Poll: What boot enchant should I take?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: [Holy] What boot enchant to take?

Why run speed?

Simple. The more quickly you get to where you need to be, the more quickly you can cast that heal spell.

I'm sure people can manage without it, but it's not like you cannot manage without 7mp5 or 12 crit.

For those who elect to spec into ret, PoJ should be a no brainer. For those of us who spec into protection, there is only one place we can upgrade our movement rate and that's with tuskarr's.

I can get 7mp5 or 12 crit lots of places. I can't get run speed lots of places.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Crit and Hit works for PVP and PVE if you use the same boots.
    Tuskars for strict PVP use.

The MP5/HP5 is just useless.
    Your completely wrong, Tuskarr is STILL the best and Minor speed gives you more than hit/crit does..your probably one of those guys who's still dying from fire. and trying to tell others how to play
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squaree
    Your completely wrong, Tuskarr is STILL the best and Minor speed gives you more than hit/crit does..your probably one of those guys who's still dying from fire. and trying to tell others how to play
    No i spec into PoJ and get the extra hit/crit from an enchant if i need to run faster. More Crit = more healing in any scenario.

Stop being an arrogant ass.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Enchant spirit. Enough said.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Squaree
    Minor speed is NOT useless in any way, infact. Now-adays most fights requires moving, almost all the time!
    7% runspeed is alot and will save your raid more times than having 12 crit or 7 mana per five more. Moving to the "safe zone" 7% faster will even that actually give more healing output than the 12 crit or 7 mp5.
    7% runspeed is useless when you are walking to a safe zone. Normally, safe zones are 2~5 yards away, and the speed bonus is only helpful when you have to walk long distances.

Ulduar fights that you must move:
    Razor - 5 yards max (fires)
    XT - 15 yards max (gravity) - might be useful here.
    Council - 5 yards (death runes)
    Hodir - 10 yards (flash frezees)
    Freya - 5 yards (bombs)
    Thorim - 5 yards (Lighting, blizzards, frost novas)
    Mimiron - 5 yards (fires) - Can be useful against unlucky Barrages, though.
    Vexax - No moviment at all
    Yog - Very slow moviment at phase one, can be useful at phase 2, useless at phase 3

I won't even talk about ToC, since it's a only a bad joke from blizzard.

So, in most of fights, I would still keep mp5/crit enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    7% runspeed is useless when you are walking to a safe zone. Normally, safe zones are 2~5 yards away, and the speed bonus is only helpful when you have to walk long distances.

Razor - 5 yards max (fires)
    XT - 15 yards max (gravity) - might be useful here.
    Council - 5 yards (death runes)
    Hodir - 10 yards (flash frezees)
    Freya - 5 yards (bombs)
    Thorim - 5 yards (Lighting, blizzards, frost novas)
    Mimiron - 5 yards (fires) - Can be useful against unlucky Barrages, though.
    Vexax - No moviment at all
    Yog - Very slow moviment at phase one, can be useful at phase 2, useless at phase 3

I won't even talk about ToC, since it's a only a bad joke from blizzard.

So, in most of fights, I would still keep mp5/crit enchant.
    This. It's not like moving 7% faster is going to make any difference when you have to move 2 yards out of a fire.

Uhm. Your Thorium, Mimron and Freya ones especially made me chuckle. 5 yards. Really? Have you even done these fights?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Uhm. Your Thorium, Mimron and Freya ones especially made me chuckle. 5 yards. Really? Have you even done these fights?
    All in 10-man, never tried mimiron nor freya at 25 (hards, I mean), though. Moviment and Runspeed aren't very diferent, anyway. It's all about how do you move, not how fast you move.

Thorim: Healers should be near blind/safe spots. Walk 5 yards and you are safe.

Mimiron: Fires are 5 yards. Aoe explosion and mines are melee range. Laser Barrage gives you enough time to avoid without having to run alot.

