Thread: Haste vs Crit

Haste vs Crit

I have about 1900+sp w/o flame/earthliving

as u can see i roll ele/resto so for ele whats more important as for resto, crit or haste (as a priority stat besides hit and mp5).
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Re: Haste vs Crit

i'm gonna assume you mean gemming

ele, hit then pure sp

resto never crit
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Haste > crit

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde
    whats more important as for resto, crit or haste (as a priority stat besides hit and mp5).
    How much hit do you have as resto, may I might ask?

okay

you dont need hit as resto....let me clear that up for you right away...before you get ...uhh, never mind, just dont....go for hit if you're healing, please? :P

second

1. Hit(until cap)
    2. Spell Power
    3. Haste
    4. Crit
    5. ????????

This^ is the ele stat priority.

Haste comes in brackets though, it doesn't really get good until you've got about 450 of it. THen it's still kinda shitty, the magical number seems to be between 650 and 700, I currently have 700 haste and when I reached that point my dps shot up like a rocket.

If you don't have Totem Of Electrfying wind, Get it asap, it has pretty much a 100% up time(some fights it's more like 80-90%, but they have heavy movement)

As for resto

I'll say crit is more important, but I think in terms of hpm(Heals per mana) and haste only stands to run you oom faster, in general, i think if some one takes a hit that you can't heal -fast- enough, something must be wrong, aka dps standing in fire, pulling agro, undergeared tank, your not rolling heals on the tank during a pull, etc etc

But I could be completely wrong about that, I'm just a dumb ele shaman, i leik liteneng balts!!!!!!!!! (hehe)
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    Haste > crit

For resto haste for sure.
    With the tidal waves changes lesser healing wave should be critting almost all the time.
    Also theres pleantly of crit on gear so gem haste.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick
    okay

you dont need hit as resto....let me clear that up for you right away...before you get ...uhh, never mind, just dont....go for hit if you're healing, please? :P

second

1. Hit(until cap)
    2. Spell Power
    3. Haste
    4. Crit
    5. ????????

This^ is the ele stat priority.

Haste comes in brackets though, it doesn't really get good until you've got about 450 of it. THen it's still kinda shitty, the magical number seems to be between 650 and 700, I currently have 700 haste and when I reached that point my dps shot up like a rocket.

If you don't have Totem Of Electrfying wind, Get it asap, it has pretty much a 100% up time(some fights it's more like 80-90%, but they have heavy movement)

As for resto

I'll say crit is more important, but I think in terms of hpm(Heals per mana) and haste only stands to run you oom faster, in general, i think if some one takes a hit that you can't heal -fast- enough, something must be wrong, aka dps standing in fire, pulling agro, undergeared tank, your not rolling heals on the tank during a pull, etc etc

But I could be completely wrong about that, I'm just a dumb ele shaman, i leik liteneng balts!!!!!!!!! (hehe)
    700 haste? That's phenomenal. Link armory please!

it's 509 w/o electrifying wind up.

but that totem has a damn near 100% uptime for me, I will sometimes toss a LB before a LvB just to keep it up, but that's situational mostly, mostly i keep LvB on cooldown

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enden&n=Ayasha

Blarg, I'm in PVP gear atm.

sry

EDIT:

my stats are like, 27% crit unbuffed and 2200 spell power unbuffed, of course something like 32% and 2800 fully buffed respectively, i think my LB's get down to 1.57 sec cast with 1.2 CL and LvB? with Wrath of Air and Electrifying wind up, ofc.

majority(I say 75%) of my gems and enchants are all spell power, there's a couple with haste, but they shitty, like 8 haste 12 stam, but that is to fill blue slots for slot bonus + keep meta(Chaotic Skyfire or w/e, 21 crit 3% increase crit dmg)

10 stats to chest, 23 haste back, etc etc, maxed out enchants, but still rarequality(blue) gems, need to upgrade that sometime. heheh

check back later tonight, we're raiding tonight so i'll def be in my pve gear, if you're still really curious.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick
    it's 509 w/o electrifying wind up.

but that totem has a damn near 100% uptime for me, I will sometimes toss a LB before a LvB just to keep it up, but that's situational mostly, mostly i keep LvB on cooldown

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enden&n=Ayasha

Blarg, I'm in PVP gear atm.

sry

EDIT:

my stats are like, 27% crit unbuffed and 2200 spell power unbuffed, of course something like 32% and 2800 fully buffed respectively, i think my LB's get down to 1.57 sec cast with 1.2 CL and LvB? with Wrath of Air and Electrifying wind up, ofc.

majority(I say 75%) of my gems and enchants are all spell power, there's a couple with haste, but they shitty, like 8 haste 12 stam, but that is to fill blue slots for slot bonus + keep meta(Chaotic Skyfire or w/e, 21 crit 3% increase crit dmg)

10 stats to chest, 23 haste back, etc etc, maxed out enchants, but still rarequality(blue) gems, need to upgrade that sometime. heheh

check back later tonight, we're raiding tonight so i'll def be in my pve gear, if you're still really curious.
    I will and I am. Thanks for the info. I run Enh atm but I want to change my off spec to elemental.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    700 haste? That's phenomenal. Link armory please!
    700? I can beat that!...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...jatar&n=Dadimi
    *cough* 633 unbuffed *cough*
    It's 833 haste raidbuffed... thanks to the totem.... well...
    I'd exchange the trinket for something better... if I'd have something better -.-"

So, just wanted to show you, that 700 haste isn't that hard for Elementals.

But, well... I do have quite good gear compared to a lot of others here >_>
    Raidbuffed it'll be 3256 SP... would love to have the Illustration.. 3456 SP would be soooooooo epic.

