Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    You can't just report a thread because it's about Rift. But, if it's the exact same conversation as another thread already started you can report it.
    tnx for the info, guess i can report most rift threads then since 90% of them is all about rift beating wow with all the same argumentation, would be awesome if a moderator could make a threat where ppl can post about it.
    cant imagen many ppl liking the bashing of their favorite game whenever they go to the biggest wow community site

if it's the same thing as other threads are already discussing, then yes please report it

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

indeed, this is true

You can't just report a thread because it's about Rift
    what if its in the wrong section,because i seem to see alot of posts about other mmos and stuff in the world of warcraft(key word world of warcraft)general discussion

Yes, you're always welcome to report things which are in the wrong section. It's also helpful to us to make a note of that in the reporting reason section.

Is there a system how many infraction points will result in a ban (and for how long that ban is) or is that up to the mods discretion? Also..does it vary from case to case or changed over the years? Just asking, because I received a 7 day ban for a "This" post in 2008 and the most recent for telling somebody off that they kept making "I quit" or "I am am tired of this and that" threads.

Not contesting the decisions ("This" posts are against the rules...I know...and telling people what to do and what not prolly earned me a ban because I was trying to say what is up to the discretion of mods...so I can stomach that) - just curious if this system eventually ends in a "3 bans = 1 permaban .....or such...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Each infraction has a fixed amount of points. There's fixed thresholds causing bans.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Plus, the infractions naturally degrade over time -- the points from most infractions expire after 3 months, and it's back to a clean slate.

It's actually pretty difficult to get a permaban, unless there are some major infractions involved.

While it is easy to tell, what in general is against the forum guidelines, there are far too many posts to report every single one, that might only slightly be against them, but also many, where it is easy to tell that it doesn't belong on the forums.

You can also report a single post, and then in the attached message say something along the lines of "also see posts #X, #Y, #Z" or "also see other posts by this user".

Could we get a feature to report abusive moderation or rate mods that we know are in threads that are not handling trolls correctly? this would help out the site alot.
    Last edited by BloodVengeance; 2011-05-07 at 02:05 PM.

Complaints about moderation should be directed to a super mod or an admin (Sunshine is your best bet).

Quote Originally Posted by BloodVengeance View Post
    Could we get a feature to report abusive moderation or rate mods that we know are in threads that are not handling trolls correctly, this would help out the site alot.
    That feature you want is sending a PM to Sunshine or Boubouille for problems you have with moderation.

This crazy fad that's been going on lately, just quoting threads and writing nothing of value kind of in the same sense as 'QFT'ing, annoys me greatly.

You can report that too....check the forum rules.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Since my search function doesn't work, I'll post it here. Perhaps post in this thread how you can have your thread title changed as you can't do it yourself. Reporting is only for so much to be used .

With a non working search function. Search "how to change thread name", getting "Panadaren VS Dreadlords", "Fun stuff", "Do you want Panadaran in the next expansion", etc anything not related to my search at least ;p. Tried it with " and without, just gives same hits.
    Last edited by Ayarea; 2011-08-27 at 08:15 AM.
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

Just to have it said - the screenshots aint workin.

Fixed the screenshots and link to the Forum Guidelines.

I'm new member here. I just want to suggest putting 1 main thread where you put "Forum rules" and "Q and A thread concerning bout forum rules"
    Last edited by gigogamer; 2012-04-07 at 11:45 AM.

No idea where I should post this but why is religious topics forbidden?