Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: [FAQ/Important] Reporting posts and you

Quote Originally Posted by Corgyll
    This crazy fad that's been going on lately, just quoting threads and writing nothing of value kind of in the same sense as 'QFT'ing, annoys me greatly.
    I rather see someone post "QFT" than the next Facepalm -or- CoolStoryBro! -or- NotThisShitAgain! images...

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    I rather see someone post "QFT" than the next Facepalm -or- CoolStoryBro! -or- NotThisShitAgain! images...
    Those pictures, though 'trollish' in nature, actually says something. Just quoting and saying nothing at all is just a waste of space, it's already been written once!

(By saying that, i don't condone those pictures, but at least they do SOMETHING. But only a smidge more than unnecessary quoting)

Deleted

It's not as bad as the people who just hit quote then post without writing anything

Report them. Images are spam. QFT with nothing else is spam. No text at all is spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    It's not as bad as the people who just hit quote then post without writing anything

Report them. Images are spam. QFT with nothing else is spam. No text at all is spam.
    Is there any point in reporting spam (replies) if a thread is already locked? (and the spammers not banned)

Re: Reporting posts and you

Can i haz cookie two?
    Yes, you use Report to moderator nao! <3 Dinnerbone

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by det
    So unless we get a feedback to our report or there is an automated system that adds "banned" under a name, we won't know.
    [me=Dinnerbone]coughs[/me]

Done.

Your post has been corrupted with evil powers. Your forum guidelines link has gone bad!
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted

Fixed, thanks

15+ Year Old Account

WTB [Brain]

WTS [Fail Posts]

pst...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Just wondering if the moderators find my way of reporting annoying.
    Simply stating troll is plain boring, so I try other stuff.

Like a few days ago the guy with the small penis picture, I reported something along the lines of "You better remove that quickly, before some old woman gets a heart attack." Is that clear enough or should I leave it at "nude picture of guy with small penis"?

15+ Year Old Account

I r samrt , n rly skiled...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Good thing you dont have these powers that you seek. Dets avatar is 8.59KB. Panoramix's is a close 9.55KB. For some reason your showing them as taking up more memory them they are. I don't know why.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles
    Good thing you dont have these powers that you seek. Dets avatar is 8.59KB. Panoramix's is a close 9.55KB. For some reason your showing them as taking up more memory them they are. I don't know why.
    Eh rly? When i pull the to my desktop both avatars are 12kb.

And the sig's dimension was a little over but I already forgot by how much.

As for the "power" thing well I had to face someone that did just that so I'm thinking I'd do a pretty good job of it as well.

Especially since the Murloc mod (Grimlor's the name), said it can't be a single kb over the limit or ZAP =)

The lolreporting is just me being stupid cause I'm still manic over my own Avatar/Sig getting owned.

I just noticed the .gif on Pano's avatar is (9,784bytes) but the size on disk is 12kb so which matters?

That would actually a lot more interesting than my attempt at fail humor.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

It says 9.55kb for me as well, just wondering what you meant by "pull to my desktop".
    Most browsers will just tell you the file size if you right click an image and select properties.

BTW Mr_Bojangles wrote the new sticky about resizing avatars and used mine as an example, so doubt it's violating any rules .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    It says 9.55kb for me as well, just wondering what you meant by "pull to my desktop".
    Most browsers will just tell you the file size if you right click an image and select properties.

BTW Mr_Bojangles wrote the new sticky about resizing avatars and used mine as an example, so doubt it's violating any rules .
    Heh sorry about that was just being a douche but the point was more about how silly the size thing is than actually get your stuff sacked.

I usually drag stuff to my desktop from the browser so I can play around with it and I looked at the properties there but now you mention the right click properties I see the values diverge quite a bit.

Trying to weasel my way out of how obvious of an internet r tard I am but I just never really had to check sizes and dimensions on things before so never learned the proper way to do so.

Thank you.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

When you actually save it to a disk it takes up more space because it needs to record some data about the image, such as date it was created and properties.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles
    When you actually save it to a disk it takes up more space because it needs to record some data about the image, such as date it was created and properties.
    Good to know, so say my avatar is 12kb on disk do I refer to the number in parentheses next to it to know what it will be for a website?
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don't know what OS you are using and what you are referring to =( For me it looks like

The highlighted size is the size it will show up online. There are 1024 bytes to a KB, thats why it says 392KB and over 400k bytes. The size on disk refers to the total space given to the file so that it can have those dates you see below, as well as other things. I use windows 7

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the reply and illustrated explanation on top if it, very cool of you, except maybe windows 7, not so cool =P.

I'm a Mac user that might explain a lot of thing...

You confirmed what I suspected, about to be back with a vengeance, watch me.

*Voila! Now I'm happy again =)
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    "You better remove that quickly, before some old woman gets a heart attack."
    Personally, I like these. But remember that I am only the Moderator of both General Forums, all others might disagree with me

The only thing I personally dislike in a report is when people don't say why they reported it. Not filling in the comment etc. Its annoying to have a list of ~20 reports and that I need to decide what has priority. Of course, no comment = no priority to me.
    Dawwwwwww