Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Onyxia's Rewards, Blue posts, Battle.net, MLG

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant
    Was playing the game long before you, I learned to tolerate Orgrimmar's illogical design and go to those other cities instead, since they make freaking sense.
    I dunno how you know his playtime, but i ran trough Iron Forge and Stormwind with my alt Alliance today, but back then for my main Orgrimmar seemed easier to navigate. ( i hate the SW bridges system :/ )

It's a matter of opinion and a matter of preference.

15+ Year Old Account

fire resistance 4 life

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    "The leader just marks (though everyone could do that too) and describes the fights."

Thanks Blizzard. You made may day....
    I think Blizzard has no idea what a good leader is and what he does during raids / inis...

Cheers
    What else is necessary to "lead" a 5-man heroic pug? Hell, you don't even need to mark stuff and usually simply zerging the boss works just fine. Raids are a different story, but they're completely unrelated since cross-server lfg will only be for 5-man dungeons, atleast for now.

Hell? It better be redesigned, I'm sick of how terrible it is now, the Alliance gets this godly well designed city and the Horde gets this difficult to navigate confusing turd.
    Well, what did you expect? It's made by the horde, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

i still dont like that fucking spirit on the caster "ony head" rewards, even if its a copy of the lvl 60 version, give us shamans some love will ya?

And whats up with all the turds whining about Orgrimmar? Orgrimmar is fine and easy to navigate, i wouldnt trade it for a dozen stormwinds.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Then i am happy you enjoy playing alliance.

well Xiaz, the most items got resistance on it, like the old days. Dunno if that is spent on ilevel budget though.

I don't like the Onyxia head rewards, either. Many classes and specs, such as str based melee dps or resto shamans/holy pallys are left out.

Hm, that realID seems interesting.
    Would mean you can "see" where your friends are regardless what alt or game they're playing?

Sadly, it does add the need for a /anon mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update - Val'kyr Twins Bug Fixes
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    The following bug fixes to Val'kyr Twins were just deployed, and they will increase the overall difficulty of the encounter.

• Surge of Light and Surge of Darkness were not being cast properly on Normal difficulties.
    • Light Vortex was doing less damage than Dark Vortex.

Along with those two major bug fixes, we also increased the rate with which the Concentrated Light and Concentrated Darkness spawns.

<Mighty Zulu Nation> on Laughing Skull Europe realm downed twin val'kyrs 25norm on first try yesterday.
    We got the loots from darkness but not from light ..
    Nice bug..
    U MEAN I CANT KILL ARTHAS AT CHRISMAS DAY AND SAY "MERRY CHRISTMAS FUCKER"?

I am The Alliance - Play Free Online Games
    [img width=450 height=64]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/7/2/8/8/0/3072880JdYEv.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by ClayMask
    I don't like the Onyxia head rewards, either. Many classes and specs, such as str based melee dps or resto shamans/holy pallys are left out.
    Its not nearly as bad as the tank reward for poor druids.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone
    I dunno how you know his playtime, but i ran trough Iron Forge and Stormwind with my alt Alliance today, but back then for my main Orgrimmar seemed easier to navigate. ( i hate the SW bridges system :/ )

No it's not. Not in this case.
    The fact of the matter is that the city planning of Orgrimmar has no system, and makes no real sense as opposed to both Stormwind and Ironforge.

Ironforge:
    Circular district design. Crafting professions in the middle at and around the great forge, class trainers and relevant vendors have their districts, or wards, in the outer rings. Example: The warriors/hunters have their trainer in the Military Ward, where battlemasters and weapon/armor vendors also reside. This is also the location for the training dummies. Tinker town has the Tram, engineers and similar. The commons contain the everyday needs of the people through AH, Bank, Inn ++. And on it goes.

Stormwind:
    Once again, district based layout. Here they have added a city river to separate the areas. Old town is the elder rebuilt part of stormwind, and it is here that the warriors ++ reside. The SI:7 and Army Keep thingy (can't remember, i play horde) + other war related vendors are in here, like weapon and armor vendors for most classes. Trade district is basically the same as The Commons in IF. Cathedral Square deals with holy classes, like priests and paladins and other humanitarian organizations, aswell as one weapon shop, basically selling paladin weapons so.

Orgrimmar:
    No real design. Valley of Strength is basically a bunch of burrows placed randomly around in a ravine. Contains the AH and Bank. Dark people go into Cleft of Shadow (Rogue, Warlock), Spiritual/holy people in the Valley of Wisdom(Shaman/Paladin), Holy/Arcane got their own little hut on the way out the backdoor.(Priest, Mage), Valley of Honor got the rest(Warrior, Hunter.) VoH also contains a lake with a fisher, engineers, and ofc the usual people affilated with warriors. If you look at the layout, you can obviously seen that they just found a big ravine and started raising buildings where they saw fit. The actual road system is poorly planned. House placement is completely random. Alot of vendors and profession trainers seem randomly placed.

My point is that even though you get used to it and might find out that you are more familiar in Org than in IF and SW (Which is up to the every single person). The design of SW and IF far surpasses Org, regardless of what any person says anywhere.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Orgrimmar destroyed in the expansion?
    Orgrimmar destroyed? No. Given a bit of a make-over and a bit more iron in its spine (so to speak)? Yes. (Source)
    Hell? It better be redesigned, I'm sick of how terrible it is now, the Alliance gets this godly well designed city and the Horde gets this difficult to navigate confusing turd.

