Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Blizzard have commented on this already;

    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    Runescroll of Brilliance removed from 3.2.2 PTRs
    We felt that the near-mandatory buffs were Fort, Kings and perhaps Gift. It may be very hard to do say a 10-player heroic without those buffs. [... ] We didn't want to create a dozen or more new scrolls. And honestly, we'd rather you have players than scrolls. But we recognize that you don't always have that much flexibility in a 10-player run. (Source)
    I disagree with the suggestion that they aren't buffing dps. For the ~6 members of the raid who are DPS, an 8-10% increase in HP is fairly useless anyway, since if the boss hits them they'll be 1-shotted irrelevant of these buffs. For my hunter, the buffs give maybe 2-3K more HP, its only really useful if i'm standing in AoE and even then your talking about it buying you one tick extra to get out of the AoE (which is the main danger to ranged dps in most boss fights right now).

    However a 10% boost to DPS is huge, infact from iLvl200 to iLvl 226 gear your probably talking about a ~20% increase in DPS (hugely dependent on class), so these are big buffs, and being in a 10 man without them is like fighting in gear thats at least a full tier below what you actually have, often thats the difference between sucess and failure.

  2. #42

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    As a LW druid heals, i'll be having my pally prot roommate passing out the wisdom and might so can double down with some Kings and Gift.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  3. #43

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    These scrolls and drums should be profession specific, ie) cant use unless you make em.

  4. #44

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Heroism/bloodlust is completely different to bok, gotw etc.

    It isn't a standard buff that last for x amount of time and can be used when ever without affecting anything.

    If there is a noob in the group with these scrolls things could go wrong they would be using them on trash and the like and waste this buff and give everyone the debuff in the process.

    As a result there would be a lot of QQ.

  5. #45

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Quote Originally Posted by reac
    If there is a noob in the group with these scrolls things could go wrong they would be using them on trash and the like and waste this buff and give everyone the debuff in the process.

    As a result there would be a lot of QQ.
    just like how a noob shammy would just hit bl/heroism right?
    LW has the drums RL calls for drum use drum same thing as bl/heroism.

  6. #46

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    AMAGAD IMMA LOSE MA RAID SPOT TO A SCROLL!

    Shamans didn't lose their spots in BC because of drums, none of you will lose your spot because they can get kings or fort from a scroll.
    yea because you could use multiple heroisms and drums in one fight

  7. #47

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Engineering should get the Heroism/Bloodlust consumable. >_>;
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

  8. #48

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury0021
    just like how a noob shammy would just hit bl/heroism right?
    LW has the drums RL calls for drum use drum same thing as bl/heroism.
    Yes but there is a lot less chance of a shammy being noob and doing this than there is if you have a potential 10/10 noobs with scrolls :P


    Besides shaman have already had 2 buffs copied off them in wotlk

  9. #49

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    AMAGAD IMMA LOSE MA RAID SPOT TO A SCROLL!

    Shamans didn't lose their spots in BC because of drums, none of you will lose your spot because they can get kings or fort from a scroll.
    Shamans didn't lose their raid spots in BC because they were the best raid healers, brought the best melee buffs and the best caster buffs. Said buffs have been given away, and druids/holy priests are better raid healers now. Bloodlust and totem of wrath are the only remaining unique class abilities. Paladins still have other raid buffs, sanc stacks with everything, Divine Sac is unique etc. Druids still have Brez and innervate as unique things. 5% spell haste doesn't really stack up favorably to those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

  10. #50

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Yes but there is a lot less chance of a shammy being noob and doing this than there is if you have a potential 10/10 noobs with scrolls

    if it is a lw'ing drum, i'm willing to bet there are a lot less lw'ers then shammies. The only reason to be a lw'er is well, no reason at all.

  11. #51

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Made some Runescrolls and put them on the AH, nothing sold. Have yet to see any of the new drums on there as I would buy some of those.

  12. #52

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    FYI, the drums have 1 charge. pretty hefty mat costs if you wipe on hard modes for a few nights a week. Dunno about the other servers but they come out to somewhere around 25-35g a pop buying the mats off AH.

  13. #53

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    i have suggested the following for JC:

    design: titansteel timeslower
    binds when picked up
    requires level 80
    cost: 6 jewelcrafting tokens (the same as the epic rings and necklaces).
    use: teaches you how to make a titansteel timeslower.
    materials required: titansteel bar X4, dragon's eye X1, majestic zircon X1, cardinal ruby X1, king's amberX1
    titansteel timeslower
    binds when equipped.
    requires level 80
    trinket
    equip: increases haste rating by 80.
    equip: casts slow time on your entire party, increasing ranged and melee attack speed and casting speed by 24% for 40 seconds. affected targets get the exhausted/sated debuff, preventing the target to be affected by heroism/bloodlust/slow time for the next 10 minutes. (5 minute CD).

    some explanation: the mats are there so it is a bit expensive, but that is compensated by the fact that it is a trinket. it is BoE so it can be used by non-JC. the slow time effect is 80% of the BL effect, like the kings and mark of the wild drums. it has the same CD and effect as BL, only 20% weaker. i think it would still give a good enough effect.

  14. #54

    Re: Runescrolls and Drums

    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i have suggested the following for JC:
    No, fuck you, JC has plenty already.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •