Question about eng/mining profs

OK this may of been convased before but i cannot find it.

Im leveling a new pally currently at level 46 and looking at possibly doing Engineering and Mining for some gathering profs and fun abilities. I'm not looking for max possible raid buffs cos if I wanted that i could just go with BS/JC or JC/Ench (my main is already JC/Ench anyways).

Ok pretty much I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to take these professions over the others thast give better 'min/max' returns simply for the fun? I'm wanting to be a tank/healer duel spec if that helps at all with the final decisions. Currently IU have got 210 BS/230 Mining.

Any input would be appreciated. Also not looking for gold making here :P

Re: Question about eng/mining profs

well, it's not easy to understand where's the question, but it is a good idea because you got at least a gathering prof, and a bad because you lose one craft raid buff wise.

the best min/max strategy is to have a non raiding toon with both gathering skills, and your "raiders" toons with two crafts.

Anyway, no choice is game breaking. for example, +40 STR is good, but it is worth, say, 50 dps ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Ok maybe I wasn't clear as I went a tad all over the place.

I am looking at taking engineering and mining for my raid healer/tank. I already have all other professions on my toons.

Or should I just take the classic min/max combo of BS/JC or JC/Ench?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea
    Ok maybe I wasn't clear as I went a tad all over the place.

I am looking at taking engineering and mining for my raid healer/tank. I already have all other professions on my toons.

Or should I just take the classic min/max combo of BS/JC or JC/Ench?
    And you still were not clear as your initial post mentions the word "fun".... If you have all the other professions covered why not take the last 2 for fun?

Or if you want to make money why not take 2 more gathering professions?

Again it is not clear what you are wanting to do....
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara