Re: How are you distributing Trophies of the Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    We use EPGP, but I suppose gearing your tanks would be a good idea :S
    Yep this is the best use it.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Pumaska
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C
    lag is sum ting that comes from a graphic card but not from the Internet

The guild im in uses loot council, and while im sure I dont know all the considerations what I do know is.

-Reliability
    -Consistency
    -Tenure
    -Performance
    -Attendance
    -Whether they have the emblems for the item
    -Whether they have already recieved loot that raid week
    -How soon they will have emblems for said item
    -How big of an upgrade the tier item will be

I know a lot of those may seem redundant or similar but there are slight variations which are considered by our loot council.

I havnt gotten a trophy yet, but im hoping to get one this week.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

15+ Year Old Account

People that actually show up for raids, on time.
    People that have the emblems to buy it, though in the first week, maybe second, no one had enough.

DKP.

We use a very simple method... if you have the badges needed to get a piece of the new tier you can bid on the trophy. If you don't you can't. Simple as that ... if multiple bids the standard ep/gp rule (or whatver you use)

Quote Originally Posted by glaigas
    my guild is dkp based... and i will not respectfully pass.. if i know some1 wants an item very bad i will make them use as much dkp as they possibly can.. letting some1 have something is just giving them the opportunity to out bid u on something you want... but i think free rolls to main raiders/dkp is the best way to go
    This is an example of why DKP is often poisonous to guilds. A loot system which calls for actively scheming against your guildies and requires smart players to manipulate others to force them to use DKP, etc etc etc is bound to cause emnity and frustration.

DKP reinforces the idea that loot is so precious and important we should cut each other's throats to get it. This undercurrent in a guild is very bad for long term success/cohesion.

Of course, my theory is based on my goal of keeping a stable, friendly, grownup group together as long as possible and other guilds have a goal of keeping the absolute best players they can long enough to get first kills. These are different goals and, I would guess, they lead to different thoughts on loot and loot systems.

My guild has used the same system since Vanilla almost entirely without incident:

Main priority is tanks
    Second priority is healers
    Third priority is dps

Someone is always welcome to pass if the council decides they deserve the loot but it always goes back to someone in their group (tank/dps/healer). i.e. The loot winner can't decide who it goes to.

All of this is remarkably easy for us as my college has a large wow playerbase, a lot of the professors and administrators also play. Our core 10m group all meet up in the media lab at night and play together in the same room. On the weekends we put together a 25m group with some of the other students/staff, while we don't meet up as a group for the 25 man runs, a lot of us do. Those that don't, we openly discuss loot on vent.

It's a neat setup, I'll miss it next year (Senior this year).

Loot council:

Tanks
    People who have the emblems
    Most usefull bonus
    Roll between class leaders then current gear, attendance, performance, ect...

We use a very complex loot distrubtion system. Ever member gets his turn when an item her desires drops. Although it also takes attendance into account, so, some casual can't come every other raid and get an item. I doubt anyone else is using such a system, but I don't mind sharing it with you how it's called:

DKP

Quote Originally Posted by glaigas
    my guild is dkp based... and i will not respectfully pass.. if i know some1 wants an item very bad i will make them use as much dkp as they possibly can.. letting some1 have something is just giving them the opportunity to out bid u on something you want... but i think free rolls to main raiders/dkp is the best way to go
    You my friend are not one I would want in my guild. DKP is a bad goat. If you must use a system people switch to epgp so everyone see's whats going on and can plan a gearing strat accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Coulro
    This is an example of why DKP is often poisonous to guilds. A loot system which calls for actively scheming against your guildies and requires smart players to manipulate others to force them to use DKP, etc etc etc is bound to cause emnity and frustration.

DKP reinforces the idea that loot is so precious and important we should cut each other's throats to get it. This undercurrent in a guild is very bad for long term success/cohesion.

