Thread: Rate the Tree

Rate the Tree

OK just wanted to get some opinoins on my gear and see if im doing anything wrong or something i can change to make my toon better IE: gems, enchants, spec,ect. In advanced thanks for the help.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krond&n=Kostae

Re: Rate the Tree

dump the spirit gems. You don't need the extra regen, and the SP from spirit is pretty meager. If you want to fill a blue socket bonus then use SP/Spi. For a yellow use Sp/Int. Pure spellpower in red sockets. If the socket bonus isn't very great then use pure spell power gems there as well since it is by far our #1 stat.

Your spec is acceptable as are your glyphs.

As stated above, stick with purple Purified gems for when you want a socket bonus from a blue socket. Never use any gems that aren't either red, purple (blue sockets only) or orange (yellow sockets only). For the neck, shoulders, and possibly the robe you could break the socket bonus and go all-red. I realize that some people find that a bit boring, but the point of the socket colors it to let you make the choice when to follow them and when to break them, not to give you strict rules to follow.

The chest and weapon enchants can be upgraded if you feel you're likely to keep them, or have nothing better to spend your money on, but it's fairly minor upgrades. Similarly, epic gems are obviously preferable to rare ones, and if you're replacing gems anyway you might as well go straight to epic quality. If you feel like spending ~3k gold on one slot, get a crafted Belt of Arctic Life.

Depending on your healing style, you might get more use out of a different idol.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The only bonus you really should care about is a spell power bonus. Spirit and intellect bonuses arent too great since you shouldnt ever have mana issues anyway. This is the same reason you use spell power gems instead of mixed gems.

Spirit gems are absolutely worthless ever since they changed innervate to not be spirit based.