Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Val'kyr Twins & ToC 10 man too easy to complete!

Quote Originally Posted by ESPOKE
    That is why.. there is normal mode... and and.. H a r d M o d e

Ugh....I'm sick of people saying "If you think normal is so easy, why don't you try hardmodes!"
    Sure that worked with Ulduar, but ToC is ACTUALLY a complete joke. The bosses will have more hp, maybe smaller berserk timers, and some silly little add-on abillity but with the layout of these fights, this dungeon IS too easy. At least with Ulduar you could say "Wow, i don't want to see what hardmodes are like if this is normal" in the first few weeks of opening. But my guild has one shot every boss every week, including the Twin lol'kyr...ahem..val'kyr, and 2 shotted anub without even having a clue what to do on the PTR. We will do hardmode, maybe get stuck on faction champs but honestly with the lack of coordination needed in 4/5 of these fights, i'm not expecting much.

p.s. go ahead say "Well you haven't done heroic mode yet so it could be really hard you don't know what your're talking about!! Your stupid!" No. Just no.

Baah the problem with heroic version is the same as with hardmodes...You've beaten the content already..

With no real hardmodes (sure there are a few achievements though they reward nothing), Id expect heroic have a new tactical layer..

Maybe let the moving jormungar chases random players, Jaraxxus doubling the number of adds he spawns, or maybe those essences on Valkyr's applies a debuff that ticks for increasing dmg over time, forcing you to swap essences more often...or sumthing

But.. from day 1, ToC has fealt like a gearing up service, so that evryone is geared enough for a stab at IC

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Can you provide us with your armory? I am really wondering if you've done any of the hard modes in Ulduar.

If you want a challenge, there's yogg + 0 keepers, Algalon or any of the Watchers hard modes.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...athwing&n=Dumb Is my alt which is MT. I just recently went into tanking, since dps'ing in PvE content was too easy. I got some good PvE gear on my main warlock. Also I have been doing some attempts with my old guild at 25 man ulduar Yogg. No I have not done hardmode Yogg.

Also I never started did I had done it. I'm a PvP freak, as you can also see on my warlock. And I havn't tanked for more than 1 and a half week on my alt druid.

I started this post to talk about how easy ToC was, not how hard hardmode ulduar was. I know it's hard, I have done a few hardmodes.

~Dui

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Can you provide us with your armory? I am really wondering if you've done any of the hard modes in Ulduar.

If you want a challenge, there's yogg + 0 keepers, Algalon or any of the Watchers hard modes.

You don't own if you oneshot easy bosses in ToC. However, there will be hard modes available, as stated by Blizzard. It makes you wonder, why would they give out such good gear at easy mode fights and the answer is purely simple and logical - because hard modes WILL be harder.

First boss in Ulduar is way harder with all 4 towers up and it's a joke without any. Stating the obvious all over again is stupid, I hope you realize it. There's been 1000 topics such as this one, all of them saying the same and then someone mentions hard modes just to have 100 other scrubs saying how their guilds (without any of the drakes avail. trough glories) managed to down toc bosses.

You sound like a blizzard employee.
    Why does everyone think by name dropping the hardest encounters in game currently, that they can use that to justify them making this game playable by a 7 year old.

If this game keeps getting easier...and keeps making hards harder...were going to reach a point that i feel alotta people will no longer have a reason to push hards. It feels like you gotta be a no lifer nerd to want to push hards. I loved everyone being expected kill bosses that were naturally hard in vanilla and bc. The difficulty made sense because these were major characters of this game. Some people may not have downed encounters like yogg+0 because it requires so much coordination and time that is it really worth it for the Achievement or ability to roll on a Mimiron head mount? It screams headache to me. Algalon is on a timer, so even if people were pushing it, they could be getting fucked simply by schedule conflicts/dcs/lags/silly mistakes over the period of that one hour.

I don't have a problem with hard modes and the way they work, i actually think they are a really good idea....i just have a problem with making normal mode's of these encounters such jokes that they are basically handing out those purple pieces that used to be worth our time.
    I understand the reasons in why they would implement hard modes and how they are allowing everyone to see the content...but i feel they are just taking it way too far.

Its to the point that I'm having a hard time having people research fights for our guild encounters...simply because they are expecting it to be easy now. We removed 2 people for refusing to look into Jaraxxus/faction champion strats....with reasoning that people will need to be on the ball on the last few bosses...yet we got The twins...an absolute face roll of face rolls.

Its kinda like nightmare modes in games....replaying the game at a harder difficulty or higher level...i hate that concept. It feels like a lack of overall development or a lazyness to take the game the whole way...yet i understand alotta people still enjoy it and its an easier way to offer better gear.

Sorry about my grammar and english, still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPOKE
    That is why.. there is normal mode... and and.. H a r d M o d e

On a side note: If you have a raid full of people who listen to tactics are who arent mentally challenged, you should pretty much 1 shot every boss on normal difficulty
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Napee you said it quite well there, and I agree 100% with you. I think what they should do to make hardmodes driffernt and harder, is to add some driffernt things, driffernt attacks/spells, mobs etc. make the counter driffernt in a harder way. Instead of two Jormungar's, they could add an exstra one for a third tank, and it would maybe do more aoe, giving healers a harder time, and some of the snowball mobs so the dps wouldn't just 123 stuff and stand still. I mean it would be driffernt tactics, instead of the same old easy boss, just with more hp and damage.
    Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Well "too easy" is always a matter of taste, but..yeah..Coliseum isn't really hard. Ofc from next week on, there are hardmodes to do, if you like. If not - the current state of encounters is and remains a problem for you and your guild).

