Pawn Value of White Damage

I see pawn values for class guides ranking item stats vs. others. However, I haven't seen a ranking for the white damage of a weapon. As an example, if a paladin swaps weapons and gains dps from white damage of the weapon, yet loses a lot of strength, when is the breaking point? When is the loss of strength so bad it's not worth getting a higher damage weapon?
    Me: Where are you?
    Them: In front of AH
    Me: Orgrimmar has five AHs
    Them: ??
    Me: Sigh. Are you in Valley of Lag?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pawn Value of White Damage

Quote Originally Posted by toddiuszho
    I see pawn values for class guides ranking item stats vs. others. However, I haven't seen a ranking for the white damage of a weapon. As an example, if a paladin swaps weapons and gains dps from white damage of the weapon, yet loses a lot of strength, when is the breaking point? When is the loss of strength so bad it's not worth getting a higher damage weapon?
    Rule of Thumb: Stick with the stats on the Weapon and not so much the direct weapon DPS- Only in some cases will that rawr weapon DPS be better (Example: Jawbone to BoH) where you only loose about 26-30 AP.

Simple answer: the higher item level weapon will generally have the better stats, just by eyeball.

...And anyone that knows my posts knows i dont do simple answers:

(DPS gain from weapon X here) =?= {(Str gained from weapon Y here)/7} + {(AP gained from weapon y here)/14}

This is the basic way to compare the dps white damage gain versus the dps stat gain of two weapons. you can flip it around for a second runthrough to compare white A stat B, and then white B stat A.

Thanks Basutai!

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Simple answer: the higher item level weapon will generally have the better stats, just by eyeball.

...And anyone that knows my posts knows i dont do simple answers:

(DPS gain from weapon X here) =?= {(Str gained from weapon Y here)/7} + {(AP gained from weapon y here)/14}

This is the basic way to compare the dps white damage gain versus the dps stat gain of two weapons. you can flip it around for a second runthrough to compare white A stat B, and then white B stat A.
    Doesn't look right to me, as Attackpower doesn't only affect white dps so the benefit is a lot higher.
    And if you're comparing 2 weapons you also have to look at the Average damage (Weapon Dps*Attack Speed) as this affects Divine Storm + Crusader strike + their Seal Procs.

True, but take two things to note:

first, all the other aspects of DPS for a paladin are proportional to white dps.

Also, the last time I posted a full dps analysis algebraically, the ensuing 12 or so pages were math dropouts telling me to explain it...and I thought i just had!

All the weapons I'm interested in have a very tight range in weapon speed, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    True, but take two things to note:

first, all the other aspects of DPS for a paladin are proportional to white dps.
    They are proportional to DPS*Attackspeed. A high dps weapon with low attackspeed will still result in baaaaad Style Dps.