Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Raiding dificulty is messed up

People have told you this time and time again, so I am going to repeat it again in the hopes that you stop being stupid:

YOU NEED A WAY TO RAPIDLY GEAR ALTS AND RECRUITS TO REPLACE GUILD MEMBERS THAT NO LONGER RAID.

Has it gotten through your thick fucking useless skull yet? Think of it as basic training to replace fallen warriors.
    Are you trying to say people quit much faster from WOW than ever before?
    I will repeat it, so it goes into your big head: you mean people quit so fast that you must replace them with providing meaningless content where non-skillful players can get same loot?

this game is about as hard as getting up to get another bowl of ice cream.

and I love my ice cream.

and these hard modes.. although they are really hard.. they will never make you facepalm like the first time you came across RoS in BT, or the council..or freaking wiping for 2 months on Archimonde and posting on the forums you killed him because it actually meant something! if your guild raided in BC and killed all of those bosses before the nerf,.. and before TBC became Wrath.. then raiding is easy.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    Are you trying to say people quit much faster from WOW than ever before?
    I will repeat it, so it goes into your big head: you mean people quit so fast that you must replace them with providing meaningless content where non-skillful players can get same loot?
    I'm sure they quit at the same rate. Difference now is that a handful of people quitting (or 1 or 2 key people) doesn't stop your guild cold because they took 6 months worth of irreplacable gear with them.

Is there a better way to provide alts and recruits gear? Yeah, probably. But then you have to take into account Blizzards other goal. They are not really interested in sinking time and resources into developing stuff that 5% of the player base will see, while making the other 95% level up alts and do endless BGs. They never want to see another Naxx v1.0 and Sunwell again, and I can't say that I blame them.

Democracy in action! Your friends don't want to do hard mode. You do. So you come here whining that Blizz should just force everyone to do hard modes just like the old days. Sorry, brother, it doesn't work that way.
    No. The reason my friends don't want to do hardmodes is mostly because the reward is bad.
    Before wotlk my friends would whipe 4 weeks or more on a boss and the reward wouldn't be the items it would bring but the ability to see the next boss.
    In wotlk this doesn't happen anymore and the reward is just one item that is easily replaced by the next easy mode content of raiding.

So i would love to ask blizz to give better rewards for the hardmodes instead. Preferably some new bosses that are hard mode only and not just 1 boss that goes poof after 1 hr. Imo making lich king hard mode only would make almost every guild try for hardmodes.

Blizz gave you a slew of options, graded difficulty. You have a buffet at your disposal. You like ham, everyone else is going for the fish. You aren't going to make much headway calling for fish to be banned.
    Yeah graded dificulty..right. Its like blizz making a bath for you with freezing water and when you complain that its so cold they make it boiling hot.

In other words content is either extremly easy or very hard. Why not make some medium dificulty content to bridge the gap?
    Imagine if you were new to the game and do some facerolling bosses and then sudently have to face off against a hardmode boss.

No. That's dumb. Blizz (and everyone else who raided and payed the slightest bit of attention early on) learned that you have to have a way to rapidly gear up players that does not involve farming the old content for as much time as when said content was new.

You need that so that raiding guilds, who grind through members, can replace people. You can not count on the same 25 people being there through a whole expansion.
    Yes and if you read my thread my guild can easily do TOC (some whipes at faction champions) but we are having problems in ulduar.

My gulild has mostly nax 25 gear save for 5 members who are ulduar geared. The instance dificulty is completly screwed and i have no clue if its on purpose or they just didnt test it or what.

Going to repeat it here:
    You need a way to rapidly gear alts and new recruits to replace raiding members that quit.

People have told you this time and time again, so I am going to repeat it again in the hopes that you stop being stupid:

YOU NEED A WAY TO RAPIDLY GEAR ALTS AND RECRUITS TO REPLACE GUILD MEMBERS THAT NO LONGER RAID.

Has it gotten through your thick fucking useless skull yet? Think of it as basic training to replace fallen warriors. Do you see the Marine Corps. forcing new recruits to learn spear combat, then swords, then pikes, all the way up to tanks? No. Because that would be STUPID. You slap em in the latest gear and teach them the latest tactics and ship em out the door. Asking to link BC achievements is like promoting a Marine based on his skill with a musket.
    You languege skill is fascinating.
    But you know what, try making your own guild and see how it goes.
    Gearing up isnt the problem in wotlk epics drop from every where and they have 0 value. The problem is bringing people outside the "pug" mentality and into the "you're now in a raiding guild" mentality. This can take up to several whipes wich can piss off the old members who will go "what are these new guys doing?!"

It's very subjective to say if a boss is hard or not
    Not really, just count how much room for failure you have. On a boss like yog, staying behind on dps to the point where you get 1 extra crusher its a 100% whipe.
    On a boss like Heigan you can loose half the raid and more and still do it providing you have 1 healer 1 tank and some dpsers.
    Hodir does have abilities that can whipe the raid so he would be a medium dificulty boss especially for a new guild to ulduar where loosing 5 people would get you behind on healing/dps required.

But as you can see (and this is what the thread is about) bosses in ulduar can whipe the raid quite easily if you don't follow tactics, but bosses in toc can't. You can ignore the magnataur charge for instance and even if he enrages you can still do the fight. As well that on most bosses you can loose 5+ people and you can still cary it through

Is there a better way to provide alts and recruits gear? Yeah, probably. But then you have to take into account Blizzards other goal. They are not really interested in sinking time and resources into developing stuff that 5% of the player base will see, while making the other 95% level up alts and do endless BGs. They never want to see another Naxx v1.0 and Sunwell again, and I can't say that I blame them.
    I say creating content for 5% of your best players is same (or even better) than creating content for 5% of your worst players. If you create content for 5% of worst players, people clear content and might quit game faster. If you have scaling difficulty level, more people would have something to look forward to.