Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: End of Arena Season 6, Cataclysm Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArticBlue
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Titan's Path
    The idea behind the paths is to offer max-level character progression over time that isn't tied to gear.

The feature is much more robust than this, but at a very conceptual level imagine that at level 85 you got a new talent point every week just for logging in. The rewards are slower than during the leveling period, but they are rewards that exist independent of gear. However on the other hand, you don't feel the need to race through them (in fact you can't) if you are focused on getting to max level and they don't bloat your spellbook with as many abilities as gaining actual whole levels (though they will add a few). Over time, the actual discussions about how to build a character will likely change and evolve in interesting ways. The new point might give you a reason to log in on non-raid nights or even if you've gotten a little burned out on raiding.
    Eh, i dont quite get this.. you keep getting talant points "over time" when you hitt level 85..

Can someone "simplefi" this for lil' stupido me??
    He didn't mean talent points literally. Think of it as another system of character progression beyond gear and talents once you hit 85 that just keeps going as time continues. To be honest this is something WoW needed in BC, once you reach end game there has to be multiple forms of hard character progression outside of gear.

Boub u should repost the item list for season 7 gear, update it if needed?? =/

also add when info is out on new rating req on items and what will stay and not (guess hatefull off pieces wont be buyable anymore)

and i heard some rumors that furious weapons will stay available...

Quote Originally Posted by kildal
    Boub u should repost the item list for season 7 gear, update it if needed?? =/
    Erm call me stupid call my cranky, but isnt there a list of S7 gear I that
    <---------------------------------------------------------------
    sidebar?

I can't BELIEVE this shit! Can't we get an estimated date for Faction Change? The "Race and Faction Changes ETA" doesn't say shit, are they smoking crack or what?
    I want to know when they think Faction Change can be implemented, but now it's all about race change. Can they take one thing at a time and focus on that?

Geez, give us some real info please.

........ think before you speak.

For there to be faction changes what does there need to be as well? I dont think a night elf cruisin down the streets of origrimmar would be recieved very well.

S6 ending tonight, then a week before S7 starts = 3.2.2 next week?

what i have to wait to make all my characters a goblin lame > > > :'( :'( :'(
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

New DLC is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tir
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If we hadn't covered items, then we could have done more classes. But the item changes were just as important. We could have put items with dungeons or systems, but those were busy too. Basically, we had a ton of info to share and only 2 days.
    "Not enough time" doesn't really cut that one when they just repeated the same class panel on the second day. Redundant much.
    Meh... what's the point of having an obligatory slide for each class when you have no new info to give? Or anything exciting to present. Do you really want "blah blah blah hey look priests can mind sear if you didn't know already from the beta bla bloah blah next slide oh look warlocks... next slide blah blah?"

Hold the phone, does that mean theres another day of arena or is it already gone with this maintinence?

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    Excellent, IMHO. I doubt many of us have seen it as a "dumbing down" at all. One of WotLK's main issues, for me, is a surplus of hit, and the near-inability to get as close to the cap as possible. You're either below it or above it (by some margin). My warlock has had about 19% hit before, when I believe all I need is 17%. Reforging, IMHO, is a great idea.

Never found defense to be an issue until raiding, as items seem to LOSE defense, and not GAIN it.
    I was at both expertise cap and hit cap exactly ;D

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoldman
    I was at both expertise cap and hit cap exactly ;D
    I think it's safe to say that you're in the minority there :P
    I for one welcome this change so that those 3-5 points I'm usually sitting above the expertise cap won't go to waste. It would be absolutely awesome if it were to apply to gems like agi/hit or exp/hit as well but I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.

We're much less concerned about more casual players because the specific choice of upgrade will mean less for them (skill outweighs the contribution of stats for all but the absolute best players) and they often choose pieces based on things like art over stats.
    Ok. Actually, I don't spend enough time or effort in the game to consider myself a hardcore player. I am nothing more than a casual, since I play few hours a day, preferring doing bgs with my gf and our irl friends, leveling an alt, skilling up my professions, doing a couple heroics, instead of hardcore raiding/arena. But hell, I've never chosen a piece of gear "based on things like art over stats". I love to upgrade my gear and enhance my character, and I know (well) how to do it and what stats are the best for my class/spec. I'm not a brainless, and neither all "casuals" I know are so.
    I know it's hard to realize, but being a "casual" is not the same as being a retard.

I'm so looking forward for the new season. Any idea when 3.2.2 comes live??

Will honor/arena gear be escalated tomorrow, or next week?
    How has it been like the previouse seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by jutsfortehlulz
    I know it's hard to realize, but being a "casual" is not the same as being a retard.
    Truer words have never been spoken :P

What is the defence cap!?!
    What's hit rating?
    Where's my epics Blizz, I pay $15 a month like everyone else!!!?!!1elven

Quote Originally Posted by Checkviller
    Erm call me stupid call my cranky, but isnt there a list of S7 gear I that
    <---------------------------------------------------------------
    sidebar?
    still missing s8 shields ;\

I once read that Gladiator's Libram of Justice was going to get a spell power buff, or did Blizz change their mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    Excellent, IMHO. I doubt many of us have seen it as a "dumbing down" at all. One of WotLK's main issues, for me, is a surplus of hit, and the near-inability to get as close to the cap as possible. You're either below it or above it (by some margin). My warlock has had about 19% hit before, when I believe all I need is 17%. Reforging, IMHO, is a great idea.

Never found defense to be an issue until raiding, as items seem to LOSE defense, and not GAIN it.
    ...You'd be surprised how many people out there "claim" themselves hardcore and just bash things when something "seems" easier than it was previously without even considering the philosophy behind the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Naÿa
    I can't BELIEVE this shit! Can't we get an estimated date for Faction Change? The "Race and Faction Changes ETA" doesn't say shit, are they smoking crack or what?
    I want to know when they think Faction Change can be implemented, but now it's all about race change. Can they take one thing at a time and focus on that?

Naÿa has earned the achievement [N.E.R.D.R.A.G.E].

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naÿa

Did preschool get out early today?

I want my cat to shit out gold bars, but you don't always get what you want. Shut up, you whiny little child.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

The new point might give you a reason to log in on non-raid nights or even if you've gotten a little burned out on raiding.
    Good. I'm so sick of those people who ONLY log on for raids. Come raid time so suddenly we have twice as many people online. I really wish they'd also do something about old content being useful, not old old, I mean like 3-drake Sartharion, or Malygos... Nobody does it anymore because they don't NEED to... Bugs me more than anything that WoW is full of those ignorant nerds that'll ONLY do something if it rewards something.

They need to somehow attract more people that, play for fun. Go out and solo something big, go run Gnomeregan again just because you like the place or wherever. Visit Grim Batol because it's not something you see everyday. Raid old content even after getting the achievement just for FUN! ;D :P :