Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tactics for Twin Valkyrs

So, searched and didn't find anything of real value. Does anyone have working tactics from US or the PTR?

Would be nice to know more about the fight than just the abilitys when you didn't try it on the PTR.

Re: Tactics for Twin Valkyrs

Something about orbs and light and dark and pew pew and tanking and healing or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gres
    So, searched and didn't find anything of real value. Does anyone have working tactics from US or the PTR?

Would be nice to know more about the fight than just the abilitys when you didn't try it on the PTR.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f218/54453-twin-valkyrs-encounter.html
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

This is a basic setup I posted for our guild.

For Twin Valkyrs we will split our raid group in two in order to kill two joint bosses: Fjola Lightbane and Eydis Darkbane.

During the encounter you will be able to absorb either black or white orbs that fly in the room. Absorbing white orbs will increase your DPS against dark targets (Eydis Darkbane) and absorbing black orbs will increase the damage against white targets (Fjola Lightbane)

Abilities:

Power of the Twins: The shared power of the Twins increases Physical damage dealt by 30% and allows the Twin to Dual Wield for 15 sec

Twins Pact (15 seconds cast): The Twin's Pact heals for 20% of their total HP.

Twin Spike (15 seconds cast): The Twin Spike inflicts 100% weapon damage and increases damage taken by 20% for 15 sec or for 10 charges.

These abilities are shared between both Twin Valkyrs bosses, Eydis casts the dark version, and Fjola the light version of the spells.

Touch of Darkness/ Light (15 seconds Cooldown): 7+K Dark/ light damage to players under the effect of the oposite Essence every 1 sec. The Touch of Darkness will not harm targets with the same attributes as it.

Empowered Darkness/ Light: Increases damage dealt to Light/ Dark targets by 100% for 20 sec.

Unleased dark/ light: The Concentrated Darkness / light releases its energies inflicting 12188 to 12812 Dark/ light damage to enemies within 8 yards.

Surge of darkness/ light (5 sec cast): Pulsing a Surge of Darkness Inflicting 1500 damage every 2 sec to Light enemies.

Dark/ light vortex (8 seconds cast, 15 seconds Cooldown): Medium damage (about 6 K) every 1 sec for 5 sec.

Our main challenge is for DPS to be aware of the orbs around the room, and pick only the orb color they need, and for the healers to be aware of what damage ability is going to occur next.

1: We split the raid into 2 groups.

2: Tank Fjola and Eydis apart from each other

3: The Fjola group picks up the black orbs and avoid picking up the white orbs.
    Picking up 100 orbs will greatly boost your damage.

4: The Eydis group picks up the white orbs and avoid picking up the Black orbs.
    Picking up 100 orbs will greatly boost your damage.

5: Healers keep watching the Bosses abilities being cast (as described above) to expect what kind of healing will be needed next.

6: Keep adjusting to the abilities (it's a bit of a random fight) until they both die (they have shared health pool)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUkXzu7rsOM
    This space for rent.

From the vid's ive seen its have set dps "run over" the appropriately colored orbs to prevent them from reaching the val. IE dps on the light val needs to absorb the dark orbs and dps on the dark val need to absorb the light orbs.

Move out from the aoe, and dps till dead.

Im sure there is more to it but thats all i could really tell from the vid's I watched.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Probably and most likely the easiest fight in ToC ONCE you understand how to not get smeared agaisn't the wall when they cast the vortex.

we one shotted on 25m last nite.. was a fairly easy fight..

Me and the other tank got oposite colors buff than ours mobs, and tank tank tank tank spank.

when they emote to swich, just click on orb, get aoe, click on the other and continue. very retarded fight.

we got a shamy who dont got the orb buff at time, and still survived, healing.

maybe hard mode got something like dont swicht etc.

the running balls, we even not care about they, if they run for you, eat it.

2 groups, light and dark.

Blood Lust.

Change to light/dark when they are going to explode (Blizzard UI will tell you)

Loot

Wait, I don't understand what healers do. Do they have to care about orbs?
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    Wait, I don't understand what healers do. Do they have to care about orbs?
    Not really, but if your dps is stupid then just grab them.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    2 groups, light and dark.

Blood Lust.

Change to light/dark when they are going to explode (Blizzard UI will tell you)

Loot
    Sadly, accurate. We save heroism for when our designated powerup-ers get to 100% hehe.

Why are so many groups using two tanks?

This fight is retardedly easy. One tank. Entire raid is the same color as the tank, except for one priest (holy). Priest shields raid. DPS pew pew.

If one boss gets the shield, everyone switches to the opposite color, burns down the sheild, then pew pew more.

We killed them in about 1:35 seconds last night.

This fight is a joke. Trash is harder than this.

This fight was rediculously easy, here's hoping the hard mode is a little more challenging.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Wait a sec we need a strat for this fight?
    Downed it on 10 and 25 last night very simple fight
    tanks start off with oppisit colour they are attacking to get alot of threat fast then switch to the same
    dps are all oppisit to the side they are on aand are devided into to two groups
    change to colour of the channeled spell burn bubble and kick twin pact
    ..gg

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323

This fight is retardedly easy. One tank. Entire raid is the same color as the tank, except for one priest (holy). Priest shields raid. DPS pew pew.

If one boss gets the shield, everyone switches to the opposite color, burns down the sheild, then pew pew more.

I'm honestly rather disappointed with this fight, and the difficulty of ToC in general. Blah blah hardmode will be more difficult qq more please blah blah... but really, nearly every Ulduar keeper(non hard mode, even) was much harder than this shit before they nerfed the hell out of some of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323

Why does the priest need to be a different color?

1-2 shotting every boss for first kills FTL.

this really isn't a complicated fight my guild 2 shot it on 25 and we 1 shot it on 10 man and got the achievement salt and pepper

Quote Originally Posted by jeffason
    Why does the priest need to be a different color?
    Priesty runs around and catches the other color balls (so they don't AoE the raid). The ones he can't get to, he shields people from. If the raid is reasonably stacked up, one person can do this, and since this was a joke for our shaman healer, we picked the priest to do it.

Ranged go dark, melee go light, switch when needed and switch back to your original color. Avoid orbs of the opposite color. Really easy fight.