Not doing the DPS i should be

Im fairly geared need some improvments but im doing like 1500-1800 dps when i know should be up in the 2k's maybe 3k. Any Idea why?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...renolde&n=Kihl

Re: Not doing the DPS i should be

I'm assuming your talking about enhancement but i just wanna make sure :P I don't wanna jump to conclusions and start ranting off so if you could just point out which spec it is that would make it easier to help
    YOU FACE JARAXXUS. EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Bring back Anub'arak and we have to bring back Kel'Thuzad riding Sapphiron with Patchwerk holding on to the tail dive bombing the raid, who then explodes and out pops Thaddius who instantly casts Polarity Shift and wipes your entire raid leaving Kael'thas to swoop in and steal Frostmourne riding off on the Ashes of Al'ar who then is shot down by Kil'Jaeden riding Flame Leviathan and blown up by XT-Deconstructor who simultaneously explodes leaving a hole in the ground and out pops Yogg-saron who turns in to Sara and is taken away by Thrall who is later indicted on child molestation leaving frostmourne in an evidence bin in the stormwind stockades.

Yes it is enhanc. i just dont see why my dps is so low i do the rotation ive looked up on many forums and i dont know i cant see to push the dps.

first off all you should get 368 hit rating. Second of all you should get 140 expertise rating.

start with that and you should see some improvements.....can't dps em if you can't hit em =)

Well now that i know i can help a little more. First of all i know the OH you're using is from 25 naxx but replace it with something slower and that should help since flametongue does more damage off of a slow swinging weapon. Get some more hit rating to get soft hit capped so stormstrike/lava lash doesnt miss at all. Get rid of the strength/agi/int gems and socket for attack power hit and expertise until you reach expertise cap and soft hit cap. And an enhance shaman isnt really rotation based but more priority based. Drop totems then it should look like SS==>ES==>LL rinse and repeat and always use maelstrom before anything else. If you're not being made the buff bot use magma totem since that's the only way we can maximize our dps. If you do that you're dps should increase a lot. Also make sure to keep lightning shield up and switch the glyph of windfury weapon with the glyph of lightning shield.

Sorry for the wall of text btw >.>

Bring back Anub'arak and we have to bring back Kel'Thuzad riding Sapphiron with Patchwerk holding on to the tail dive bombing the raid, who then explodes and out pops Thaddius who instantly casts Polarity Shift and wipes your entire raid leaving Kael'thas to swoop in and steal Frostmourne riding off on the Ashes of Al'ar who then is shot down by Kil'Jaeden riding Flame Leviathan and blown up by XT-Deconstructor who simultaneously explodes leaving a hole in the ground and out pops Yogg-saron who turns in to Sara and is taken away by Thrall who is later indicted on child molestation leaving frostmourne in an evidence bin in the stormwind stockades.

Now would my dps increase if i socket for hit/expertise knowing im losing agil/AP? Like you said i cant dps if im not hitting so are those AP gems needed?

Quote Originally Posted by myeviltwin
    first off all you should get 368 hit rating. Second of all you should get 140 expertise rating.

start with that and you should see some improvements.....can't dps em if you can't hit em =)
    A bit overkill, white damage isn't too important. Specials cap is 261; Expertise cap is 26. Aim for those numbers.

<moderator edit : This is crap the specials cap is 99 the spell hit cap is 368. DO NOT post here if you gave NO IDEA what you are talking about>

Quote Originally Posted by 12astapanda
    Now would my dps increase if i socket for hit/expertise knowing im losing agil/AP? Like you said i cant dps if im not hitting so are those AP gems needed?
    Yes because if your attacks are getting dodged or are missing that's just lowering your dps a small sacrifice in AP is worth it to make sure you hit whatever you're fighting

For one NEVER gem for STR or INT thats....not good

And not trying to sound like a dick but with that gear there is no reason to be pulling such low dps have you fulling trained your enhance spells?

I say that because alot of people do that a hunter in my guild before Ulduar was out we were a 3d sarth guild and he was our top hunter and he was using rank 1 or explosive shot without knowing it =S

yes im fully trained in all spells. Maybe my hit/expertise is the porblem, But even with that low of hit/exp shouldnt i be doing more dps then 15 to 18 hundred

Quote Originally Posted by Oddeye
    A bit overkill, white damage isn't too important. Specials cap is 261; Expertise cap is 26. Aim for those numbers.
    "white damage" is your biggest damage income...
    Also the huge amount of hit rating isn't about white dmg, it for capping your spells ie Lightningbolt and Earth Shock

Deleted

You should change some talent points too. The 3 points in "Convection" is a waste imo. Put them in "Call of Flame" and then use your "Magma Totem".

The other here said all. Aim vor 14% Spell Hit (17% if you not have an Balance Druid or Shadow Priest in your raid) and 26 Expertise. Then use AP-Gems and AP+Stamina-Gems (Purple), when you have a new Head (maybe the T8.5 for Emblems?) and the Meta-Gem with 21 Crit Rating+3%Crit Dmg.

Just read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28143.0

Should contain all the answers you need.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by 12astapanda
    Im fairly geared need some improvments but im doing like 1500-1800 dps when i know should be up in the 2k's maybe 3k. Any Idea why?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...renolde&n=Kihl
    The reason is you haven't read or haven't understood the FAQ. Locking thread.