Freya: Mushrooms are pretty easy, if there isn't any aroud you, auramastery will save you, not run speed. Lights are 5 yards, aoe dmg can be avoided walking small distances also (Elder explosion debuff and fire explosions)

I can't see 7% runspeed being really usefull in any of this encounters. You surely need to react fast, but I find myself having more healing problems than runspeed ones. ;p

You can argue that minor runspeed isn't necessary in most situations but there are some where it is definetely useful.
    You can also say that 7 mp5 or 12 crit rating only gives you 1 extra Flash Heal on an extremely long fight, which will be useful in only a few fights as well.
    Just in case I'd get a second pair of boots and enchant them with tuskar's and use them on encounters where movement matters (and the little Survivability bonus from 15 stamina).

And about Mimiron: after P3 you're permanently on the move unless you're lucky with fires.
    Freya HM: 10 mans can't be compared to 25 man here, which means if you get hit by 2 aoe abilities you're toast -> moving out of the shit and repositioning when the Conservator is up are extremely important (Nature's Fury is devastating if it ticks too often).

Nitro Boost :P

All in 10-man, never tried mimiron nor freya at 25 (hards, I mean), though.
    That explains a bit then. Let me tell you that your estimates are way off for 25-man and HM content.

Thorim: Healers should be near blind/safe spots. Walk 5 yards and you are safe.
    If you're a tunnel healer, you're pretty much on the move for the entire first 1/3 of the fight. And I dunno how you do P2, but we have ranged split into 5-6 groups of three in a circle around the boss with healers spread throughout the groups. Whenever there's a lightning fan directed your way, you have to run 10-20 yards to get out of it and then 10-20 to get back. Stacking all your healers in one place (safe from the lightning fans or not) seems like a good way to have them all die to Chain Lightning.

Mimiron: Fires are 5 yards. Aoe explosion and mines are melee range. Laser Barrage gives you enough time to avoid without having to run alot.
    In 25-man, you will spend almost as much time running as not during P4. Hell, there's a good chance you'll spend more time moving than casting. Unlike in 10-man, the room is almost constantly completely engulfed in fires. The only time there's any safe zone is briefly after each Frost Bomb. Mines and Shock Blast are very much a ranged concern in P4 as well when the tank is trying to kite the boss to whatever open areas he can find.

As a tank healer, it is also often my job to heal the guy running all around the room picking up adds in P3 too.

Mimron 25-man is the posterchild for how good runspeed can be.

Freya: Mushrooms are pretty easy, if there isn't any aroud you, auramastery will save you, not run speed. Lights are 5 yards, aoe dmg can be avoided walking small distances also (Elder explosion debuff and fire explosions)
    In 10 man, you can eat a few mines at the end of the fight and be fine. In 25 man HM, this is not an option. The run speed comes in very handy as you're kiting Freya up and down alongside the river, and I promise you that you have to move much further than 5 yards to get away from just your own explosion and much more to avoid the explosions thrown at all the people around you.

I can't see 7% runspeed being really usefull in any of this encounters. You surely need to react fast, but I find myself having more healing problems than runspeed ones. ;p
    If all you're doing is the easy mode 10-man content, then sure... I guess you won't notice your runspeed or get much from it. But in hard and 25-man content, there is a big difference.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Exactly how far are you people moving that you feel 7% is gonna make a huge difference? Say what you want about how much running you have to do. Majority of the time you have to run for a certain amount of time and not a specific distance. Therefore, getting from point A to point B is irrelevant since you have to keep moving anyway.

And 7mp5 > 12 crit. Greater Vitality is the answer.

I can't think of any fight where you have to run for a certain amount of time and not a set distance. Are you suggesting there is some fight where running around in a tight circle is just as effective as running from point A to point B?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Wen u have PoJ then 7mp/hp5 wen u dont have it go Tuskarr.
    12 crit is useless now. because 0.2614% crit is less then 1 mp5 of Illumination and 7HP5 is useless:P

Didn't someone somewhere once run some numbers on run speed that showed that it is effectively the same thing as haste?

