Paladin Arena Help. Rated Players *ONLY* Please. Well Thought Out Question.

I play a paladin, i havent played much since Season3. Im just starting to get back into the arena scene. Im having some problems deciding:

1. What Spec to play for the upcoming Season7
    2. Is prot in holy gear going to be viable even after the nerf?
    3. What are the best, most viable comps, in your experience or foresight for the upcoming season.
    4. What stats should i shoot for, generally speaking of course.

Take into consideration the following:
    My gear is rather lackluster in terms of PVP im working on that, im rather vigilant, and a very competent player, I understand teamwork and strategy [im a US Marine, its what we do] and WoW is what i do in my off time =]

I want to be the best at what i do, just like everything else in my career.

please keep this forum clean, thank you in advance for your replies, and further insight, into my slight dilemma.

Regards,

Re: Paladin Arena Help. Rated Players *ONLY* Please. Well Thought Out Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanis
    I play a paladin, i havent played much since Season3. Im just starting to get back into the arena scene. Im having some problems deciding:

3. What are the best, most viable comps, in your experience or foresight for the upcoming season.

Take into consideration the following:
    My gear is rather lackluster in terms of PVP im working on that, im rather vigilant, and a very competent player, I understand teamwork and strategy [im a US Marine, its what we do] and WoW is what i do in my off time =]

I want to be the best at what i do, just like everything else in my career.

please keep this forum clean, thank you in advance for your replies, and further insight, into my slight dilemma.

Regards,
    ok number 1 prolly real is a face smash spec you dont need to be good to play it to high rating. so watch out because it will probably get nerfed into the ground. dont count on a FoTM spec to do arena with you will simply regret it. look at all the rets that are crying now because they got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    ok number 1 prolly real is a face smash spec you dont need to be good to play it to high rating. so watch out because it will probably get nerfed into the ground. dont count on a FoTM spec to do arena with you will simply regret it. look at all the rets that are crying now because they got nerfed.
    I think that's exactly the kind of advice the gentleman was trying to avoid...

I play with a prot-holy pal (i'm a warrior) and from what I understand it is not SO much the healing they want to nerf, as the offensive capabilities they have. [I may be wrong, this is just my understanding of a class that is not mine.]

I feel that a post like this is more suited for arenajunkies. While there are many knowledgeable members here, I have found that their areas of expertise are more raid-oriented, and PvP advice is often tuned towards lower-end PvPers.

*This is a general statement, I'm not saying everyone sucks.*

Balls Deep!!

1. I think holy will be better that prot in the next patch.
    2. Hard to say. Prot paladins socket alot of stamina so i guese they will lose alot of spell power (maybe up to 400 but i haven't done any math so its a wild guese).
    3. Warrior, holy paladin and death knight is very strong if you want to focus on 3vs3.
    I suggest you to do warrior paladin or death knight paladin for 2vs2.
    4.I have no idea. Prot paladins socket stamina atm but it will get nerfed so i guese spell power and resilience will be the best after the patch.

Prot/Holy builds are really great, ive tested them on PTR and when played correctly they are really strong. Im more or less really wondering if it will even be worth playing in 3.2.2 because of the fact that 2s is out of the question for rating now, Holy seems to be better, but im not so sure.

Ty for keeping this thread clean as well. Trolling is retarded as Hell.

Im wondering currently what i should do for comps as well. TCP seems pretty popular [MS/DK/H Pally] beacon would almost be needed for this comp.

Socketing stamina is going to be out of the question. Im thinking possibly Feral/MS Warrior/H Pally with the buffs that ferals are soon recieving.

Thoughts?

also this exact same post is on AJ and for three days, I have 0 replies.

So i resorted to MMO. I know we got some skilled players here right =]

Im thinking possibly Feral/MS Warrior/H Pally <b>with the buffs that ferals are soon recieving. </b>
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by v0lt
    link?
    It was on the front page. Can't remember the talent but its going to give a 20% per combo point (when you use a finisher) to give you the NS effect. Any spell under 10 sec cast will be instant. So instant roots, cyclones, and heals every time they use a finisher.

