EDIT: I didn't make myself clear enough :S Apparently Blizzard has said another caster Legendary is on the way. But, as has been the case, I doubt we'll see only 1. So, after said caster item, then what?
I got to thinking about this after reading another QQ post (of many) about Legendary items. Someone was complaining, "Where is our caster Legendary???" First to those people, do you remember Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian? So yes, there HAS been a caster Legendary, just it is no longer obtainable.
Ok, to the point of my post I got to thinking about what Cataclysm would hold for us as far as Legendaries go. Here's what we've had so far (and please correct me if I happen to miss something):
- Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker: 1H DPS sword, though tanks would also use this weapon.
- Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros: 2H DPS mace.
- Black Oiraji Resonating Crystal: bug mount that can be used outside of AQ.
- Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian: caster staff whose stats varied slightly depending on the wielder's class.
- Twin Blades of Azzinoth: 1H DPS sword set for Warriors and Rogues.
- Thoridal, the Star's Fury: bow.
- Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings: 1H healer mace.
And now we will have another 2H DPS weapon, Shadowmourne, whose stats "may not benefit hunters or shamans as much as warriors, DKs or paladins".
So with that in mind, what do you think we will see as a Legendary item in WoW: Cataclysm and why? Or, what would you like to see as a Legendary? Personally I think it's about time we get an actual tanking item: either a weapon, or maybe a Legendary shield.
My idea is that the item could be similar to Atiesh. The item would be a polearm for Druids and Death Knights or a sword for Warriors and Paladins who complete the quest (or another weapon appropriate to the class, obviously).