In other words, if it takes you X% less time to run to where you need to be to cast that spell because you can move 7% more quickly, it is therefore worth some percentage of haste because someone without that run speed, doing everything else the same, would get to that spot more slowly, thus delaying the cast of that spell by that amount of time.

Can't find anything on it, if anyone else can I would appreciate a link.

That explains a bit then. Let me tell you that your estimates are way off for 25-man and HM content.

If you're a tunnel healer, you're pretty much on the move for the entire first 1/3 of the fight. And I dunno how you do P2, but we have ranged split into 5-6 groups of three in a circle around the boss with healers spread throughout the groups. Whenever there's a lightning fan directed your way, you have to run 10-20 yards to get out of it and then 10-20 to get back. Stacking all your healers in one place (safe from the lightning fans or not) seems like a good way to have them all die to Chain Lightning.

In 25-man, you will spend almost as much time running as not during P4. Hell, there's a good chance you'll spend more time moving than casting. Unlike in 10-man, the room is almost constantly completely engulfed in fires. The only time there's any safe zone is briefly after each Frost Bomb. Mines and Shock Blast are very much a ranged concern in P4 as well when the tank is trying to kite the boss to whatever open areas he can find.

As a tank healer, it is also often my job to heal the guy running all around the room picking up adds in P3 too.

Mimron 25-man is the posterchild for how good runspeed can be.

In 10 man, you can eat a few mines at the end of the fight and be fine. In 25 man HM, this is not an option. The run speed comes in very handy as you're kiting Freya up and down alongside the river, and I promise you that you have to move much further than 5 yards to get away from just your own explosion and much more to avoid the explosions thrown at all the people around you.

If all you're doing is the easy mode 10-man content, then sure... I guess you won't notice your runspeed or get much from it. But in hard and 25-man content, there is a big difference.
    There are two safe spots, as far as I know. Never had problems with range standing in any of on them. I didn't kill the boss, though. I belive your strat works, I just still think that mana regen > runspeed.

At Freya, if you reach the bomb phase with waves under controll, I belive that the battle is won. Never got hit by a bomb, so, in this fight, I must disagree.

At Mimiron, I must regonize that runspeed might be better than mana regen. There are huge downtimes that allow a paladin regen lots of mana, and the fight, for a healer, is almost about moviment. How you move is more important than how fast can you walk, but, if you say 7% really helped you, it's probably true.

There are two safe spots, as far as I know. Never had problems with range standing in any of on them.
    This is because you're talking 10 man still. Two healers standing in one spot is fine on 10 man. Six healers standing on one spot is instant death on 25.

We're talking about two different things here and I agree with you that on 10 mans and normal modes, the movement bonus won't do too much. However, 25 mans are a very different beast.

7% may not seem like much to you but I prefer PoJ anyhow. And 18% is a marked difference in these high mobility fights.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Deleted

On ANY fight run speed is worth it, running out of the groups on hard mode XT = less dmg, avoiding pewpew kologarn eyes faster = less dmg, hodir to run to snow mounds. And on Lord Jaraxx everything is better if u have run speed.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    Well basicly, yesterday I got my new ulduar BiS boots (guild doesn't let me craft the shaman boots)
    Doesn't let you craft the Shaman boots, or isn't giving you materials to have them crafted? BIG difference.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

This is because you're talking 10 man still. Two healers standing in one spot is fine on 10 man. Six healers standing on one spot is instant death on 25.

We're talking about two different things here and I agree with you that on 10 mans and normal modes, the movement bonus won't do too much. However, 25 mans are a very different beast.

7% may not seem like much to you but I prefer PoJ anyhow. And 18% is a marked difference in these high mobility fights.
    Indeed, PoJ does make a diference. I was one of the paladin who got flamed because I choosed 2/2 PoJ, not 2/5 Divinity. But there is a huge diference between 7% and PoJ.

And I didn't say that healers should stack at blind spots. Just stand close enough, like 10 yards. The only one that stands inside is the spriest ;\