?!?!?!

If I took the comment the way I thought I took it...the whole thing is a joke, said in response to GC's comment that Frostmourne was "clearly a hunter weapon"

I could be wrong though, here's hoping for you.

PS not that I think many hunters will get it if it did come out to be fact...as you have noticed, there be a few DKs around, and they actually use weapon damage on melee weapons.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Calm down, Huntard.
    No raid leader in their right mind will give a stat stick to a hunter over a DK.

Big letdown imo.
    GC: I'm really here to talk about the design direction for the mage specs. We think Fire damage is fine.

Player: Do you think Fire damage is fine?

GC: ...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Well since Hunters use it as a stat stick, I would have hoped they would share a future legendary with ferals.

Blizzard said with the change to Agi means that Warrior, Pally and DK wont be taking rogue, hunter, enh shammy, druid gear, so i dont think that this legendary will work, if it has Str its a warr pally dk, if it has agi it will be hunter (possibally shammy, i think they use them in pvp)

"Rogues/Warriors had one, Hunters had one, healers had one.. well, let`s give casters one since they whined about it for evarrr."

so yeah, i`m sure ret paladins, dks, whatever.. will be seeing a legendary in this expansion pack fashabrah.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    Woot!! Better start hoarding that dkp now. ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Lol, that's sad if you are.
    Perfectly shows how disfunctional DKP is.

Calm down, Huntard.
    No raid leader in their right mind will give a stat stick to a hunter over a DK.

Big letdown imo.
    Actualyl I was thinking about this, if it was for hunters and DKs then how could it ever be just as effective for a hunter? So i came up with 2 possible solutions. As we know with the latest legendary, they have the same stats as epics their ilvl, but they also have some "Chance on hit" super proc that makes them legendary. So... my 2 solutions would be:

1. The allow Chance on Hit effects from melee weapons effect attacks from ranged weapons
    2. They allow just this legendary's chance on hit effect work with ranged weapons

So that way hunters and DKs would both get the same benefit out of it. Number 1 makes the most sense, since that way they can allow hunters to use stuff like mongoose as well so they can get real weapon enchants (they let ferals use em!). Also, the new hunter/feral stat stick from onyxia in 3.2.2 has a chance on hit effect, and they might want hunters to actually be able to proc it :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Actualyl I was thinking about this, if it was for hunters and DKs then how could it ever be just as effective for a hunter? So i came up with 2 possible solutions. As we know with the latest legendary, they have the same stats as epics their ilvl, but they also have some "Chance on hit" super proc that makes them legendary. So... my 2 solutions would be:

1. The allow Chance on Hit effects from melee weapons effect attacks from ranged weapons
    2. They allow just this legendary's chance on hit effect work with ranged weapons

So that way hunters and DKs would both get the same benefit out of it. Number 1 makes the most sense, since that way they can allow hunters to use stuff like mongoose as well so they can get real weapon enchants (they let ferals use em!). Also, the new hunter/feral stat stick from onyxia in 3.2.2 has a chance on hit effect, and they might want hunters to actually be able to proc it :P
    Doesn't even matter.
    There is dps as a stat on it. If this item would become real, you can expect to see it being given to a DK something like 8-9times out of 10 just because DKs can use one extra stat on it.

Shit could be Best in slot for hunters and it wouldn't even matter.

Same thing happened with Betrayer of humanity until blizzard decided to change the way feral staves worked and give hunters the Journey's End.

GC: I'm really here to talk about the design direction for the mage specs. We think Fire damage is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Soltari
    Doesn't even matter.
    There is dps as a stat on it. If this item would become real, you can expect to see it being given to a DK something like 8-9times out of 10 just because DKs can use one extra stat on it.

Shit could be Best in slot for hunters and it wouldn't even matter.

Same thing happened with Betrayer of humanity until blizzard decided to change the way feral staves worked and give hunters the Journey's End.
    Yeah, just like Thori'dal shouldve been awarded to more melee classes, just because it was actually more useful for hunters doesnt mean shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I don't like to change into a kitten and hitting enemies with my paws and rabies, I like assassinating with daggers and poisons!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementlol
    Yeah, just like Thori'dal shouldve been awarded to more melee classes, just because it was actually more useful for hunters doesnt mean shit.
    Your sarcasm proves my point nicely.
    I'm positive the item will not be for hunters and DKs.

Calm down, Huntard.

its just a joke from GC

Oh i see a jelaous faces ;D
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

lol well if it's good for hunters give it to them imho?

it's not like thunderfury? that was seriously a GREED move if a hunter needed on it cause it had TANK written all over it TANKFURY, Blessed blade of the MAINTANK =)

and as i kinda dislike DK's i really hope -no wait i ask all loot masters- give the 2h axe to hunters!

No I don't actually use dkp in my guild its actually a loot council, just put that in there for the people who do use dkp. And I myself actually doubt how both dk's and hunters could make use out of it. But I've received Lotrafen over other melee in my guild.. Why not this axe over the one maybe two dk's in the raid that night if it is actually a viable weapon for us. Otherwise GC is just a very cruel man.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

im sure we're going to see the gear changes evident in Icecrown gear

and consider this - Thunderfury showed how fail it was to let a weap like that have hunter on it, no one got it

the axe will prolly be given to hunters given your guild has a brain

Quote Originally Posted by Windblade

the axe will prolly be given to hunters given your guild has a brain
    Use as a stat stick clearly>Use as an actual weapon.
    Signature removed - read the forum guidelines.

Hunter weapon was a joke.

Its gonna be a DK only Legendary if they do it right. I know incoming QQ but lets not forget what Icecrown is based around... The ultimate DK. This should not come as a surprise and anyone who freaks out about it should just wait their turn. Blizzard obviously has no intentions of not keeping legendaries in the game so chill out. DKs get the legendary this time, casters get theirs in the expansion. It will all work out in time. If DKs get one this time it just puts them last in line in the long run anyways.

Funny...i play a hunter and a DK, people must hate me haha. But yea, this is clearly DK, and tbh i'm shocked they'd make it for Rets and Arms/Fury Warrs. Shoot, we've been in the game, not even a year yet, and they're throwing this at us? I'm not QQ'ing, and i'm not FTW'ing, i'm saying that this will be interesting how it ALL plays out

Thanks Dakung!
    Slowly retiring/or not caring about the game anymore