New gaming laptop, help needed.

Hello I'm thinking of buying a new laptop mostly for games-movies, entertaining reasons :. I don't really know a lot of things about laptops but i'm between Qosmio X305-Q708 and Alienware M17x.
    I really don't know much so please help me, I'm also thinking of customizing them for even better results. The price i can afford would be between 3.500-4.500 euro. Thanks .

Re: New gaming laptop, help needed.

"Gaming" and "Laptop" don't mix.

Alienware is a ripoff.

Qosmio is probably even worse.

But lucky you, WoW has very low requirements.

Barebones + newegg is the way to go?

I know a laptopt can't match the capabilities of a desktop but , damn i want a laptop :P ...

Alienware = Dell, I don't know if you have any bad feelings towards Dell, but if you do stay away from alienware.

I don't know much about the Qosmio, other than it is made by Toshiba (and when I think gaming computer, Toshiba doesn't even remotely pop into my mind).

IMO, if you want a good gaming laptop, go with a small company that is specialized in gaming computers, such as Vigor, Falcon Northwest, or Velocity Micro. For me, a smaller more specialized company would know what they are doing, however, you may end up paying a bit more.
    Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus isn't a raptor

There are 2 nice 17" ones from gateway with some nice specs that you can get for about $900-$1100

The p series 7807u FX core 2 duo p8600 2.4ghz 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz Bus speed 4gb ddr3 320gb 7200 rpm hdd 9800m gts 1gb
    The p series 7805u FX core 2 duo p8400 2.26ghz 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz Bus speed 4gb ddr3 320gb 7200 rpm hdd 9800m gts 1gb

the only thing is that the screen resolution on the lcd they have is 1440x900
    though the clevo's are nice if u have more money to spend.

I personally have a 7805u and i added a second 320gb hdd and put them in raid 0. The cpu of these can also be upgraded to higher ghz dual cores (not sure about quad) and i haven't seen that much difference between the 9800m gts and the 260m gtx in terms of benchmarks though the 260m gtx is ahead slightly.

I can spend from 3.500 to 4.500 euro on my laptop, i think it's far enough. I don't want the laptop just for wow but for other games too. I want to to go smooth with games in highest resolution without struggling and stacking.. :P

I was thinking of getting an alienware desktop but reading here, are they really that overpriced?

If so, what are some suggestions for a gaming desktop (not just for wow) at around the US$2700-$3000 mark. Or would I need to spend more to get anything half decent?

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmmm nobody thinks thats kinda Expensive for a laptop!!!

Make ur own pc

Get in my Belly!

So i checked Clevo D900f and Vigor Atlantis. Im between Alienware M17x, Clevo D900f and Vigor Atlantis. What do you say is best give reason too(don't really care about looks)? Price won't be a problem i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellhnaras
    3.500-4.500 euro.
    4,500 euro for a laptop? Are you rich or something? ^^