Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Abyssal Shatter - Disenchants an abyss crystal into greater cosmic essence or infinite dust.

    Are we going to benefit from this or is it just a patch change in order to get rid of the abyss crystals gathered from hc farming?And then abyss crystals' prices get high again...?

    Want to hear your opinions

  2. #2

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    all i'm going to use this for is if it produces more than one of the results.... like if it makes 5 essences they sell better than the crystals they are down to 20g.... the essences at like 10 lol

  3. #3

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Probably going to be a failure for gold making.Imagine shattering your crystals only for some pieces of infinite dust.Maybe it will be there to help the new ones who take up enchanting and need these mats to lvl it up.

  4. #4

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uliaoth
    Probably going to be a failure for gold making.Imagine shattering your crystals only for some pieces of infinite dust.Maybe it will be there to help the new ones who take up enchanting and need these mats to lvl it up.
    We have a winner this guy figured out what it's for
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

  5. #5

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Well very eger to hear how many the general shatter provides.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    If it gives 6-10 dusts or 3-4 greater essence, it pretty much ruins the prices on enchanting mats.
    Normal ToC is farmable by almost anyone and every drop from there is epic. On my server, the abyss crystals are already worth only 25g, nearly the same as dream shards.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  7. #7

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    We have a winner this guy figured out what it's for
    I would like it to give like 7-8 greater cosmic essence PLUS some pieces of infinite dust and then you 'll give it a second thought before playing the smart guy

  8. #8

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    The first day of ToC alone saw Abyss Crystal prices decline precipitously on Dragonblight. Abyss Crystals were running up to 70g a piece the day before the patch, and had fallen to 27g when I logged off for the night. Since then I've seen prices for Abyss crystals dropping into the high teens, though they don't tend to stay there very long. My guild bank has gone from seeing a handful of Abyss Crystals to growing stacks of the things. Dream Shards have become competitive with the Abyss Crystal market, though Dream Shards have seen a slight decline in their value with the increased interest in heroic runs due to the interest in badge farming.

    Shattering Abyss Crystals will actually be quite valuable for a great many guilds, since both guilds which I am active with have an overstock of Abyss Crystals and rarely keep the Dust or Essence on hand.

  9. #9

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uliaoth
    Abyssal Shatter - Disenchants an abyss crystal into greater cosmic essence or infinite dust.

    Are we going to benefit from this or is it just a patch change in order to get rid of the abyss crystals gathered from hc farming?And then abyss crystals' prices get high again...?

    Want to hear your opinions
    This will be beyond awesome. Previously there was no real way of farming for dust and essences aside from mats to craft something and DE, which is a big pain. Now if you need a bunch of dust and essences you just take some guildies into ToC reg and reap rewards. I couldn't care less about the ah price.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Aerikaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Surface of the Sun
    Posts
    818

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    This should help balance the costs of enchanting mats. Not saying Abyss Crystals will go for what they used to, but will most likely bring the GCE and Inifinite Dust costs down to relative levels with the Abyss Crystals.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

  11. #11

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    I would love to be able to shatter abyss crystals into the other mats. As, once you get to a certain point, you stop getting the items that will give you anything but abyss crystals or dream shards. It will be nice to have another way to get those earlier mats without having to buy or farm greens.

  12. #12

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    I was pissed that they didn't have many craftable high level greens, big reason why enchanting mats are so much right now.
    I welcome this much needed change, maybe a little late. But nonetheless a good change.

  13. #13

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire
    The first day of ToC alone saw Abyss Crystal prices decline precipitously on Dragonblight. Abyss Crystals were running up to 70g a piece the day before the patch, and had fallen to 27g when I logged off for the night. Since then I've seen prices for Abyss crystals dropping into the high teens, though they don't tend to stay there very long. My guild bank has gone from seeing a handful of Abyss Crystals to growing stacks of the things. Dream Shards have become competitive with the Abyss Crystal market, though Dream Shards have seen a slight decline in their value with the increased interest in heroic runs due to the interest in badge farming.

    Shattering Abyss Crystals will actually be quite valuable for a great many guilds, since both guilds which I am active with have an overstock of Abyss Crystals and rarely keep the Dust or Essence on hand.
    Course, with the Shatter, the price of shards and dusts are going to drop like a brick.

  14. #14

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackRaynor
    Course, with the Shatter, the price of shards and dusts are going to drop like a brick.
    The prices of GCEs and dusts will decrease but the prices of abyss crystals will increase.Not much,but certainly,much more than their current price.

  15. #15

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=42613 and
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45765
    now abyssal shatter...

    infinite dust is a reagent for 61 items/enchants
    GCE is reagent for 42(don't count the LCE made) items/enchants
    LCE is reagent for 7(don't count the GCE made) items/enchnants
    abyss crystal is reagent for 16 items/enchants

    anyone who studied some maths and/or marketing will understand who benefits more....
    ...too big,too small,size does matter after all
    ...too short,too tall,doesn't matter when size fits all...!

  16. #16

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    It was only a matter of time before they made this spell.

  17. #17

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Indeed. Good Change!

  18. #18

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    Don't think I'd use it.
    We might for the guild bank though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    I would love to be able to shatter abyss crystals into the other mats. As, once you get to a certain point, you stop getting the items that will give you anything but abyss crystals or dream shards. It will be nice to have another way to get those earlier mats without having to buy or farm greens.
    Cloth > greens > dust.
    Alts > cloth&greens > dust.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  19. #19

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    I think it will benefit the guilds that have a high enchanter that can de purples and get the abyss crystal so that if they do have the abyssal shatter they can get mats so they can get higher in the enchanting so that they can get to 450 enchanting and use them.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331

    Re: Abyssal Shatter-benefit or not?

    I like this change, because I have around 60 Abyss Crystals in the bank already. When you're the über-tank and disenchanter that helps out doing Trial of the Champion to gear up alts, well, you get a lot of crystals. So this change is welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •