Poll: what do you want / think pre cataclysm world event will be like

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

pre cataclysm world event

what do you think pre cataclysm world event will be like ?
    discuss

Re: pre cataclysm world event

What a stupid poll.

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias
    I have this big feeling..us the players are going to have to collect materials to try and protect cities and places as much as we can before it hits...
    lol i smell the AQ war effort all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias
    I have this big feeling..us the players are going to have to collect materials to try and protect cities and places as much as we can before it hits...
    I was thinking the same exact thing actually. Sort of like the opening of AQ

we all turn in black dragons and when we hit other players they turn into black dragons.

like the wotlk event, not with ghouls now, now with black dragons!

Deleted

has to be epic.. maybe 2,3 weeks or even a month

would be great if it would begin like the WotLK-Event, starting slowly and then after a certain period the whole thing gets outta control

There might even be Red Snapper collecting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicRage
    YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER
    /agreed!
    ofc this will happen. But - the face of Azeroth is changing - Ground shattering earthquakes etc. so if its possible maybe they will add a few earthquakes every now an then. couple of npc's screaming. i think elementals will show up where they arent normally cos i think i read something about deathwing an elements blah blah. maybe the event will depend on the area but that would possibly cause to much lag.
    Mat gathering quests i think is a massive possiblity - pre event wotlk = vanilla naxx pre event, Cataclysm = opening of AQ pre event/quests ????

Leeroy returns from the dead? ;D . He now serves Deathwing and wants to wipe all grps that makes ToC

Deathwing comes and attacks Dalaran. It moves back to original place.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

I would like something like rifts breaking open in the ground, including in major cities, and elementals coming out and attacking everyone.

I think we gotta do something like the AQ opening and elementals pop up here and there on Azeroth.
    And after like 5/7days of collecting materials elementals attack major city's like Stormwind and Orgrimmar or something like the previous WotLK opening.
    Get marks from normal mobs and like 2% chance on a epix from 4/4 set and some "bosses" wich drop 5marks and a epix 100%.

Ofc we gonna get free epix, we did in wotlk why not now? Oo (not that I need them, but you know Blizz >.<)

Whatever it is I am going to guess it will involve massive lag and random disconnects.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Maybe it would involve deathwing breaking out of the ground and starting to destroy the world
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

They said in Blizzcon that Deathwing's return to the mortal plane would take us completely by surprise, so I think it would be more of a solemn start that would end up being something much more epic. Most likely, Malfurion Stormrage will sense an unbalance or corruption among the elementals in the emerald dream. This could provoke him into awaking into the mortal realm to possibly save us. I imagine, Wyrnn and other characters like Garrosh won't take him seriously. Only Tyrande, Thrall, Cairne, and possibly Velen will actually listen to Malfurion and request soldiers of the alliance and the horde to help the cause. At first it might be cleansing areas and you know, other druid like things. Maybe collecting the dark iron for the gates of Orgrimmar and other things for those who believe Malfurion's warning. Otherwise, I don't think there will be much UNLESS they have Deathwing pop into the scene even before the expansion. Because, all this destruction, return of the nagas, entering of the elementals, ALL of this basically happens instantaneously as Deathwing breaks through into the mortal plane. IF that is the case, for sure, Stormwind would begin to flood and be overrun by naga, the shore of Orgrimmar would be hit by the naga forces aswell, Alexstrasa would probobly be chillin' somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms, the Deeprun tram would be destroyed, and both major cities it once connected would be hit by upset elementals. During this all I imagine Malfurion would approach Thrall(a scene the horde could probobly observe ever few hours for a day or so) and tell him that he is needed to bring the world back to a state of order deal, in which Thrall leaves Garrosh with orgrimmar. Now Garrosh will start sending horde forces all over, like Ashenvale, Southshore, and probobly the weakened Stormwind. More than likely, they will would want this to play out like this so that the Alliance will get so distracted by Horde, Naga, and Elementals invading Stormwind that it would sense for the to let the other zones be conquered. I imagine someone like, I don't know lets make it Jaina, would begin to discuss with the newly emerged Worgen from Gilneas in a bubble created by Dalaran mages, so that the worgen are not killed. They'll set up some story, but not much will go on with that. The elementals and Malfurion's(and eventually Thrall's), maybe even Alexstrasa's quests will give you some kind of shards, as would elementals when killed, which you could use to buy limited time items much like in the pre-Wrath event. There might be water elementals attacking with the naga. I doubt we'll see much of the fire, and maybe we'll see Twilight Cultist influence in areas like Wetlands and Blasted Lands/Searing Gorge. Maybe Van Cleef will finally use that giant cave door of his and raid Booty Bay or something. I don't know alot about Skywall and exactly where its located, so I can't really say what I think would happen to them....but yeah. Oh, maybe some PvP rewards in areas like Stormwind and Southshore aswell. But, that's pretty much how I imagine a world event before Cataclysm to play out.