Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Emalon - What the hell?!?

Seriously, get another guild, pugs can even do emalon ez... Every dps should do ~2k dps, that isnt hard at all... i did already 2.8k dps on the day my ele shammy dinged 80 ...

10+ Year Old Account

if every dps is at least 2500+ you really shouldnt have too much problems... also be sure to separate emmy and his adds far enough away, but not too far that your dps cant get to the charged one fast enough.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Everyone has discussed the low DPS, but ...

You mention that you are downing the empowered add. This means you have enough DPS for the fight. One area of concern I have is when you mention that your healers are running oom. Sure, gear has something to do with this but that is the easiest explanation. Another explanation is easier to identify. Your raid is taking too much damage.

Chain Lightning is doing too much damage to your raid. Not sure if you guys are staying more than 10 yards apart from each other to prevent the lightning from jumping to other people. Looking at your logs, for the longest fight, you guys were constantly eating three jumps on the lightning. If you are spread out, only one person gets hit. Each time the lightning jumps, it increases damage. Therefore, your healers have to heal additional people for additional damage.

Set range on deadly boss mods, minimize the damage from chain lightning jumping and your healers will have more mana to keep the raid alive longer.

Yes, I had to register an account just to answer this.

One tank goes in and gets pull aggro on everything and start to build threat while the 2nd tank taunts Emalon.

Add tank and Emalon tank split up - one on each side of the room. Add tank needs to grab a new add each time one dies (it spawns on top of Emalon)

DPS: Attack Emalon until he does one of two things: Lightning Nova for melee or Overcharge.
    Lightning nova: RUN AWAY until the cast ends, then run back (melee)
    Overcharge: EVERYONE attack the add that has suddenly gotten HUGE. It has a stacking buff on it. When it reaches 10 stacks, kaboom, you lose.

Healers: Lightning nova has a much larger radius in 25m than in 10m. 10m, melee can run out of it. 25m, melee, along with everyone else, WILL take dmg (20% at least)
    Chain lightning will kill anyone who hasnt been healed since the Nova, heal fast so no one dies.

Not to sound like I'm flaming but your dps is very poor.
    If your guild has mostly epics then your dps should do well over 2.7
    Hell my shaman did that much dps as a fresh 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by Methical40
    lol flame keeper title

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

the 4 hunters in the WWS made me lol

The lack of buffs is one thing to consider, you have 4 hunters, 2 DK, 2 priests, 1 Rogue, and yourself. But the main issue is the lack of DPS...

Easiest solution would be to get a better guild, or find better guildies. :/
    Look at me! I have a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    I just looked you up on the Armory. For instance, Bradwee, your rogue, is using mostly Burning Crusade level gems and is gemming +Stamina for some reason.
    Yeah saw that, im guessing its for the meta but he should be either using an agi/stam gem or a prismatic +stats gem to get the blue, as for the yellow get hit to swap out the pure crit for agi crit and tell him to stop being a tight fucker and buy wrath gems, he should have enough badges to buy the non epic ones after all.

Oh and further to my last and a little bit more digging on that WWS parse, gkick your rogue, he applied SnD like 27 times, hes not using rupture. And his spec.... seriously wtf is that about??? 19/51/1 - ffs he has points in Puncturing wounds, muti much as a combat rogue does he??? Sword specced using a fist and a dagger, seriously this guy is fucking horrible

As several people have mentioned, Emalon is an Ulduar 10 equivalent boss and you should expect it to be harder than most/all of Naxx 10. That being said, you really should be able to do this boss if you can clear Naxx.

While you may be used to be able to do 10 man Naxx with 2 healers, the instances after this are designed for 3 healers (please keep this in mind when you start Ulduar). I've certainly seen people do Emalon with only 2 healers (but these healers usually have 10-25 man Ulduar gear). Your group may need to do this with 3 healers.

Of course, this means you would have 1 fewer dps to get down the enraged adds. Here is where I am going to agree with some other people's comments.

1) Everyone in your raid should be doing 2-2.5k dps. I know people on these forums are always quoting outrageous numbers, but a brand new 80 with a few crafted epics ought to be able to hit 2k. There is no reason that everyone in your raid shouldn't be at or above this point. The most common reasons for people being below this class are
    a) people not enchanting/gemming their gear. This should always be done. It doesn't have to be the very very best epics gems, but empty slots are awful. Remember this means Sons of Hodir and faction rep too (shoulders and head enchants. Also people should be thinking about getting profession bonuses
    b) People not knowing their class. Make sure people are looking into the best spec and rotation.
    If you can bring all your slacking dps up to 2k your group will be doing more damage even with 7 dps then you currently are with 8.

2) Your raid makeup is very far from ideal for two reasons (I know with a small guild you may have less choice, but I would really recommend trying to work on this).
    a) Emalon is not a melee friendly fight. Running out of lightening nova, and having to run between adds and the boss really hurts melee dps. If you can bring more ranged that would help.
    b) You have very little variety in classes. This means fewer buffs, less adaptivity, etc. 4 hunters? both healers are priests? These things will certainly not help. A mage would give your healers more mana, a druid would bring an innervate (and motw), a shaman would bring totems (including perhaps mana tide), etc.

If, however, none of these things seem to be working may I give some hints to help your healers mana:

1) Make sure they are geming/enchanting for mana return.
    2) Make sure your tanks are gearing for avoidance over stamina. This means less damage taken and less healing required.
    3) Make sure your raid is bring flasks and food. Make sure classes that can help with mana return (I believe hunters can give mana back to the raid) are doing so.
    4) Make sure your healers know about the 5 second rule. Make sure they aren't overhealing much. Make sure they know how to cancel cast (start a spell, then cancel it if it turns out the target doesn't need it).

The fact a guild cant do this is worrying... I solo heal it with a solo tank every week with 8 pugged dps :/