Also: Maybe you do C10 in 25 man gear, which...like U10 in 25 man gear makes things a bit trivial.
    Indeed it is a matter of taste. We will be giving ToC hardmode a crack next week, hope it will be somewhat more challenging.

I recently just joined this guild cause' I were looking for some PvE fun. It's basicly just a 10 man raiding guild, and that's what my time scedual allows, since I'm pretty busy with work and family IRL. So we got normal grade of gear, what you should expect for doing 10's. None the less, it still feels too easy. Really hope the hardmode will bring some challenge to the table but doubt it will do that, since it's same tactics, same bosses, just more hp and damage.

Achivements are the only thing that actually spice things up a bit, tho' you don't get any rewards from getting achivement points

All of the 10 man content in ToC is far undertuned for a 10 man group that is doing hard modes in Uld 10. Last night, without really trying for it we got every available achievement in there BUT the kill all the Faction Champs in 60 seconds one. First shot on Val'kyr and get the 'speed kill" achievement is a little pathetic. ToC normal mode should have been at least as difficult as some of the easier 10 man hard modes in Uldular (IC, Hodir, 4 Towers, Thorim) and Hard mode I hope just below firefighter difficulty (with less random BS), otherwise the content will not last long whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyste
    All of the 10 man content in ToC is far undertuned for a 10 man group that is doing hard modes in Uld 10. Last night, without really trying for it we got every available achievement in there BUT the kill all the Faction Champs in 60 seconds one. First shot on Val'kyr and get the 'speed kill" achievement is a little pathetic. ToC normal mode should have been at least as difficult as some of the easier 10 man hard modes in Uldular (IC, Hodir, 4 Towers, Thorim) and Hard mode I hope just below firefighter difficulty (with less random BS), otherwise the content will not last long whatsoever.
    This content is not about difficulty. It's already been stated (and honestly if it's not glaringly obvious to ANYONE, I'd argue you need your head examined) that it's about gearing up EVERYONE for a shot at Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohorn
    This content is not about difficulty. It's already been stated (and honestly if it's not glaringly obvious to ANYONE, I'd argue you need your head examined) that it's about gearing up EVERYONE for a shot at Icecrown.
    I understand that a vast majority of WoW players would run straight into the first goomba in super mario bros. and die repeatedly before they could figure out to jump over it. But making encounters easy enough for a lobotomy paitent to lead and be successful in is just a little insulting don't you think?

Making it easy to gear people up is one thing, removing all need for progression is another.

I understand Blizzard's desire for people to see all content, but making it easy to skip and never see earlier content is just bass ackwards. A new guild can just skip Naxx and Uld now and never have to learn or gain experience with challenging encounters like Yogg Saron or Mimiron.

On the other side of things, lore wise, nothing the Argent Tournament could throw at you would be more difficult to defeat than titan made watchers, an old god and a titan's erand boy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis
    IT'S EASY BECAUSE ITS NORMAL MODE.

THINK LVL 80 DUNGEON NORMAL MODE, AND COMPARE TO HEROIC MKAY
    It's also already the third raiding tier of the expansion.

My guild did the twins today for the first time. Killed on the second try like all the other bosses there. Next week we will oneshot Anub'arak and finally get to do hard mode.

i agree it should have more challenge but keep in mind its Normal mode. WTB Heroic Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Elyste
    They said before they started the PTR for this raid instance that if you are doing hard-modes in Uldy 10/25, the fights will be simple to you.

They'll probably harder starting next week, and they'll give you 50 chances to screw up.

On Anachronos EU they hotifxed twin valks with a DC Timer instead of an enrage one, took us 3 attempts to kill em with the whole guild DCing at 14% first try, 24% second try before killing em on the 3rd, they even took our server down last night for more 'maintenance' i mean fuck ups......

GG Blizz your fail raid remains totally shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    My guild did the twins today for the first time. Killed on the second try like all the other bosses there. Next week we will oneshot Anub'arak and finally get to do hard mode.
    Same here.
    I have to admit that i like some of the fights there. Let's see what happens on heroic.
    srsly!

One-shooted it on both 10 and 25 man. I wonder how will hard mode look like...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Napee
    If this game keeps getting easier...and keeps making hards harder...were going to reach a point that i feel alotta people will no longer have a reason to push hards. It feels like you gotta be a no lifer nerd to want to push hards. I loved everyone being expected kill bosses that were naturally hard in vanilla and bc. The difficulty made sense because these were major characters of this game. Some people may not have downed encounters like yogg+0 because it requires so much coordination and time that is it really worth it for the Achievement or ability to roll on a Mimiron head mount? It screams headache to me. Algalon is on a timer, so even if people were pushing it, they could be getting fucked simply by schedule conflicts/dcs/lags/silly mistakes over the period of that one hour.
    So you complain that the game is getting easier, at the same time arguing that you cannot attempt Yogg+0 because it's too much to ask raiders in terms of coordination and strategy, calling ppl who do HM no-lifers? Love the logic.

You shouldnt attempt to drown these bosses. They're undead and as such have unending breath.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag