Poll: Will Greymane City be the new Stormwind, Ironforge?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Greymane City *Highest Population* The place to be? (For RP aswell)

I'm pretty sure it gets destroyed near the end of the Worgen starting area. That would explain why all that's left is the ruins of Gilneas--which is the new battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi
    This post is clever and original.

Especially because tauren were never considered to be furry bait.
    Thats because cows aren't special and elegant enough for most furries, now wolves? Well we all know the power of the three wolf shirt.

Its gonna be pretty far away from most new stuff except of the Twilight Highlands and the pvp island, so would say people really want a more central town like stormwind or ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarzuur
    Is it going to be a capital?
    What about the Goblins too.
    No idea about the first part

Blizz said that the goblins are going to build their major city in azshara
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

All I know is I think I want to be a part of a raid against all ally cities the day Cataclysm comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Derlan
    Thats because cows aren't special and elegant enough for most furries, now wolves? Well we all know the power of the three wolf shirt.
    With a single exception, every furry I know in real life plays horde. That one exception plays ally because I asked him to join my ally guild.

I'm getting sick of all these jealous/bitter horde saying, "Well, since I only got better racials instead of better art, I'm going to flame the entire faction. Surely THAT will make up for my failing self-confidence!" Get over it. It's a game. People of all walks of life will play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

I thought it was going to be the new WG type city.

Whether it becomes a new popular hub for me would depend on the distance between portal, AH & Bank.

Org is ugly as sin, but it's my main horde hub just because of convenience.

i cant find the source, but i did hear that stormwind will have a special worgen section added, so i believe gilneas wont be a main alliance city

Son of a Worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpapumpa
    i cant find the source, but i did hear that stormwind will have a special worgen section added, so i believe gilneas wont be a main alliance city
    Dwarf, Gnomes got their own district kinda. Dwarven District. But still they got Ironforge!

It depends really.

It seems the high population city will be (for allaince) Ironforge, Greymane City, or Stormwing. I have a Feeling that Ironforge will out class the other two.

The Reason why? The Grim Batol raid and then Blackwing Desent.

IronForge is between the two
    Greymane is closest to Grim Batol
    Stormwind is closest to Blackwing desent

So most people will save in Ironforge but there will still be a high population in the other two(like in Classic wow, Alot of people saved in IF but others saved in SW to avoid the big crowd in IF).

It might also depend on were the entrence of the other two raids are. Skywall will be the "Onyxia" raid of the first tier and no one will save near it, but the fireland's entrence will determan who will save were.

If there is a boat from Greymane to Kalimdor(like it seems) then both Stormwind and Greymane will both be a bit more popular even thought there is more travle time to the other two raids.

None of the above.

1 Forsaken were attacking, and announced as such, during the intro vids. It was later explained in the pvp panel that quite a bit of terrain in gilneas is under attack.
    This plays into the fact that the new BG is, in fact, the city. It's a king-of-the-hill in fuzzytown.
    2 When people were displaying concern over this first part, they simply stated: People hardly ever use exodar/silvermoon. Why spend those resources on a never-used city, when they can INSTEAD simply add a 'worgn district' to SW (official, lemme hunt a blue), and a 'goblin valley' to org (implied)

i would like Greymane city as capital(at http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_049.jpg, "Greaymane city RUINS" got a flightpath , questgivers and most important, an INN), but, in Blizzcon 2009 Aug, the devs said there is going to be a BG in Gilineas called "Battle for Gilneas", and it was told (i ve heard) that BG will be about ally and horde fighting for control of as many "districts" as posible, so:

Is this BG placed at Greymane city?(BG is called "Battle for gilneas" not for Greymane city.... so:

will Gilneas have 2 cities?

is this Goblin capital city? ----> http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_006.jpg

will incomming expansion bring more capital cities? :3

I can't cite the source, but I'm positive that neither Gilneas nor the Goblin "starting base" will function like the present capital cities do. We'll be using Stormwind and Org as the main hubs for cata.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I have no idea what they're planning on doing with cities in Cat. I've heard conflicting reports everywhere. Gilneas is a city, Gilneas is a BG, Goblins have a city, Goblins don't have a city. Gnomes get Gnomeregan back.

Who knows. Everything's subject to change,

Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi
    With a single exception, every furry I know in real life plays horde. That one exception plays ally because I asked him to join my ally guild.

I'm getting sick of all these jealous/bitter horde saying, "Well, since I only got better racials instead of better art, I'm going to flame the entire faction. Surely THAT will make up for my failing self-confidence!" Get over it. It's a game. People of all walks of life will play it.
    How many furries do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    Honestly I have no idea what they're planning on doing with cities in Cat. I've heard conflicting reports everywhere. Gilneas is a city, Gilneas is a BG, Goblins have a city, Goblins don't have a city. Gnomes get Gnomeregan back.

Who knows. Everything's subject to change,
    This pretty much. Stop screaming at people saying they're wrong ;D

Edit: Hugs poster below me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

gilneas =/=greymane city.

Just because Blizz says that gilneas will be a bg doesnt mean Greymane city will be too.

Stormwind.
    Do it because you want to, not because you have to.

Blizz said theyre using it for "The Battle for Greymane City" BG, U fight over controll of parts of the city (Seems cool to me, Maybe I can hide in a house and sniper with ma huntar!)

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    2 When people were displaying concern over this first part, they simply stated: People hardly ever use exodar/silvermoon. Why spend those resources on a never-used city, when they can INSTEAD simply add a 'worgn district' to SW (official, lemme hunt a blue), and a 'goblin valley' to org (implied)

Yeah, I'm sure it had *nothing* to do with the *TERRIBLE* placement of those cities. Maybe they didn't get the memo but even in vanilla no one fucking used Darnassus, so what kind of imbeciles put a city right next door, but even more bothersome to get to (*must* take a boat and hit a load screen), and expect people to go there. Morons.