Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Recommended Healing Addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Let me make this clear; You do need to pay attention. Healbot basically plays the game for you, whereas with grid and clique (or any raid frame addon and some bindings) allows you to learn to react. I've absolutely 0 respect for people who want an addon to do the work for them, as opposed to doing a little work themselves, and using either mouseover casting, or target-casting.

Healbot was actually banned from our guild a few years ago, and even today, if you're found utilising it, it's automatic guild removal, regardless of how long you've been with the guild itself.
    Are you stupid or what? Do you actually know how Healbot works?
    Banning people from your Guild cause they use Healbot? Rofl! Glad i'm not playing with you...

The healbot hate is totally stupid and unjustified. It's basically the same as grid+clique (which i personally find everything but friendly to beginners) and doesnt do anything automatically for you.

Healbot frames too big? Adjust the size! Easy enough.

I've been using Healbot exclusively and it's performing like i want it to be. I just don't get the hate tbh. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Just download Grid and Clique like most people in this thread suggested, or Healbot if your more comfortable with it. Just for the love of god don't use default blizzard frames and try to call yourself a good healer.

Quote Originally Posted by QQLess
    SAA has a built in priority list and flashes a big picture of what button to press next.

I wasn't aware that healbot actually cast spells for you way back when, that sounds like it would break addon rules in a pretty hardcore way.
    afaik it wasn't a "You can go afk now, I'll heal for you" it was more of a decursive macro-like "Press F repeatedly and I'll dictate what that means you're casting and on who"

But that was all before I even opened an acct, so it's somewhere between second-hand information and speculation. It explains the hate, but it no longer functions even sort of like that, so there's no reason to continue hating.

As the other people in this thread have said, HealBot today performs the same functions that Grid+Clique does. I feel that it is simpler to use one add-on for healing rather than 2. Chronalis, I find it ridiculous that your guild would kick people out for using this add-on. Do you guys use things like Deadly Boss Mods? In my opinion, DBM does a lot more to automate the game than HealBot does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    As the other people in this thread have said, HealBot today performs the same functions that Grid+Clique does. I feel that it is simpler to use one add-on for healing rather than 2. Chronalis, I find it ridiculous that your guild would kick people out for using this add-on. Do you guys use things like Deadly Boss Mods? In my opinion, DBM does a lot more to automate the game than HealBot does.

Someone Wake Chronalis up so we can cure him of his irrational hatred.

Hunterian

I only heal a bit on my altpriest that used to be my main back in Vanilla but I have used Grid + Mouseovermacros, works very well for me.

Clicking spells feels clunky and slow, I do have dispells and a couple of other spells bound to mousebuttons.

Personally, I'm old school, therefore I'm used to no add ons. (mainspec is Ret, but I was holy since vanilla). It's called situational awareness. Some have it, most don't.

I'm usually top of the meters, even pre 3.2, but maybe I'll give these a shot. I'm always looking to up my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Personally, I'm old school, therefore I'm used to no add ons. (mainspec is Ret, but I was holy since vanilla). It's called situational awareness. Some have it, most don't.
    I'm usually top of the meters, even pre 3.2, but maybe I'll give these a shot. I'm always looking to up my game.
    Same here, but since there are some mandatory add-ons in the guild, I have to use them: PallyPower, Omen, DBM and Decursive to name a few. But then again, for healing/decursing I use mouseover-macro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn
    Same here, but since there are some mandatory add-ons in the guild, I have to use them: PallyPower, Omen, DBM and Decursive to name a few. But then again, for healing/decursing I use mouseover-macro's.
    let me rephrase my statement, I don't run healing add ons. DBM, Omen, and Pally Power are mandatory for my guild (and raiding in general), but those are more convenient than necessary.

"Let me make this clear; You do need to pay attention. Healbot basically plays the game for you, whereas with grid and clique (or any raid frame addon and some bindings) allows you to learn to react."

Difference is you have to think which button to press on your mouse, as opposed to some addon deciding "he needs a flash of light instead of a holy light", and then that person getting hit for loads, thus invalidating the small heal you just gave them. It's about the person playing, not the addon doing 95% of the work and even thinking for them.

I'm gonna go get some sleep now (almost 7am here), so probably won't be able to respond for a few hours :P

EDIT: one last thing, a story of a Healbot user (feel free to do a ctrl + f and see it for yourself); http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/01/...f-utgarde.html

Enjoy
    Hey, Sorry to break the news to you, but not everybody uses healbot to auto-choose what spell to cast on a target. I use it exactly like someone who uses grid/clique. It's a mouseover healing/raidframe addon, it doesnt automatically choose what heal to cast for you. >.>
    I'm pretty sure healbot stopped choosing what heals/who to heal back when BC first came out.

Try this addon:

Vuhdo (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...239-VuhDo.html)

It is a mixture of Grid + Clique (and even HealBot).

I used HealBot a while ago because of the way it showed the Flame on the target.

