Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: PTR Patch 3.2.2 - Build 10357

So what do you guys think is the aprox ETA on cross faction change?

YAY! Lets nerf the only rogue AE! I did COMPETENT, not extraordinary, but competent AoE DPS with Fan of Knives in PvE. A basic nerf isn't the way to fix it. It may fix roguetarding in PvP, but it's destroying rogue's only AE in PvE. Just removing the throwing specialization effect would have been sufficient. Or they could have made resilience have an increased effect on damage reduction with FoK.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by xSaix
    I'm not usually one to QQ, since I find it useless, but I think this is yet more proof that no Blizzard employee plays a hunter.

Because we're clearly overpowered in PvP, amirite? I mean, we should just flail about like a dead fish and cause the enemy 1% of their HP in damage before dying terribly after our traps are resistated and we're CCed multiple times in place, stunned, or disorientated.

No wonder every hunter rolled a DK. Blizzard doesn't know how to do anything with us to make us good again without making us OP, but they let DKs and ret paladins wtfown us without so much as a second glance.

OH WAIT GUISE WE GET FOCUS WHICH WILL PROBABLY BLOW AND NOT WORK AT ALL BUT UHHH IT MIGHT FIX THE HUNTER CLASS!11ONE

I mean, it's not enough that explosive shot was nerfed, nerfed again, had the stun removed from it, glyph of the monkey was removed, our traps are rolled over and resisted, castrandom macro was removed, deterrence is useless because some crap still goes through it since it's bugged, disengage is useless because if there's a pebble behind you you glitch out or a DK pulls you back, RoS is terrible now, Marksman still has terribad mana problems and BM is laughable, but we need MORE nerfs so we can be even more bottom-of-the-barrel in PvP! It's kinda sad when, if you see a hunter in BGs or arena, you lol at them and proceed to faceroll them and /dance on their corpse because they're a free kill. We're supposed to be the anti-stealth class, but track hidden PLUS flare isn't enough to catch a rogue before it stuns you, and then if you don't trinket out and your pet is busy you're a dead man, since lol we have no way to heal. We're supposed to be the kiting class, but Blizz makes damned sure that we're not able to kite.

And what's still amazing is that, through all this, we're still considered the ezmode class by people who haven't played us, and get told L2P IT'S EZ TO KITE A PALADIN OR DK LOLO UR FINE SRSLY UR JUST A HUNTARD by the other half of people that seem to think we're all idiots and the reason nobody PvPs on a hunter is because all of us are unskilled.

Alot of raging for a small snake trap nerf, and maybe I was being a little dramatic, but it's been building up for a long time. Hunters feel like Blizzard's redheaded stepchild...
    What's interesting in your post is that you state people says hunter are OP but don't know the class. However, after reading your whole post I can be assure that you haven't been playing PvP to a higher level than 2000. Hunters are far from being the most horrible class in PvP, for the two following reasons :
    • They are destroying any casters in PvP on a long term fight
    • They are able to kite most melee classes with the solo help of their frost trap, since it's an undispellable buff. Only warriors may really catch them easily

Now let's go over those 2 reasons : With a healer (druid/pally or even shaman/priest) you will be in the long term killing any other ranged classes. You posses a mortal strike debuff that other range don't have and you can still LoS the attack of the range while still attacking yourself.

Regarding the melee : Dk should not touch you, you simply start kiting them through the trap and they can't reach you, there is nothing they can do to compete in the damage. If they death grip, you disengage and you repeat. Pallies are harder to support for 9 seconds that's trues but for 16 seconds after you have easy and free kitting. Rogues are being kite though the traps, with a druid it's even easier. And warrior, well warrior cause a real problem with there very short charge CD and intercept.

Now let's talk about CC, hunter (survival) has a 10 seconds CC evert 26 seconds, 6 seconds sting every minut, and 4 seconds scatter every 15 seconds. Not too bad i think? No.

Yes I'll admint hunters are really hard to play well in arena. There is a lot of aspect of the game you have to focus on and they are harder to play then most cleave, but don't say you don't have what it take to be good in PvP, hunters can destroy most classes out there

And on a side note :

YAY! Lets nerf the only rogue AE! I did COMPETENT, not extraordinary, but competent AoE DPS with Fan of Knives in PvE. A basic nerf isn't the way to fix it. It may fix roguetarding in PvP, but it's destroying rogue's only AE in PvE. Just removing the throwing specialization effect would have been sufficient. Or they could have made resilience have an increased effect on damage reduction with FoK.
    The nerf to damage, has NOTHING to do with the FoK spawm in arena, the damage is ridiculous. The change for arena has been done through the interupt. The nerf to damage is because rogue are best, or second in term of AoE and it's not something that should happen. Rogues are kind on single, no reason we should be (I played a rogue too) king on AoE too

Don't hesitate to comment on the post

i wanna craft BL lol

i'm in beta, ffffuuuu

Loving the achievement names so much.

Look i hear people talking about swipe being OP, i play a kitty myself, if i do 2 swipes i have to pop a cooldown to do another one or wait a sick time to get it back, we loose 50 energy with each swipe, our energy regen is lower then all classes, can't remember which blue post i read it in, so don't talk about swipe as OP. Kitty Swipe is only applied to mobs 180° in front of me (granted bear is 360° because of same effect as concecrapy), so if i possition wrong it hits only one mob, FOK on the other hand is 360°, so garanteed to hit all mobs, so anyone can use it without having to think of possitioning right. Granted swipe does an insane amount of damage (myself gone above 16k on trash packs in naxx) but you take shit loads of agro and prob, if you do it a bit to soon, you'll pull all the trash on you witch = insta death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kike-Scott
    Ok, I'm just leaving this here just in case no one noticed it:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/c/36912/chen-stormstout/
    and http://db.mmo-champion.com/c/36823/u...-lightbringer/

Looks like it's flashback time again.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm sure that it's been explained already, and i have read through all the posts that have been posted in this thread, but I'm still unsure as to what is happening with the changes towards characters. Is it going to be released as a race change (ex: Dwarf to Human) or will it be released as a faction change (Human to Tauren)?

Any clear clarification on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.