Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Enhance DPS assistance

I'll try to make this brief. I pretty decently geared atm. On RAWR, my dps score is about ~6600, total is ~6800. I should have all of my epic gems in place by the weekend, too, fyi.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...len&n=Simokahn

When looking at dps meters (recount) on ulduar raids, TOC, whatever, I'm usually around 4K depending on the fight. However, I often see other enhance shaman, sometimes in the same raid, that will do 5500-6500 dps consistantly. After reading many posts here and on the EJ forums, I can honestly stay I have no idea what could make that big of a difference for me. Comparatively, my gear is equal or better. So, I've concluded that I must be doing something incorrect, but I'm not sure what that could be. I use the appropriate addons that help, specificaly with MW, and use the priority system as shown on these forums. The only thing I could possibly think could be making this difference is the swapping of targets when my current target dies. Often, my toon will stand idle upon switching for a second or two even if I cast LB or ES. I have to use SS, LL or right click the target to begin attacking again. For some reason, my DK doesn't have that issue. If I switch target and cast something, she immediately begins attacking. And, yes, I've checked my settings on both toons and I believe they are identical.

Any help would be appreciated. I know I'm geared well enough to be pushing 5.5K on every fight, but the numbers just don't show up. Also, I have a good connection, too, so I've ruled that out.

Suggestions?

. . . Frustrated . . .

Re: Enhance DPS assistance

you don't need that much expertise.
    don't gem for aglility. ever.
    no socket on your belt.
    there are better enchants for cloak, chest and gloves.
    you're not a druid: berserking is THE way to go on BOTH your weapons.
    think about /startattack macros.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Take another look at your Glyphs, too. Glyphs of Stormstrike and Feral Spirit are much stronger choices than Flametongue and Lightning Bolt.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

As much as i appreciate your attempt at help, I think you missed my main question. Though your suggestions are valid, they aren't a 1500 dps difference. I'm not asking for gear help. I'm adjusting my gear, enchants and gems currently to bring those minor differences to norm, but altogether those changes will only account for a minor increase in dps.

I guess I'm asking for technique tips or "best practices" that I may be overlooking. My gut says I'm overlooking something simple to be lacking that much dps. /shrug

Thanks, Parietis, I thought I had added SS glyph already.

u keeping ur magma up or letting it fall off a lot, even 5 sec downtime on magma is 2000-3000dmg

Risfuro, that's a valid point. I've have had difficultly setting up my timer on my magma totem and at times I'm sure that it lapses for quite a while, especially the later the evening gets. I guess i need to investigate how to better utilize an addon for the magma.

i wasnt going to post.. but then i saw your post and yoru spec.. and decided to help you out..

First .. Get rid of the expertise trinket and get one of the hit ones..
    Second your spec is nerfing you.. Call of flame should be 3/3 ak should be 2/5
    drop elemental focus. get imp shields. You will gain more dps this way. also 2points in reverb is rated to be worth more than 2 points in imp SS. However I use imp SS since i do 10 mans after 25 mans, and the dps difference is marginal at best. Also your haste is wayyyy to low. I would replace your great ring with a haste crit ap ring. Your goal is about 500 haste. Expertise should be at 6.5% but having 6.25% doesnt produce much difference. Replace your mh enchant with berserking.

Also if you have high latency might look at a site called www.smartping.com . It reduced my latency from 300 to 102. Works wonders and is free.

You asked what to fix, I am covering everything. Speaking as an enh shammy who hasnt been outdamaged in any consistency by ANY enh shammy on my server and I try to raid with them all in pugs whenever I aint saved on my main.

At the end of a full Uld 25 man run i will have over 6k to 7k dps depending on fights and rng for the night. On Hodir i push from 11k to 13k as enh. Once you start making ALL these changes it will add up. Kid yourself not you have ALOT of changes to make. If you want further help or maybe we can sit down and talk about your rotation. Contact me on Uther at Tankshock.
    But I think your biggest problem with your dps is your gear selection, I dont know if you dont have other stuff drop, but you are just making bad choices for stats is all.

Just out of curiosity could someone please post an armory or wws on enhance shammy doing 5.5-6.5k damage as I have never seen it and I am very interested to look at it. I am levelling an alt shammy as my second toon that's been sitting at level 70 for a while and I would like to do some research before i start to get to 80 and look at raiding

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bealj001
    Just out of curiosity could someone please post an armory or wws on enhance shammy doing 5.5-6.5k damage as I have never seen it and I am very interested to look at it. I am levelling an alt shammy as my second toon that's been sitting at level 70 for a while and I would like to do some research before i start to get to 80 and look at raiding
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tland&n=Reconn

Deleted

Great surgestions from most already. Also remeber that the dps rawr says you should be doing is in the perfect scenario, no moving, etc. you are going to be very lucky to do that much dps :P

Just get Hit Capped, Learn the Priority System, and you should do much better. ;D (Edit Nvm you have Alli racials unlike me :'()

macro one of your attacks to say

/startattack
    /cast Storm Strike

also, posting WMO/WWS/etc makes it a lot easier to help.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

90% of shamans with bad dps are slow at shooting off msw at 5 stacks, at least the ones that I've met. Make sure that 5 stacks is instantly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankshock
    Also if you have high latency might look at a site called www.smartping.com . It reduced my latency from 300 to 102. Works wonders and is free.
    internet site not found?

sorry sorry.. mean www.smoothping.com
    not sure why i always think it is smart lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bealj001

Thanks.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Lothar&n=Deeya

There's my armory. My gems are a bit of a mess right now. Other than that I push 6.5K no prob on most bosses, Hodir I'm hitting around 12k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankshock

Disconnects every 20 Minutes.. unless you pay.. hardly free -.-