Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: MLG Live Stream - most annoying piece of shit ever

/cry .. Not your site = not your choice

/signed. Firefox bugs at me for some reason so that won't work, can't they just put a link to the stream or so? Or only show it if you click on something like "Expand this article"

Deleted

I really can't believe you guys survived the internet without any kind of ad/script block so far :\

Quote Originally Posted by Deathy
    oh and dont watch it if it bothers you? lol
    it's kinda hard when it's in your face all the time

other than that, sure, they own this site but i still suggest they should add a simple Play-button to it, some people might be rocking the internet with 512kbps still
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Quote Originally Posted by Inicharu
    I really can't believe you guys survived the internet without any kind of ad/script block so far :\

stopp QQing

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyclopz
    MLG is the owner of this site, so they have every right to put whatever they want on the front page
    Quote Originally Posted by SalcN
    /cry .. Not your site = not your choice
    Wait what?

Not my choice, their right.. what the fuck does that got to do with anything?

Oh well... moving on..

People can stop their "omg, use noscript or adblocker lol nubs" posts, it was posted on page 1 and I have installed it and the extremly annoying MLG Stream is gone. But in a few days I will uninstall it the addon.

I'm not going to use some addon that requires me to allow stuff to be shown on every site, even if I only have to do it once to all my regular sites such as cnn.com and youtube. It would be insane for me to do that just because 1 site I regularly visits sometimes puts some annoying stream up at its frontpage.. they should have the sense not to put the stream up there in the first place.

I mean, the posters in this thread is of either of these two categories:

1. People who are annoyed by the stream
    2. Brats calling those annoyed by the stream whiners and think they are clever for using some addon

In other words: some block it and don't care, others don't block it and find it very annoying. Quite obviously people don't want the fucking stream to be on the god damned frontpage. Which is what this thread is trying to communicate to the administrator.

I just ended up blocking the domains with adblock. Mmo-champ is clean again for me

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I agree on this.

/signed, too.

Yes Adblock and No Script stop it, but I've noticed a delay in loading the page now. And it seems counter-productive to me to place all your main content so far down the screen that new people coming to the site don't see anything except a dumb video at the beginning.
    Read the signature rules.

The actual stream is so laggy for me :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    I mean, the posters in this thread is of either of these two categories:

1. People who are annoyed by the stream
    2. Brats calling those annoyed by the stream whiners and think they are clever for using some addon
    Seriously guys, we know about the problems with the stream and understand the frustration. I know that doesn't help much, but there is nothing else we can really do about it while it's still up there. It will disappear after the tourney.

Re: MLG Live Stream - most annoying piece of s*** ever

It is extremely annoying. I could care less about watching MLG anything. So hows about you have a nice little link to the stream rather than trying to throw it at us? All you are doing is making people frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Seriously guys, we know about the problems with the stream and understand the frustration. I know that doesn't help much, but there is nothing else we can really do about it while it's still up there. It will disappear after the tourney.
    So is feedback being ignored?

Is there any control as to what is displayed on the front page, or how it's done?

I believe Boub made a post about the first time there was a stream done in this manner saying that this would be improved in the future.

This morning I got myself Adblocker, didn't use it earlier but now this thing to force me download some pluggin to watch a live stream wich i don't care about... no thanks.

Now since I have that addon to firefox... I just used it to block all other adds on this site since now Im provided with a tool that can. Must be great marketing buisness if you scare away people like this.

Sorry Adys, this doesn't feel like the right way to handle the tournaments.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So is feedback being ignored?
    Feedback isn't being ignored guys, we're doing everything we can to improve how it's displayed; but it's unlikely to happen this tournament either I'm afraid =/

Quote Originally Posted by Inicharu
    The majority of ads aren't an issue at all. I rarely notice ads on most sites to be completely honest, however this stream is the most obtrusive and annoying ad I've ever seen. And asking me to install a plugin everytime I come to the site? Icing on the horribly designed cake. Because of this single ad alone, I decided to install noscript. Does it remove everything and make it clean again? Yes, but you shouldn't need an addon just to get past an ad. I'm aware that this site is MLG property and that they can do whatever the hell they want with it, but you would think that they would try not to piss off half the customer base as soon as they hit the homepage.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tylith
    This morning I got myself Adblocker, didn't use it earlier but now this thing to force me download some pluggin to watch a live stream wich i don't care about... no thanks.
    No one FORCES you to download the plug in. If you dont want to, click NO and guess what, NO STREAM. The amount of time it took most of you to write your idiotic replies and QQ's was a fraction of the time it took to scroll 1/10th of the page down and get to the "Usual" content. And if that minor stream is causing you to Lag or freeze up, then you have bigger issues than you would like to admit.

If you dont like the Business side of the industry, then dont come back. Im sure none of us will miss your useless banter and this site will be better off without you. This site isnt revolved around what YOU want or dont want displayed. If you think it should be, try to make your own site and see how far that gets you.

Please keep all feedback in the proper area.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=101544.0