Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: 08/27 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    This is where arena fails. It serves its purpose by cockblocking gear to a certain percentage of players.
    Good. At least there's one aspect of this game where BiS gear isn't handed out like candy.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Sucks about the race change I wanted to make my main worgen. Its not so much that I dont wanna level another toon as I want my MAIN to be the worgen not some other class I dont like as much.

Deleted

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    8/27/2009
    • One thing to keep in mind is that not everybody will be purchasing Cataclysm on day zero
    Yea.....right!

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    I really wish you would stop auto-loading streaming on this site. The moment you arrive you're asked to install a plugin you know nothing about and then the page hangs while it tries to load the streaming content. What ever happened to links?
    I know it sucks, but here's a quick workaround, if you have GreaseMonkey and a script that's used on every page, like Linkify:
    Code:
    if(t=document.getElementById("gametime")) t.parentNode.removeChild(t)
    if(t=document.getElementById("octopv_stuffDiv")) t.parentNode.removeChild(t)
    In the case of the Linkify script, add these lines after
    Code:
    (function(){ try {
    (since that stream stuff is added through a script, it needs to be executed after the page is loaded)

The stream may appear shortly, but are removed when the page finishes loading. The second line removes the overlay "Do you want to install this annoying plugin?" that may have come up already. (Try it without that second line, it gets even worse...)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Actually I'm pretty sure the fix to Wintergrasp was because of this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IREpb5rNg

Evidence? Look at the statistics and data. Particularly "inspector.corp.blizzard.net".

Also this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...10065431&sid=1

Lame. So much for being helpful and creating a dozen Sieges for everyone >.<

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Good. At least there's one aspect of this game where BiS gear isn't handed out like candy.
    When character progression stops, people quit. People care about their own characters, not your epeen.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagwar-VenCo
    Actually I'm pretty sure the fix to Wintergrasp was because of this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IREpb5rNg

Evidence? Look at the statistics and data. Particularly "inspector.corp.blizzard.net".

Also this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...10065431&sid=1
    I seriously doubt it, since my post was on the 23rd and my minions took to sabotaging every alliance game thereafter leading to a large amount of tickets for the GM's to sort through

The fix came on the 27th, while your videos were made back in early August. Also on your video you yourself claim that the rank exploit was fixed back before the 18th.

But hey whatever bro, I'm used to people trying to get a little bit of e-fame by swinging off my balls. Enjoy!

Your Hero,

Vir

8)

Quote Originally Posted by zbishop
    90% of all statistics are made up off the top of the head i heard
    Stupidly pointless comment, and the thing is you pulled it from somewhere else. If I'm wrong then prove I'm wrong. Show me where more than 1.1 million people even bother with arena. Its not a made up statistic. Its generally accepted, and even Blizzard has said that much fewer players are doing arena in WoTLK than that did in TBC and less than 1/3 actually bothered with them in TBC. Just because you are having fun with arenas (assuming you are), don't assume everyone else is.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbenders
    I have Firefox with an ad blocker. The damn MLG thing still auto-runs.

I know you can block these Flash ads using yet another Firefox add-on, but it would be great if people would think about how something like this damages their credibility and reduces the quality of their user experience before they put it up in the first place. This isn't the only place for WoW news, and if this keeps happening, I'm not going to get Flash-blocker, I'm just going to switch to using another site.

Please cut it out!

-SB
    You should be running flash blocker anyways. You see, the problem with flash it that it is INCREDIBLY not secure, and you basically have two choices to counteract that. You can either use flash blocker to keep things from popping up that you don't want to or uninstall your flash plug in. However, lets be honest, the internet is the number one source for adult content, and that content requires flash, so most people don't uninstall their plug in.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage[B
    ]
    Oh wait, sorry, you're gonna have to lvl 1 - 80 all over again if you wanna play it anytime soon. Blizzards gotta pay the bills somehow. And just to entice you they've added flying to Azeroth, something they said they'd never do, but wait, no one would reroll if levelling was as hard as it used to be. Suddenly adding flying to Azeroth isn't so difficult once they factor in a couple of million people rerolling new races and grinding them up. Might be worth doing hey.
    Personally, I don't think I would change my race/class combination that I have had all through TBC and all through WotLK. It just doesn't feel right to play anything other than my night elf druid. However, you might be in a minority if you are one of the people that doesn't want to level a new class just to see the new content. I'm personally looking very forward to checking out the new content although I will probably end up still playing my druid at 85. I've leveled so many alts in this game its not even funny, and it will be nice to see all the new changes. Besides, LEVELING IN WOW IS NOT HARD. I can get from 1-20 in about 10 hours. I can get from 20-80 in about 4 days played. Its not exactly rocket science, and if you switch around a lot (try different zones) its not even all that grindy. Its not like they ask you to hit a target dummy or use a skill 2,000,000 times while logged in the whole time because god forbid the process be automated (yes I'm talking about you UO and god how the games have improved since you).

And balance druids are fine, some guy over at blizzard levelled one up once some time ago, no need to worry. And honestly guys, those weapons you get from heroics are pro, you don't need good weapons to pvp, whats all the fuss about.
    God, you must be sarcastic here. See, the problem isn't that balance druids can't level its that the lower levels completely favor melee specced characters. It takes much less time to level in cat than in kin and that cat gets gear specifically designed for that spec/class as well as rogues, and that boomkin gets to steal all that cloth gear while the clothies bitch about it. To make things even worse, crafted leather and quested leather are ridiculous. The good pieces require someone to farm for a month (exaggeration) to get the recipe to drop.

What they need to do is make all old world, TBC and WotLK recipes trainable after Cataclysm comes out. They also need to work on a badge system for lower levels and they need to make items RNG but also have the same items be purchasable with badges. So, you can grind through an instance 50 times looking for a piece of loot or you can grind through one 25 times and buy that piece of loot with badges if it hasn't dropped yet.

You are kidding yourself if you think a rogue with duel relentless daggers isn't 100% more powerful than one with rare/epic (of the crap daggers) that drop in heroics. Of course, in WG and even battlegrounds this makes little difference. In arena, however, this is part of the flawed system that doesn't allow new teams in after the first season because the learning curve is way to high and for them to actually make a decent gear matching system in arenas the queues would take at least a week.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    You have to be kidding me if you think Uludar hard mode and Trial of the Grand Crusader are like candy. Its nice you are that incredibly powerful and so is your guild that you have Uludar hard modes and Alagon on farm and will have TOC on farm and will have no problems with heroic TOGC. Good for you. That is great.

Assuming you are not one of those people and one of those guilds (like the vast majority of the players this game are not either) then stop talking out of your arse.

Would not be better the siege get destroyed if the driver jump off it?

AAAAW CUTE
    Celestal (90 Prot/Holy Paladin) , Reshka (90 Unholy/Blood DK), Rotting (90 Disc/Holy Priest), Kumshawt (85 Survivalhunter)

Quote Originally Posted by YourHeroVir
    I seriously doubt it, since my post was on the 23rd and my minions took to sabotaging every alliance game thereafter leading to a large amount of tickets for the GM's to sort through
    What post? After my post on the bug report forum, people were using that method to get insta-rank 2 on every server.

The fix came on the 27th, while your videos were made back in early August. Also on your video you yourself claim that the rank exploit was fixed back before the 18th.
    The fix to ranking before the battle starts WAS fixed on the day I commented on my YouTube videos. Its the one vehicle per 2 minutes thing that was changed (I don't consider it a fix) on the 27th. Obviously Blizzard didn't like either of them, but the ranking before the battle starts thing was easier to change (fix). My video clearly shows me pointlessly making an obscene number of Siege Engines with my ill-gotten rank 2 and Blizzard clearly saw it 1) on the day my thread in the bug report forum got a blue post and 2) the day "inspector.corp.blizzard.net" started watching the YouTube videos, as shown on the statistics page.

Face it, I twice caused Bliz to balance WG, both well before whatever you started doing or posted about on the 23rd.

> the new worgen female isnt fake