Thread: RW vs UB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: RW vs UB

It's a very stupid idea, I don't know why people insist on doing less dps than they are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Lol at the dude saying -20% armor to ds hs melee is equal to 13% damage to dc ff it and bp.......

So 20% armor minus to 3/4 top damage spells and 13% to number 3 on damage....
    Basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Rune weapon doesn't scale with armour penetration either.

It's still almost always significantly better than unholy blight.
    We scale with ArP and it does half our damage. So yes, DRW indirectly benefits from ArP.

Its cute that ppl are saying "6% for DRW and 5% for UB" when its more like 6.5% vs 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean
    We scale with ArP and it does half our damage. So yes, DRW indirectly benefits from ArP.
    No, it doesn't. And rune weapon doesn't do 50% of our damage either. This should be pretty obvious when you attack something with rune weapon out and it hits for something like 20% of whatever you hit for.

Anything that benefits our damage benefits DRW. If it buffs us, it buffs DRW. If two DKs have exactly the same AP, Crit, Hit, Exp, etc...but one DK has 50% ArP and the other only has 10% from talents, then the DK with 50% ArP will do more damage with DRW. And yes, it does do 50% of our damage. Unfortunately, it doesnt get benefit from our talents.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...um/damageDone/

My average melee hit: 3654.9
    DRW's average melee hit: 1706.3

My average melee crit: 7582.6
    DRW's average melee crit: 3801.1

If it buffs us, it buffs DRW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean
    Check my average melee hit and crit. Then check DRW's average melee hit and crit. Almost exactly 50%.
    I guess it almost works when you only look at the melee damage but when you factor in everything else the rune weapon still does rather significantly less than 50% of our damage.

I wasn't aware of the exact mechanics behind why though, so I guess I have learned something.

Edit: to clarify I waqs originally under the impresssion that it was the other way round, meaning that I thought that rune weapon scaled with talents but not with armour penetration.

Get rune wep and learn how to use it. nuf said.