Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How are you distributing Trophies of the Crusade

I'm an officer of a 25 man guild, we use a loot council. The recent changes to the (normal mode) tier drops has us scratching our heads a little. There are a lot of things to consider when literally 25 people are wanting 1 trophy.

We've been doing it fairly randomly so far, handing it out to those who are deserving. After all, no one could even conceivably use them until fairly recently. I am looking for suggestions and ideas as to how other guilds have been handling these drops without using DKP.

Re: How are you distributing Trophies of the Crusade

DKP, If you really want it bid the dkp needed to get it as simple as that...
    I tank stuff.

We make sure that people who are getting them have good attendance. And they go out of their way to get as many Triumph emblems as possible (daily heroic, 10 man as well as 25man). No sense giving a Trophy to someone with only 10 emblems when someone else has 40+

Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    I'm an officer of a 25 man guild, we use a loot council. The recent changes to the (normal mode) tier drops has us scratching our heads a little. There are a lot of things to consider when literally 25 people are wanting 1 trophy.

We've been doing it fairly randomly so far, handing it out to those who are deserving. After all, no one could even conceivably use them until fairly recently. I am looking for suggestions and ideas as to how other guilds have been handling these drops without using DKP.
    Don't use loot council? Use DKP . In a DKP system usually people allow those most deserving to take the items by respectfully not bidding.

Loot council is so stupid.

I'm not arguing loot council vs dkp. We use loot council.

I'm not arguing loot council vs dkp. We use loot council.
    Actually screw it, i am arguing loot council vs dkp. I know someone in another guild that uses dkp and he has 4 trophies and has not yet even bought 1 piece of his t9. This is what we're trying to avoid.

Not to get too sidetracked...
    I do like the idea of giving it to people who have been doing their dailies and the 10 mans, maybe saying opening it up to people who at the time of the drop have a certain # of triumph emblems, like those who could go buy the tier gear immediately after raid.

We use loot council also but have done something a little different for the trophies. We are doing free roll for main raiders who have the emblems and can get the item right after raid. Only stipulation being if a tank needs it, it goes to the tank first.

Always gear up the tanks first

Edit: But the tank needs the emblems to buy the piece after raid.

My guild does loot council and it has worked fine for us from the launch of BC till now. For the first two weeks or so we simply handed out the trophies as any other piece of gear based upon merit. ( normal items in consideration for your loot council system ).

This week will be the first week in which we modify that system slightly. We will have each raider link in raid what item they are upgrading and how many triumph badges total they have. We will then loot council the trophy out based on those with the most badges/raid attendance/class/skill/and total upgrade. It sounds like alot, but it actually goes rather quick.

The whole time we keep a detailed loot log in our officer section to ensure solid and even distribution between all of our full time raiders. No sense in handing out tokens to let them reside in someones bag for two weeks while they aqquire badges.

Best of luck to you though, Blizz hasn't done any favors to loot council distribution systems with this tier token.

15+ Year Old Account

Im in some fail guild who uses some crappy skg, so the noob who decided to finally show up after 3 months of non raiding who was still on the top of the lists manages to ninja other decent players gear without them having even a fair chance at it....

This wonderful guild decided to just have EVERYONE.... /roll for it, no consideration for those who may actually even be close to the badge amounts to buy a piece.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey im Guild Master of my guild and We have been giving them to tanks once they reach the amount of emblems needed to buy the piece, other than that we use dkp, just like buying a tier piece, everyone who wants it whispers, and highest on dkp gets it, if there is a dkp draw then there is a roll off. Obviously they wont get it if they already have a Trophy sitting in there bags.

Actually screw it, i am arguing loot council vs dkp. I know someone in another guild that uses dkp and he has 4 trophies and has not yet even bought 1 piece of his t9. This is what we're trying to avoid.
    This is why you set rules and boundaries... My guild are pretty civilized and generous when it comes to loot , id rather have 25 decently geared people other then 7-8 really geared players. The first few trophies until all bosses are out should go to seperate people , until heroic is unlocked..
    I tank stuff.

Our guild is using some kind of loot council for distributing the Trophies as well.
    Only people that have sufficient Emblems are allowed to join in on the needing of the Trophies
    From there we will look at the EP/GP priority of the persons wanting one and lastly it will be checked if that person doesn't have too many Trophies already.
    Up till now it works just fine.
    Life's a bitch, but she ain't bitching as much as you do!

We use EPGP, but I suppose gearing your tanks would be a good idea :S

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Distribute them just like any other set item token. Just make sure one person doesn't get a second one until they have bought the first item. Having 3-4 of these on one person doesn't help your raid since you have to use badges to purchase the item as well.
    This space for rent.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    We use EPGP, but I suppose gearing your tanks would be a good idea :S
    It's the best loot system.

dkp stacking ftl. If you wanna continue to use loot council for normal loots and still dish trophies without looking like your favoring anyone then try using epgp for the trophies only. Or since it's been long enough for people to just about start getting enough trophies allow anyone with the required number of emblems to just /roll for it.

tanks 1° and then free roll (or dkp/epgp if your guild uses that) for the ones who already have the badges to get the piece

We've been raiding together for almost 4 years (same GMs and Raid Leaders the entire time) and we've tried out nearly every loot system there is. These days we use a "Tiered Rolling" System that we devised.

Raiders are on one of two tiers either Core Raiders or Casual Raiders.

To qualify for Core Raider you must be available all raid nights in a given week for 3 of 4 weeks a month. (Doesn't mean you'll raid every night, just that you are available and ready to go).

Casual Raiders are fillins, alts, people new to the guild (usually 3 weeks of raiding) and people who raid but cannot commit to a full time raid schedule.

Core Raiders roll 50-100 on all appropriate gear
    Casual Raiders roll 1-100 on all appropriate gear

off spec rolls 1-100 if no main spec needs (some priority is given to off-specs who USE their off spec regularly in a raid but this is done on a case by case basis).

This eliminates DKP and the invariable resentment that comes with Loot Council. It removes all 'overhead' for officers and GMs in terms of keeping track of points, etc.

Core Raiders have a dramatically improved chance of winning gear but Casuals can and do win - even over Core Raiders - when the RNG falls their way. No, it's not at all perfect but no loot system is and once our people got used to it, it's been the most seemless and painless system we've ever used.

Like any loot system the key is getting your people to care more about progression and guild achievements and less about their personal need to have X, Y or Z piece of gear.

Now that I am done hijacking the thread, I'll answer the original question (sorry about that )
    Trophies are rolled out 50-100 or 1-100 depending on your raid status but no player may have 2 trophies in their possession at the same time (ie you can win one on Tuesday and another on Wednesday as long as you use the one on Tuesday to actually buy your tier9 before raid time Wednesday). If you don't have the badges to make use of a 2nd trophy, you have to pass.

btw, side note:
    We found a long time ago that 'gearing the tanks' or 'gearing the healers' just wasn't necessary. Players who know their class and the gear available in the game can farm badges/gear and be in perfectly good progression raid shape without somehow getting priority over everyone else. This theory also assumes every fight will be about the tank having the best gear in the raid which we know by now is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Isbjornen
    Don't use loot council? Use DKP . In a DKP system usually people allow those most deserving to take the items by respectfully not bidding.

Loot council is so stupid.
    my guild is dkp based... and i will not respectfully pass.. if i know some1 wants an item very bad i will make them use as much dkp as they possibly can.. letting some1 have something is just giving them the opportunity to out bid u on something you want... but i think free rolls to main raiders/dkp is the best way to go
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

give tanks first, then healers then the rest, core raiders first ofc