Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 0/53/18 question for mages.

training dummies arent a great indicator of anything...the main reason is b/c being hit capped is different levels for all specs of mages...as fire, without being in a raid with my shadow priest and draeni, im wellll below the hit cap (I need that 4%), and with my ttw fireball spec, the dummy doesnt have ttw on it, im missing hits, etc. the only time training dummies will be useful to you for comparison is if you are hit capped in all specs and just want to compare which spec has the higher dps, not how much dps it is.

Re: 0/53/18 question for mages.

I see you gave up on FFB. If you ever decide to go back to it, glyph choices are Living Bomb, Molten Armor and FFB. You'll need more haste and pretty high crit just because it's such a crit dependent spec. It's crit dependent because the base dmg of a non-critting ffb is so low.

If you're deciding to stay arcane, you'll need a lot more haste. You'll notice a pretty good increase in dps when you hit the 12%-15% haste in your character sheet. A good way to do that is to get a new OH, the handbook of obscure remedies is the better one out of the two heroic emblems. You're at 15% hit and you only need to be at 11%, 8% if a boomkin or spriest happens to hop in your party and 7% if you always have a squidface.