Of course, my theory is based on my goal of keeping a stable, friendly, grownup group together as long as possible and other guilds have a goal of keeping the absolute best players they can long enough to get first kills. These are different goals and, I would guess, they lead to different thoughts on loot and loot systems.

i completely agree.. dkp is new to my guild.. unfortunately the reason we just started dkp is cause the officers admitted to the loot council being very biased and this is their way of solving it.. then again the first week we had it on an off raid night we had enough people on to finish our ulduar raid.. one officer was not on and it became a whole big QQ fest leading that officer being rewarded the dkp he missed for not being logged on.... so the biased still exists.. i like the idea of raid members and casual raiders.. raiders rolling 50-100 and casuals rolling 1-100.. it seems like a nice system
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

We just use DKP.

Doing Photoshop requests.

Our guild does open rolls, highest number gets it. However, if you've already won a trophy, you have to wait until everyone else has received one before rolling again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laríen
    It's the best loot system.
    Might be best for you but not if you are a progression guild.

i've also thought of a system that combines dkp and /rolls..because in my guild.. even offset gear costs dkp and its rediculous that they would DE the best weapon in the game if no1 wanted to give up the 1 dkp point for offsepc.. so the system would go like this..

every1 gets a base amount of 50 dkp on the day this is started (or any other value, i just like the number 50)
    the guild officers can make the amount of dkp each raider gets per boss kil / per hour of raiding
    when people want an item they roll
    with 0 dkp the person must roll 1-50
    each point of dkp allows the roller to add a higher value to their roll
    when using 25 dkp, one would roll 25-75
    if one were to use 50, the roll would be 50-100
    the amount of dkp one uses is added to the low end and top end of the roll to increase their chances
    this gives all people a chance at loot, and the people that attend raids a higher chance.. it seems more fair because in my dkp system right now some1 can miss 1 night of raid and fall behind on dkp and then miss out on a great drop when they might deserve it more than the person who got the item

We use loot council for all rolls except trophies.

For trophies we allow core and officers to open roll.

If a person has previously won a trophy, they must have already redeemed it for a piece to be eligible for a new trophy.

Originally we would have liked to trust all raiders to roll only if they could immediately buy a piece. We decided this would be too difficult to police and would open up room for in fighting. We feel our system gets rid of these complications without allowing people to sit on trophies that they can't use.

Interestingly enough I am the MT for my guild and managed to legitimately win one early on. After exchanging it for a piece I was able to roll, and won a second piece, however, since the same encounter dropped a juggernaut's vitality for me, our officers asked me to pass the trophy, and I did. I guess our system isn't exactly set in stone.

15+ Year Old Account

We've always used SK for tier pieces and Highest Upgrade Rule for non-tier, going by rank (Core raiders as priority, then non-core, then trials etc).

For each new tier of gear we used a new SK list.

For trophies we're using T8.5 SK since no-one's suiciding for mainspec any more except for trials. For the Heroic T9 we'll be using a new SK list.

This loot system has seen us through fairly for over 2 years.

Standard DKP. We kept the DKP for all of WOTLK intact, so some people may still (very unlikely) have some left over from late Naxx runs.

Overall seems to work pretty well. When people get too much, the bids go very high for first time drops (like the first Yogg shoulders for example, and someone is very likely to bid 100% of their current DKP for the TOC caster dagger). When things are very heavily farmed, you pay very little and can get off set pieces when everyone passes for main spec.

I got my first Trophy last week. I only spent 1/3 of my current DKP for it. All 3 trophies went for similar price. This week they may either go for more or less, since everyone should be able to buy the more expensive tier pieces if they want to.

in our raid group the price of it is 70 (~4raids) but the person who has the most DKP dosen't get it, instead the person with the most emblems of triumph gets it.(only works with a trust-worthy group :x)

As the GM(tank) I took our first trophy, our second went to my number one healer who is also an officer and has been given all our fragments from uld for the legendary, after that we have been allowing the members who have the most triumphs and are member+ status to roll(we use loot council).