Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Question: I find that a huuuge number of threads (almost all) have people that says stupid offensive things. Should I report every single thread, following the "one report per thread" thumbrule? I mean I would be happier to see more banned pictures in threads due to the amount of people acting stupid.

I read through the guidelines but it isn't clear to me. So I'm sorry if I'm posting this question if it should be obvious.

I mean I would be a terrible moderator as I would hit the ban button so many times to the point that it would be on flames forever ^_^

EDIT: Had to correct some spelling. Can't spell when I'm tired but get pissed when I see my posts with incorrect spelling :P

EDIT: after some further reading I may have found an answer.. still if you need me to stop sending in reports tell me XD
    Last edited by mmoc415f2eb7bf; 2010-08-09 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two questions: Is it possible to report a whole thread?

For instance, a thread gets derailed, and I just want to get a mod to lock it. How would I go about that?

Second, I've seen some people with 4chan in their sigs. It isn't advertisment in that it promotes a product or service, but I just feel I should report it for the sake of saving someone from finding that God-forsaked cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Two questions: Is it possible to report a whole thread?

For instance, a thread gets derailed, and I just want to get a mod to lock it. How would I go about that?
    Report the first post and make a clear comment.

Second, I've seen some people with (Ewww) in their sigs. It isn't advertisment in that it promotes a product or service, but I just feel I should report it for the sake of saving someone from finding that God-forsaken cesspool.
    Dinnerbone edited that site out of a post of mine once, so yeah I'm pretty sure they want you to report it to keep the scum away from proper human beings (absolutely no offence intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    im now unsure if its ok to troll and insult people like this on mmochamp
    Dinnerbone will find you and kill you if you do. (Seriously he scares me.)

But yeah it can be a number of things:
    A) They haven't gotten around to banning him yet.
    B) They're still deciding on proper punishment.
    C) They gave a warning because it might have been the fist time he acted like a drunk sailor on drugs.
    D) Something extremely obvious I missed.

If the offensive post remains, just report it again after a day or so. (once every 24 hours sounds like a good rule to me.) But other than that let the mods do their jobs, they'll probably have guidelines on the actions they're allowed to take.
    Last edited by Panoramixe; 2010-08-19 at 01:10 PM.

the insults keep comming and they have reached a very harsh level that made me consider calling my lawyer over this incident. Also by not taking any actions the site gives the statement of allowing such behavior and is therefore also responsible for the actions.

Thats why i ask for an overview of my reports to see if they are processed or not , i assume this site does not support such behaviour and my report has not yet been seen by anyone.
    If it's a PM they can take a lot of time to get to because only admins can check them.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you're considering calling your lawyer over something said in this forum, you might be a bit oversensitive to the people in the forum. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of jerks and I wish for stronger enforcement of the rules as well, but sometimes you need to take a step back and remember it's a forum. Report the people being idiots, then ignore them.

its a public post and im not the only person getting attacked. The thread itself aside , Insulting someone is against the law and should not be ignored. Just because people ignore it so often the wide crowd assumes its ok , but it is not and it can lead to hard punishments.
    Yea, I figured that's what got you going. You know mods have to sleep. There may not be any mod on right now, or there may be a backlog of reports. For the record, naming and shaming is very frowned upon here. You need to be patient. Reports can take a day (or more if unlucky) to get to. Rest assured that the mods do not ignore reports, and do not take insulting lightly.

Insulting someone isn't against the law as far as I know, certainly not on the internet. As for that comment. Yes it should be moderated and probably will, but it's certainly not overly offensive in my eyes. The internet is a foul place and you need tough skin.

Deleted
    Please don't start using "this post breaks the law". We had enough of this a while back. It doesn't work that way.

To request the thread be moved, locked or deleted (If you're the author).

Muhaha, I just get you to deal with it, Dinnerbone!

Deleted
    And I'll slap you and tell you to report it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are there consequenses for the reporter if he reported the same post multiple times in the following minutes? (Yes, I know you have to wait 60 seconds.)

Deleted
    If we wake up to find the first page of our inbox is full of reports from the same person all exactly a minute after eachother, we may give you a warning or an infraction for abusing the report system. As I said in my first post, it's unlikely you will need to report so many when you can just as easily say "plus posts by SomeTroll and AFlamer in same thread".

But this isn't so likely to happen lately. I don't think we've even said "please don't do this" to anyone for spamming reports in almost half a year now.

Edit: I misread. You mean reporting the same post multiple times? Why would you do this? If you keep spamming the same post, yes you may be likely to receive an infraction. It serves no purpose and is just spam.

And please tell me about it before you start to spamreport, I'd rather not have a post next to yours, as I'd prefer to stay out of Dinnerbone's cleave (a)

I know it sounds basic but what if we noticed a topic is in the wrong forum and we would want to move it to the correct one instead of locking?
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

15+ Year Old Account
    Just report it with that as a message

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've reported a PM to admin, will you be notified if and when any action is taken?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, we don't notify of specific actions taken. We do evaluate each report, though; don't worry.

Deleted
    can you report the rift posts? they are really getting annoying, it would be kk for a few posts of them but not hundreds of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmx View Post
    can you report the rift posts? they are really getting annoying, it would be kk for a few posts of them but not hundreds of them.
    You can't just report a thread because it's about Rift. But, if it's the exact same conversation as another thread already started you can report it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    You can't just report a thread because it's about Rift. But, if it's the exact same conversation as another thread already started you can report it.
    tnx for the info, guess i can report most rift threads then since 90% of them is all about rift beating wow with all the same argumentation, would be awesome if a moderator could make a threat where ppl can post about it.
    cant imagen many ppl liking the bashing of their favorite game whenever they go to the biggest wow community site

15+ Year Old Account
    if it's the same thing as other threads are already discussing, then yes please report it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right