I just got my shaman to 80 the other day and am now working on gearing him out. So far, here's what I got (I ran about 30 heroics this weekend +2 VoA+2OS+1 Naxx+ 1 Ulduar10 +1 10-person FL25+2T):

Head: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Helm (T8.5 Resto Helm)
    Neck: Frozen Tear of Elune (Badge Item)
    Shoulder:Valorous Worldbreaker Shoulders (T8 Resto)
    Chest: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Rainments (T8.5 resto chest)
    Back: Wisp Cloak (BoE)
    Wrists: Armbraces of the Vibrant Flame (BoE)
    Hands: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Gloves (T8.5 Resto)
    Waist: Blue Belt of Chaos (BoE crafted)
    Legs: Leggings of the Weary Mystic** (will have these in 3 badges)
    Feet: Lightning-Grounded Boots (BoE crafted)
    Ring 1: Seized Beauty
    Ring 2: Wyrmrest Band
    Trinket 1: Ze'Tze's Bell (BoE)
    Trinket 2: Tears of the Vanquished

Weapon: Torch of Holy Fire (I love lucky 99's in Naxx25 =D).
    Shield: Zom's Crackling Bulwark (BoE)
    Totem: Steamcaller's Totem (FL25 one)

Professions: JC and BS (Power leveled both...ouchies on the wallet).

I was looking at the armory for our guild's best shaman healer, who had almost all intellect+mp5 gems. So I started to do that, but then happened to be in IF when two shaman healers from other hard-mode guilds logged on, so I inspected them and found that they had gemmed almost exclusively for haste.

This toon is probably going to be a replacement for one of our guild healers, who has RL issues right now and needs a break.

So, my questions to the resto shamans out there (preferably ones doing hardmode content) are:

1. What should I gem/enchant for?
    2. How much mana do I need? (I've seen anywhere from 19k to 27k mana between those three I inspected).
    3. What spellpower mark should I aim for, raid-buffed?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    700? I can beat that!...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...jatar&n=Dadimi
    *cough* 633 unbuffed *cough*
    It's 833 haste raidbuffed... thanks to the totem.... well...
    I'd exchange the trinket for something better... if I'd have something better -.-"

So, just wanted to show you, that 700 haste isn't that hard for Elementals.

But, well... I do have quite good gear compared to a lot of others here >_>
    Raidbuffed it'll be 3256 SP... would love to have the Illustration.. 3456 SP would be soooooooo epic.
    Hehe

Well

Considering I rolled this character I'm playing right now 4 months after Wrath Came out, I'd say I'm doing pretty good for myself.

I'm guessing a lot of your gear is 239

We have only just barely begun doing hard modes and Iwont see any of that loot until i get out of the DKP hole I dug myself by switching mains

I missed the whole Naxx era completely. I just -barely- was able to grab an Embrace of the Spider before my guild completely stopped going for Undying Runs.

a lot of my gear is poorly itemized, like my cloak for example.

But thats the price I pay for switching mains, if it counts for anything I've got a death knight thats as good if not more geared than my ele shaman, hehe!

EDIT:
    You bastard I just noticed you have the Death's Demise Title.

How dare you come in here with us lesser beings and attempt to epeen on us. shame on you! SHAME!

:P
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323
    I just got my shaman to 80 the other day and am now working on gearing him out. So far, here's what I got (I ran about 30 heroics this weekend +2 VoA+2OS+1 Naxx+ 1 Ulduar10 +1 10-person FL25+2T):

Head: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Helm (T8.5 Resto Helm)
    Neck: Frozen Tear of Elune (Badge Item)
    Shoulder:Valorous Worldbreaker Shoulders (T8 Resto)
    Chest: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Rainments (T8.5 resto chest)
    Back: Wisp Cloak (BoE)
    Wrists: Armbraces of the Vibrant Flame (BoE)
    Hands: Conqueror's Worldbreaker Gloves (T8.5 Resto)
    Waist: Blue Belt of Chaos (BoE crafted)
    Legs: Leggings of the Weary Mystic** (will have these in 3 badges)
    Feet: Lightning-Grounded Boots (BoE crafted)
    Ring 1: Seized Beauty
    Ring 2: Wyrmrest Band
    Trinket 1: Ze'Tze's Bell (BoE)
    Trinket 2: Tears of the Vanquished

Weapon: Torch of Holy Fire (I love lucky 99's in Naxx25 =D).
    Shield: Zom's Crackling Bulwark (BoE)
    Totem: Steamcaller's Totem (FL25 one)

Professions: JC and BS (Power leveled both...ouchies on the wallet).

I was looking at the armory for our guild's best shaman healer, who had almost all intellect+mp5 gems. So I started to do that, but then happened to be in IF when two shaman healers from other hard-mode guilds logged on, so I inspected them and found that they had gemmed almost exclusively for haste.

This toon is probably going to be a replacement for one of our guild healers, who has RL issues right now and needs a break.

So, my questions to the resto shamans out there (preferably ones doing hardmode content) are:

1. What should I gem/enchant for?
    2. How much mana do I need? (I've seen anywhere from 19k to 27k mana between those three I inspected).
    3. What spellpower mark should I aim for, raid-buffed?

Thank you!

The first 2 questions we cannot really answer without more detial. When healing the raids did you ever run out of mana? if yes gem for more int.
    If no then gem haste. NEVER gem crit.
    Chant spell power, the blantent healing stats you can chant for (spell power on wep etc)

The spell power mark? Can't say raid buffed as it completely depends on what buffs you will be getting from the raid.
    But solo, over 2k will be fine un-raid buffed.

you should never gem crit, but you should have a decent amount of it on your gear! if you have zero crit on your resto gear you wont heal any tank and you will run oom in seconds!

*edit* you might also want to check this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=99702.0