Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Raiding boomkin spec question

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    Am pretty shure that till the end of this x-pac 2t8+2t9 will be the standard of serious endgame raiding.
    I disagree. The stats on tier 9,2 (emblems + trophy) are insane. Its a sudden 226-245 jump in ilevels, across five items. 19 ilevels, or even more as you upgrade to T9,3 (tokens) - ilevel 258! Any serious raider would probably not waste emblems on the T9,1 pieces, knowing that a trophy isn't that far off, so you are looking to jump 19 or 32 ilevels. T7,5-T8,5 is only 13 ilevels worth of stats.

And dont forget, a steady 4% more damage is not a bad set bonus. Consider the situation for a bit. With coloseum gear, we are getting a lot of crit. The more crit we get, the less worth the lunar eclipse part of the set bonus is. Solar eclipse, and its buff, is still nice, but +15% more damage on wraths during solar eclipse, versus +4% damage to all wraths and starfires - alongside with the stat bonuses you get from the tier pieces - is very lucretive.

T8P2 is nice, but its not "zomg amazing". It is competing against items with *a lot* better stats and another good set bonus.

Qieth, i respect your opinions a lot! But this time you didnt really read what i wrote.

I merely stated that

2t8+2t9 will be the first step for any raid gear from this on
    This, cause 2t8+2t9 is ridiculously easy to get (albait time consuming) and eaven with the worst items chosen, offers nice base for the "raider to be" to start building his/her gear. Never said we would stick to it, actyally eaven said that T10 will prolly chance this.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    Qieth, i respect your opinions a lot! But this time you didnt really read what i wrote.

I merely stated that

This, cause 2t8+2t9 is ridiculously easy to get (albait time consuming) and eaven with the worst items chosen, offers nice base for the "raider to be" to start building his/her gear. Never said we would stick to it, actyally eaven said that T10 will prolly chance this.

Khad
    Im sorry, it sounded like you wanted to always keep T8 bonus until Icecrown came out. That was merely what i was arguing against

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo
    Your entire dissection of my constructive opinion is "Completely irrelevant to the discussion"... and, annoying. I was not looking for a critique.
    You got it anyways, though. Thats how a forum works: You say something, i say something.

15+ Year Old Account

I will still be wearing 2 t8 (legs and shoulders) and 2t9 (helm/chest) at this point. Assuming they don't nerf 2 t8 obviously. 2t8 should be valued worth something like 350-400DPS, which I don't see two pieces of iLvl 258 gear replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Im sorry, it sounded like you wanted to always keep T8 bonus until Icecrown came out. That was merely what i was arguing against
    How much of a dps increase do you really think two pieces of ilvl 245 versus 226 is? T8 2set bonus is huge and 4pT9 will only come close if you have 4 pieces of 258 gear.

The thing is, the comparison is between *2* pieces of 258 t9 vs 2 pieces of t8.5, and the 15% eclipse bonuses vs 4% all the time. It has nothing to do with any other piece of gear you have, and it's definitely not about having 4 pieces of 258 t9.

Simple estimation says that you aren't out of eclipse *casting either nuke* for any considerable amount of time, and the differences between 32 ilvls on only *2* pieces of gear isn't considerable enough to outdo that bonus 15% wrath damage. The 15% crit probably does get beat, but I think it more important to consistently get 7 starfires vs 6 in eclipses rather than get 4% damage on all of them. Simple math is +16.6% damage from 6 to 7 starfires. Even though that only requires you to crit every other time, bad luck happens.

Deleted

Tools and spreadsheets for the moment seem to say that 2T8 + 2T9 will be the best for T9.1 and 4T9 the best for T9.2.
    (the difference between both being minimal enough that it would be more optimal to let others gear to 4T9 first)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    Tools and spreadsheets for the moment seem to say that 2T8 + 2T9 will be the best for T9.1 and 4T9 the best for T9.2.
    (the difference between both being minimal enough that it would be more optimal to let others gear to 4T9 first)
    Source?

Deleted

Wrathcalc and stuff. Should be possible to test on Simcraft too.
    Didn't do the exercise myself yet as i just recently came back from holidays.

Odds are they'll nerf the eclipse bonus to 10% to make sure t9 wins hands down, never fear.