The great metaphor search

Last week, my good friend Larry and I were headed over to his bank to see about our chances at winning a brand new car. Larry had invited me promising that even if we didn't win the car everyone was guaranteed to get some prize out of just entering the contest.

So, Larry and his off-and-on-again girlfriend, Sherry, and I began our trek to his bank. It was quite a long trip and along the way we did some shopping. Sherry bought some candles for their place and Larry had one of those sausage on a sticks from a vendor with a cart. The guys kept promising longevity and winking at Sherry. He was a little creepy. I wasn't very hungry but he had cold beer on ice for $2. I had 2 while Larry ate.

It was starting to drizzle so we picked up the pace as we left the wiener salesman. To save time we passed through Wright Park and Sherry recognized these 2 guys that were fishing. One of them, Dave, was Sherry's old dance instructor and his buddy was Dan, a student of his. After some introductions and a leering eye from Larry to Dave as he hugged his floozy girlfriend, we told them about the contest and they decided to come with us.

We rounded the last corner before the bank and Dan suddenly stops and says, “!*#% guys,” almost under his breath. We looked at him first but then slowly followed his gaze towards the bank. There at the front door, almost as large as the door itself was a man. This guy was huge. And he looked right at us, almost daring us to come closer.

“That guy chased me all across town the last time I saw him.” said Dan.

Dan went on to tell us that he had been riding his bike near here about a month before and suddenly heard shrieking. He said that he turned just in time to see and dodge a broken bottle that this guy had flung at him and the big dude was now chasing him with a thirst in his eyes. He had escaped but was still shaken up by what had happened. Clearly, this guy wasn't to be messed with.

Larry, unlike Dan, isn't afraid of “tough” guys and can dish out a little meanness himself. So, all macho and cocky, he walks right up to this guy and we slowly follow behind. At this point I am not sure whats going to happen, but, if Larry needed help, I was gonna be there to back him up.

All of a sudden this big dude roars. No !*#%, he roars like a frigging bear or something and charges right for Dan. Larry tried to trip him on his way by and luckily got his attention. Then, these two born fighters go all fisticuffs in the middle of the street. Larry can hold his own but this other guy was wailing on him pretty bad. I picked up some rocks and anything else could find and started throwing them whenever I saw an opening. Dave, the dance instructor starts in behind the behemoth and tries a few kidney jabs but quickly get knocked back against the building clearly a little dazed.

Meanwhile, Sherry jumps on his back and starts pulling hair, ears, eyelids, all the while screaming like a crazy person. Big guy grabs her and throws her right into Larry and they both fall back.

All while this is going on, Dan has been behind us praying. He is on his knees praying. Not only that, but he has these candles of Sherry's all around him, half lit, some knocked over. I don't know why but it was really inspiring to see him humbled like that. It filled me with a renewed sense of self and I knew then what had to be done.

I ran over and help Larry and Sherry up, and narrowly avoided being pummeled by big guys fist. Larry intervened quickly with a swift uppercut which bought Sherry and I enough time to get out of his range. Dave seemed to be coming around and we all slowly surrounded our foe once again. This time it was Larry who let out a fierce yell and we charged. The battle that ensued was a blood thirsty slug fest and at times I feared we would never win this race against time to defeat our enemy.

Slowly we did wear down his defenses. And, after it was over we just stood there staring at the fallen monster. Larry went through his pockets and found a knife, some cash and some junk that we couldn't identify. He pocketed the knife and we split the cash. I've never been a thief but at the time it seemed morally sound considering what this guy had put us through. Dan, who had been on his knees in a quickly forming puddle took big guys shoes to replace his sodden ones. Its a wonder they fit. We didn't get inside the bank in time to win the car, but I think we all got a little experience from the whole thing. We will try for the car again next week. I hear they give one away almost daily now.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

Deleted

Re: The great metaphor search

nice read, but you share this why, exactly? or is this just a story you made up? and why do you tell this story on MMO champ?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    nice read, but you share this why, exactly? or is this just a story you made up? and why do you tell this story on MMO champ?
    it's a metaphor to a 5 man dungeon.

Nice job OP

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Savarea
    it's a metaphor to a 5 man dungeon.

Nice job OP
    thank you.
    4 8 15 16 24 32