And yes, with that buff I can see ferals becoming pretty dangerous. They already put out great damage, and with the ability to use their CC effectively it will be pretty tough to match.

I played mainly 2's this season for almost 2 months with a dk partner after taking a few month break.

Hit 2090 as a holy/prot spec.
    Decided to change to prot/holy to try it out in the last week and finished @ 2127.

Both specs will have there plus's and minus's.

Prot is easy to get behind in healing, but the burst and survivability with your offensive abils (30 sec shield toss, 20 sec hammer), and non dispellable divine plea!!! really make up for that.
    Holy is amazing at keeping more then 1 target alive, mainly why it shines in 3's/5's but lacks the offensive silences and individual survivability that prot does.

Depending on what your planning on doing or your play style I am positive you will be able to make either work. Even with the prot nerf. Instead of forcing prot palys to gem for stam they will swap over to mainly spell power. They will still have the healz/offensive abils just lack more hp.

I suggest if your going for 2's to try both out figure what you like. If you lack gear prot might help you stay up longer in 2's.

Try and find yourself a good dk or warrior. Sure you could make other comps work but so many games you will face priest/shaman teams and constantly be battling to keep your sacred shield up. Without an awsome cleaver to keep dmg on both of them you will constantly be forced into playing defensive because the other healer wont have to heal. Dk's are fantastic because even against double dps you have a really good chance with all of there defensive cooldowns.

And stats...

If your going prot with the upcoming nerf your going to need resil/sp. If your in full furious/ruthless resil is not as big a deal as spell power. Mana is meh you can keep divine plea up until you decide to take it off.

As Holy you want to stack int to get +crit/mp5/sp but keep a balance with resil (your going to need alot to be competitive - I was running 960).

Ya a pally is the only healer that can compete in high raitings with less resil than the other healers , they aim for 1k .
    And ej is the absalot best for pve but pvp doesn't seem to spark a lot of intest there .
    I'm not going to mention anything about gemming , I'm not sure yet how things are going to play out , ill wait till 3.2.2 goes on ptr , but I've seen a prot crit a heal for 30k !! Lol with wings up though .
    Comps , I am a big fan of pallys in arena they do bring a lot so you will have no problem with almost any comp getting high raiting if everyone is just good players , high I mean 2k.
    Although what the rest said is true I do belive with the changes to feral, warrior feral pally will be THE comp in s7 a lot of preasure a lot of burst when timed right and no dr on a train cc that if timed right is unstopable , intervate with the holly pally is awsome peals all around hand of freadome intrupts from all 3 classes are awsome !
    That comp will be the reason I bring my feral back out of retirment
    The feral change for those earlier in the post , preditory strikes now has a 20% chance per combo point to proc a cast free natural spell.
    Other words every 5 point combo finisher results in a free cyclone or healing spell .

10+ Year Old Account

Well with the recent changes to prot it effectively cannot heal arena anymore, They changed the touched by the light talent to convert 60% of your strength into spell power. While it will still have allot of utility and survivability but they cannot heal all that well anymore. At the moment your best bet Will be to go holy if you plan on just healing, or you could go ret if you want to add survivability & backup healing/bubbles for those oh shit moments.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

PROTHEALING IZ STILL ALIVE!!111!

you´ll loose alot of sp, with good gear its still viable! only thing ill miss out on is about 400 sp which wasnt the only reason prot was so OP.

The silence combined with the low cd on stun (30 sec now) not to meantion the +30% healing on crits is more then enough reason for me to stay prot in 2s..

I play an enh shaman. My 3s team is pally/enh/destro lock, and we broke 2k, but with this pally nerf i don't know what i'm going to do besides Resto druid/enh/hunter or MS war. For 2s though ret/enh still good