I would greatly appreciate a full redesign, honestly, not just a "spiffing up" with new textures.
    Psh dont hate, Org is fine how it is, me and my homies never conplain, its our crib and thrall did a tight design job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFrLXAYASc
    Best machina ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone

I don't, but given I've been here since the start, I just assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by mchltlt1037
    Psh dont hate, Org is fine how it is, me and my homies never conplain, its our crib and thrall did a tight design job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFrLXAYASc
    Best machina ever.
    Audition for a Soulja boy video.

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    No it's not. Not in this case.
    The fact of the matter is that the city planning of Orgrimmar has no system, and makes no real sense as opposed to both Stormwind and Ironforge.

Ironforge:
    Circular district design. Crafting professions in the middle at and around the great forge, class trainers and relevant vendors have their districts, or wards, in the outer rings. Example: The warriors/hunters have their trainer in the Military Ward, where battlemasters and weapon/armor vendors also reside. This is also the location for the training dummies. Tinker town has the Tram, engineers and similar. The commons contain the everyday needs of the people through AH, Bank, Inn ++. And on it goes.

Stormwind:
    Once again, district based layout. Here they have added a city river to separate the areas. Old town is the elder rebuilt part of stormwind, and it is here that the warriors ++ reside. The SI:7 and Army Keep thingy (can't remember, i play horde) + other war related vendors are in here, like weapon and armor vendors for most classes. Trade district is basically the same as The Commons in IF. Cathedral Square deals with holy classes, like priests and paladins and other humanitarian organizations, aswell as one weapon shop, basically selling paladin weapons so.

Orgrimmar:
    No real design. Valley of Strength is basically a bunch of burrows placed randomly around in a ravine. Contains the AH and Bank. Dark people go into Cleft of Shadow (Rogue, Warlock), Spiritual/holy people in the Valley of Wisdom(Shaman/Paladin), Holy/Arcane got their own little hut on the way out the backdoor.(Priest, Mage), Valley of Honor got the rest(Warrior, Hunter.) VoH also contains a lake with a fisher, engineers, and ofc the usual people affilated with warriors. If you look at the layout, you can obviously seen that they just found a big ravine and started raising buildings where they saw fit. The actual road system is poorly planned. House placement is completely random. Alot of vendors and profession trainers seem randomly placed.

My point is that even though you get used to it and might find out that you are more familiar in Org than in IF and SW (Which is up to the every single person). The design of SW and IF far surpasses Org, regardless of what any person says anywhere.
    Yes, thank you, in fact every city makes sense but Orgrimmar, so I'm happy they're using the cataclysm as a reason to rethink things.

Now we'll get a city worthy of the status of capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Koffie
    I see I need (forced) in the future to change to Battle.net but what bout my security. I use now the Token I got some time ago for WoW, which was sold by the official Blizzard store but that will be useless then. GRRRRRRR. I dont have that a fency phone I can use for the security thing they gave out not that long ago so what now. Going to Battle.net will lower my secury and I will be more in a change I get hacked
    Your authenticator comes with you when you go to a Battle.net account. When I did mine, it just worked.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Koffie
    I see I need (forced) in the future to change to Battle.net but what bout my security. I use now the Token I got some time ago for WoW, which was sold by the official Blizzard store but that will be useless then. GRRRRRRR. I dont have that a fency phone I can use for the security thing they gave out not that long ago so what now. Going to Battle.net will lower my secury and I will be more in a change I get hacked
    What are you talking about?

The authenticators, both mobile and tokens, are fully compatible with Battlenet. If you did a tiny bit of research into it you would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Instability
    first post

or not..

Stormwind has everything clearly marked and easy to find, Ironforge is even clearer, they both make freaking Sense, Orgrimmar is this winding labyrinth of crap, and above levels where you can't find anything, not to mention the class stuff is strewn all over the place illogically.
    You are not intelligent enough to play horde. Sorry bro but thats the truth.

I look forward to cosmetic changes for Orgrimmar but they should keep the outlay of the city itself as it is by far the most apealing one of all Cities.

Nevertheless i must admit that i look forward to the City of Gilneas which might be the new "supreme style" city if done right and not so utterly awfull like stormwind.

Looking forward to handing in Onyxia's head once again

Quote Originally Posted by Lub-ber
    You are not intelligent enough to play horde. Sorry bro but thats the truth.

I look forward to cosmetic changes for Orgrimmar but they should keep the outlay of the city itself as it is by far the most apealing one of all Cities.

Nevertheless i must admit that i look forward to the City of Gilneas which might be the new "supreme style" city if done right and not so utterly awfull like stormwind.
    I'm not intelligent enough but you can't even ****ing spell and you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Holylighter
    Indeed, and you know where you can shove that ball after you recover yourself-

"bro"

Deleted

Cross-server Instances and rewards as a leader
    This was a bit of a miscomm. The idea is that you would be rewarded for trying to use LFG to form a group. A separate feature of LFG is that we allow players to identify whether they are comfortable leading the group or not and then we try to make sure each group has at least one leader. You are probably going to have a much worse experience joining a pug of 5 players when none of them know anything about the encounters.

I think a lot of drama would result from arguing over who should be leader if that incurred extra rewards, as well as encouraging players with no business doing so to lead. Really, the focus should be on the group. The leader just marks (though everyone could do that too) and describes the fights. (Source)
    Can someone explain this steaming pile of uselessness to me please? This is like the class Q&A, a whole lot of text that says absolutely nothing. Ghostcrawler should be in politics.