Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Recommended Healing Addon?

Just wanted to start off saying I do have healbot and it works perfect for what I do, and it's not too bad, but the thing is in 25 man it just gets in my way too much. Every once in a while (rarely though) something that will kill me does, due to healbot too much in my way. So, what are some good addons that don't take up much space in a 25 man compared to Healbot?

Re: Recommended Healing Addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Healbot is just plain bad. Sorry, but it's one of those addons that only the mentally defunct rely on.

Grid + Clique is a good combo, doesn't take up much screenspace, easy to use, and more importantly, it's easy to see who actually needs healing.
    Yeah, I've been with Healbot for a while now, and it is way too much in my way now, so, with Grid + Clique, do I NEED to have both? Or why do you recommend both?

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot237
    Yeah, I've been with Healbot for a while now, and it is way too much in my way now, so, with Grid + Clique, do I NEED to have both? Or why do you recommend both?
    Its just recommended to have both because they work together so well.

Grid is the only mod I need to heal, but I could do with any raid frame mod.

P.S. if you download healbot, you are automatically bad.

I use Healbot on my resto shammy alt because I cba to learn to heal for real. And it works great. My solution for you is adjust the healbot sizes. Its pie, just make it smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycon
    Grid is the only mod I need to heal, but I could do with any raid frame mod.

P.S. if you download healbot, you are automatically bad.
    Well I've done fine with it for so long, I just realized it needs some improvement.
    So, can someone explain more in depth of what Grid + Clique does? For instance when in a 25 man, say 10 people take damage, or all 25, other than seeing their health drop, will anything "special" happen as opposed to what healbot does when someone drops in health? I know I'm not very clear as to what is being asked, but if you could explain it, it'd help

Grid and Clique are to amazing add-ons and I don't know how I would heal without them.
    Never tried Heal-bot.
    So, I recommend Grid and Clique.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    I await the day that video games become immersive and I can literally punch the asshole who ninja'd my token. We'll see how idiotic people act then.

Oi, Chronalis-

Like I stated above, My resto shammy alt healbots. You've all said its bad, and its true, I fall asleep on encounters cause I get bored. My question Is:

Why is Healbot more nubby than Grid+Clique. From what I've read, It seems like using one addon to do the exact same thing as two addons.

I could be wrong. Please enlighten.

Best wishes-

Me.

quartz lol
    dunno if grid or anythin hav the cast bars like quartz?
    i have healbot but never bothered to even look at it more than once, i do fine with out em
    that being said perhaps i should get grid an see if it makes anythin easier

"Let me make this clear; You do need to pay attention. Healbot basically plays the game for you, whereas with grid and clique (or any raid frame addon and some bindings) allows you to learn to react. I've absolutely 0 respect for people who want an addon to do the work for them, as opposed to doing a little work themselves, and using either mouseover casting, or target-casting."

Also, the "health loss" prediction is a lot slower than other addons. Hell, videos i've seen of people using it, it takes 5 seconds for it to recognise someone as dead.

The Healthloss thing is annoying as hell, yes.

But I was really looking for some differences, Not a Healbot bash quote. I already know its lame.

and really, whats the difference between Using healbot and Using Grid with some 5 mouseover macros bound to my 5 mouse buttons.

Ok, I just set up Grid and Clique, but I still have a few questions about it: 1. Is there any way to make the raid frames bigger? (sorry lots of questions, but it's quicker if I just ask those experienced with it) 2. Is there any way to show Beacon of Light/Sacred Shield/Flash of Light heal over time buffs and their duration on the target? 3. Is there any way to make the debuff not fill up the entire raid frame of a person? Lastly, 4. Is there any way to make the health drop more noticeable like healbot? I may not just be use to it, and if I can't make these changes, I don't think I'll use it due to not being use to it after using Healbot for so long.

GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS
    GRID + MOUSEOVER MACROS

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Is there some magic "use this spell now" feature im not aware of in Healbot? cause I am using Healbot exactly like you are using Grid&Clique.

Healbot basically plays the game for you, whereas with grid and clique (or any raid frame addon and some bindings) allows you to learn to react. I've absolutely 0 respect for people who want an addon to do the work for them, as opposed to doing a little work themselves, and using either mouseover casting, or target-casting.

Healbot was actually banned from our guild a few years ago, and even today, if you're found utilising it, it's automatic guild removal, regardless of how long you've been with the guild itself.
    Ummmmm.....

A few years ago, healbot basically played for you.

Right now, it's nearly identical to grid+clique in functionality.

You can turn on a functionality that chooses spells for you, but it chooses them extremely poorly, and I know exactly zero people that leave that functionality turned on. I'm also pretty sure that it only works out of combat, but I'd have to check on that. And I probably won't, because like I said, it makes stupid decisions.

Clique and Vuhdo handle mouseovers and macro buttons better than healbot does, which pretty much just lets you choose a spell on left click, right click, middle click mb4, mb5, and shift/alt of any of those buttons as well.

I just switched over to VuhDo, but for a long time I've been using HB for 5 mans and grid+clique for 25 mans (and whichever happened to be enabled for 10 mans), solely due to space. I have the exact same spells bound in the exact same way in both addons, and the graphical display of information is equally decent.

TLR - your opinion of healbot is horribly outdated and unwarranted, there's very little functional difference between any of the three big healing addons these days, and it merely boils down to which one you like better.

to Breaks: I agree, I never even knew there was a feature that chooses the spell for you, but I would never trust if, for instance if you want to heal a target with 6k hp gone, and your beacon is on the tank, I'd assume it flash of light, which could be bad if tank is taking spike damage, or if they take 8k, and alot of other raid members too, HL would be better but I'd guess it'd choose flash (HL better due to the glyph.)

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Or maybe just remove Healbot alltogether and l2heal?

I heal with the standard blizzard UI and it works great, atleast for me.

Nps healing 5mans let alone 25/10mans. It's pie.

Sorry Chrono, from what I've seen of healbot I think I have to agree with him(breaks).

As an interesting side note, this old healbot you speak of seems an awful lot like Shock And Awe, an addon considered almost mandatory for Enh shammies.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot237
    to Breaks: I agree, I never even knew there was a feature that chooses the spell for you, but I would never trust if, for instance if you want to heal a target with 6k hp gone, and your beacon is on the tank, I'd assume it flash of light, which could be bad if tank is taking spike damage, or if they take 8k, and alot of other raid members too, HL would be better but I'd guess it'd choose flash (HL better due to the glyph.)
    Right. I prefer the healbot-sized frames, when the group is small enough that the frame doesn't end up being obnoxiously large. I stick with vuhdo and just have a smaller configuration when i'm in 25 mans, now, but before that's the only time I switched over to grid+clique.

All three of the healing addons essentially perform the same two important functions: They present you with information about the health, buff, and debuff status of group/raid members, and they provide you with a mechanism for healing them with one click or button press, as opposed to having to target them and cast manually, which is two clicks/button presses.

Healbot USED to pretty much literally be a healing AI that played for you, similar to the decursive macro, but the LUA code that was being abused to create that functionality was removed....a long time ago. Like with BC, if not before.

@QQless: Shock and Awe is more like facemauler, right? In that is suggests what you press next, but doesn't press it for you, right? I could be wrong there.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    Or maybe just remove Healbot alltogether and l2heal?

I heal with the standard blizzard UI and it works great, atleast for me.

Nps healing 5mans let alone 25/10mans. It's pie.
    I like Xperl, because it shows who has aggro (unlike Blizzard's standard UI).

SAA has a built in priority list and flashes a big picture of what button to press next.

I wasn't aware that healbot actually cast spells for you way back when, that sounds like it would break addon rules in a pretty hardcore way.