Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Is Deathwing really the strongest of the Dragon aspects...?

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

she's too noble?

she realizes that the fate of azeroth is in the hands of it's residents and knows that if something were to happen that would involve her she would have to help.

aka why she helped during mally fight..... mally should have stayed out of mortal affairs he wanted to start a war she helped in his demise
    I thought she helped to kill him because he was batshit crazy and was tearing the world up and shit
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    I was tired of having former Alliance heroes as the main expansion boss.
    thats what happens when alliance loses too many BGs: "ZOMG me mad bout those f'ing loses at WSG ima crush da woooorld"

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    from the way i see it he CAN'T do anything about the soul simple because he isn't allowed to. there are some events that must happen that he isn't allowed to meddle with.
    Rather then not allowed to meddle with them, perhaps he chose not to. Maybe he thought that the current course of things played out better then the alternate ones did. Think of the movie Next with Nick Cage.
    Two things to remember:
    1. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - AE
    2. “You can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking you used when you created them.” - Also AE

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah
    Hes one of the few potential bosses that has a pre-existing storyline for "was merely a setback!" stories.
    Ragnaros: "Molten Core was merely a setback!"
    amidoinitrite?

Nozdormu is the strongest

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    You'd think that having power over time would be a little more overpowered than having the power over earth.

Deathwing: RAAAAWWRRRRR I can make earthquakes and explosions! My huge (American remake) Godzilla chin will surely intimidate you mortals!
    Nozdormu: I can go back in time before you were an aspect and squish you in between my claws, but I choose not to because I'm mature, mysterious and bad ass that way, sup?

Edit: I just like to say that I still think that Deathwing is a lot more cooler and bad ass than both that pansy Illidan (I hate that NELF) and the LK combined.

Deathwing would easily mop the floor with both of them at the same time. I was tired of having former Alliance heroes as the main expansion boss. About time we get a a HUGE monster instead of a human or NELF as the antagonist.
    Its about time that they gave us something better than some blue human with 13 million health. Deathwing should seriously have like 50 million health easily. That would be an enough challenge for the game to make PvE somewhat worth doing.

From http://www.wowwiki.com/Nozdormu
    Nozdormu has both a power and a curse: he knows when and how he will die. Until that time comes, he cannot perish.
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNite
    Rather then not allowed to meddle with them, perhaps he chose not to. Maybe he thought that the current course of things played out better then the alternate ones did. Think of the movie Next with Nick Cage.
    Why I understand what you're saying.....Who the Hell wanted to see another crappy Nick Cage movie?

Quote Originally Posted by dave214
    Why I understand what you're saying.....Who the Hell wanted to see another crappy Nick Cage movie?
    Never said it was AMAZING, just trying to give a visual to what potentially lead Nozdormu to his choice...if in fact it was one.
    Two things to remember:
    1. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - AE
    2. “You can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking you used when you created them.” - Also AE

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNite
    Never said it was AMAZING, just trying to give a visual to what potentially lead Nozdormu to his choice...if in fact it was one.
    lol, ya

Pretty much he can see into the future, but with the whole demon soul thing, he got caught in some time paradox thing that trapped him between all times. Never was explained fully how it happened but I think the old gods had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave214
    lol, ya

Pretty much he can see into the future, but with the whole demon soul thing, he got caught in some time paradox thing that trapped him between all times. Never was explained fully how it happened but I think the old gods had something to do with it.
    It was something with the Well of Eternity, and the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by eveisdesigner
    Woah woah woah!
    What do you have against Illidan?
    /glare

I also wanted to add a quote from Nozdormy:
    "Even Deathwing will pass into time... even he will eventually be part... of my collection..."
    if this is so... when nozdormu does he become part of his collection cause all things have a beginning and an end.. but how can he be part of his own collection? he has to be alive to have a collection or is he something that cant die...

oh and btw why cant there be a muderous villian form the horde as well... besides the sadistic belf kaetlthas(close enough)....??
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    oh rly nozdormu can fix his problems in a fight because he can forsee them?

then explain how he got paralized at the world tree when deathwing unleased the dragonsoul.... surely he would have seen in the future this event when it was created....
    Nozdormu fix the timeline as he sees it the best.
    Maybe he thought it was better to let that whole Deathwing/Dragon Soul thing happen so that it would eventually lead to young races (Humans, Trolls, etc...) to take care of themselves.
    Maybe he thought it was the better way to lead to a better world (even if it means some sacrifices...).
    He is wise and we should trust his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    oh and btw why cant there be a muderous villian form the horde as well... besides the sadistic belf kaetlthas(close enough)....??
    Well you can think of the Lich King as Arthas the Human or Ner'Zhul the Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    I believe in the Day of the Dragons it was said that Deathwing was the most power. That was before he spent what seemed like an eternity beneath the surface listening to the old gods whispering which only made him stronger and crazier.
    the only reason Deathwing was stronger in "Day of the dragons" was because that other aspects gave up a part of their power to make the demon soul when Deathwing did not.

(and yes i did make an account to correct you :P)

His body is held together by adamantium plates because he's so strong his body would be ripped apart otherwise, he's obviously awesome.

Except it's a game, and a bunch of pixels can't judge anything.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

If Nozdormu went back intime and killed Deathwing we wouldn't have an end boss for this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    if this is so... when nozdormu does he become part of his collection cause all things have a beginning and an end.. but how can he be part of his own collection? he has to be alive to have a collection or is he something that cant die...

He has a kid that will eventually take over as the head of the dragon aspect. Nozdormu's collection could possibly be his gift to him, and will become a part of his son's collection when the time comes along.

And on the murderous villan part: I don't think we're done with Varimathras yet. He did screw up and dreadlords don't die to easily.

Death wing was among the oldest and most powerful and wisest Dragon aspect along with his brother Malygos before he gone mad. As for why he went to explore the prisons of the old gods thus going mad due to them no one knew. Even now he have gone mad he is still the most powerful dragon aspect alive

Quote Originally Posted by Terranor
    Nozdormu fix the timeline as he sees it the best.
    Maybe he thought it was better to let that whole Deathwing/Dragon Soul thing happen so that it would eventually lead to young races (Humans, Trolls, etc...) to take care of themselves.
    Maybe he thought it was the better way to lead to a better world (even if it means some sacrifices...).
    He is wise and we should trust his judgement.
    It was something with the Well of Eternity, and the Old Gods.
    He was stuck in a vortex and could do nothing about it, someone/thing foreseen him doing something and trapped him in between times. You could say "hey he knows now, Y not go back and do it". Probably because he foresees the same someone/thing doing the same thing to him.

For all we know he went back to stop deathwing or the burning legion and got trapped. Maybe he did it many times.

Hell it's a game and the way the book explained it was he was stuck in a vortex between all times.