I then switched to Vuhdo, since it is smaller, more configurable and does dispaly the things i need (Flame, Sacred Shield).

I bound (as a pally) my casts on the mousebuttons (leftclick FoL, MiddleClick Holy Shock, rightclick HL, Button 4 Cleanse, Button 5 LayOnHands).

Vuhdo is amazing fast, does use little CPU (compared to HealBot and Grid+clique) and i just have to configure 1 addon. It does need some configuration though before using it the first time.

The author of the addon is also updating it very regularly and adds recommended features very fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Grid. I have Quartz but it's more just a cast bar (at least as I use it) with a quick "Oh, there's my HoTs on the target". I don't use Clique, either.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Holy Paladins don't need lots of addons, really. We don't have enough buffs to track, beacon and sacred shield are too easy, flash of light hot isn't hard.

A raidframe is needed, mouseover macros will improve your game alot. Addons for cast bars, like quartz, can be really useful. Addons like Vuhdo, SRaidframes, or even Grid (never used this one, though), are good to see heals incomming at the raid, to avoid overhealing, and cooldown usage, like shield walls.

EDIT: one last thing, a story of a Healbot user (feel free to do a ctrl + f and see it for yourself); http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/01/...f-utgarde.html

Enjoy
    Hehe, this story was posted on our guild webpage some days ago, few stories has made our guild literally rolling on the floor, as much as this.

On topic though;
    I used Healbot on my tankadin for a while, probably due to ignorance (very little to heal though, had keybinded salv, righteous defence, hand of "this and that"), and abit due to me just having my tankadin as an alt.

After I changed to Grid+Clique, I've changed addons on all my chars, that have anything at all that can be used on players (or just Grid if they don't). And my tankadin has becomed my nr 1 alt, and probably the char I enjoy playing the most.

As stated, Grid has alot of flexibility, and combined with clique you can basically keybind whatever you want, to whatever button/keybind you want.
    Grid can be a bitch to setup the first time, some useful tips can be found on:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid/pages/users-guide/
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

Deleted

Healbot > Grid + Clique but this is of course just my personal opinion having used both.

The difference for me was that HB was easier for me to config the way I wanted.

Prior to trying Grid I was using x-perl raid frames with Benecaster placing buttons for heals n buffs next to every - single - raid - member.

Thank god I found Grid, which then led me on to HB.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

hey chronalis,
    being a moderator of the paladin-forum, you should provide a little more knowledge about this topic or stop posting this hillorious predjudices derived from your ignorance. It is clearly said and common to people that healbot in its present version has no functionality to do what ever you try people to suggest. It is only a two-in-one solution for the same task as grid+clique, which is easier to install and maintain.
    Stop posting this nonsens and use the time to test healbot instead, then come back and rectify your post, please. A moderator should never affect the quality of this forum in such way.
    Best regards
    Sterni

"Let me make this clear; You do need to pay attention. Healbot basically plays the game for you, whereas with grid and clique (or any raid frame addon and some bindings) allows you to learn to react."

Difference is you have to think which button to press on your mouse, as opposed to some addon deciding "he needs a flash of light instead of a holy light", and then that person getting hit for loads, thus invalidating the small heal you just gave them. It's about the person playing, not the addon doing 95% of the work and even thinking for them.

I'm gonna go get some sleep now (almost 7am here), so probably won't be able to respond for a few hours :P

Enjoy
    i use healbot and it doesnt do anything different then grid + clique its just easier for me to use. it doesnt play my toon for me or anything.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Athelaz

I'm a healbot user, I have no issues, regularly top the meters in all our raids (not that healing meters actually mean shit anyway)

I have tried Vuhdo and i liked it but to be honest it is just healbot but a bit shinier looking, i think anyway. I would have probably switched to using Vuhdo as well but i didnt see the point in spending the time getting used to it so that it can do the same thing healbot does!!

Grid + Clique. everyone raves on about it but from all the arguments i have heard (and I have read, spoke to people and played around with it myself a lot as i considered changing to it.) it seems to do everything the other addons do but takes longer to actually set up and requires 2 add ons to do the job that one does?
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by sterni
    hey chronalis,
    being a moderator of the paladin-forum, you should provide a little more knowledge about this topic or stop posting this hillorious predjudices derived from your ignorance. It is clearly said and common to people that healbot in its present version has no functionality to do what ever you try people to suggest. It is only a two-in-one solution for the same task as grid+clique, which is easier to install and maintain.
    Stop posting this nonsens and use the time to test healbot instead, then come back and rectify your post, please. A moderator should never affect the quality of this forum in such way.
    Best regards
    Sterni
    agreed, maybe even revoke moderator priviledges due to responses he has posted is giving no benefit and outdated views

I seriously think, that all the guys hating Healbot is really just hating the name, because it contains the word "Bot".

Get over it, Healbot is nothing like it was in Vanilla or BC. Just a raidframe and mousemacro addon as many people has stated.