2 Questions about shamans...

Ok i'm right now right now lvling myself a shaman toon and was wondering about two things:

1. Would it be possible to put the shield spells on a seperated GCD? or would that be OP?

2. why does SS give 4 stacks of the debuff? are there any other sources of nature dmg except earthshock that use them or wouldn't 1 stack be enough?

thanks in advance :3

Re: 2 Questions about shamans...

1: Not needed. just bind your Shield spells to some easy to reach buttons (i use F1 and F2) and set your UI up in a way you can easily monitor the uptime.

2: Chain Lightning/Lightning Bolt. Will be more relevant when you start throwing out instant ones with Maelstrom Weapon.

@1: one of the things that distinguished a "good" from a "pro" shaman player is the perfect timing of renewing his/her shields on him/herself and probably target (earth shield) in a perfect moment which could not be spent otherwise so nothing bad happens (ele: lava burst comes out of cd, enh: fuck your dmg rota, resto: tank dies)

one piece of advice: do not consider refreshing your shield when it has completely gone! just recharge whenever possible so it never drops below 2 charges! it costs you no mana so do it as often as possible.

ok thanks for your answers but i have 2 more questions :P

1. when should i start using lavalash? right now (im lvl 48) it does too little per mana IMO.

2. should i get Elemental Devastastation first or is it better if i get it when i have all the talents in the enhancement tree?

again, thanks in advance^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru

1. when should i start using lavalash? right now (im lvl 48) it does too little per mana IMO.

2. should i get Elemental Devastastation first or is it better if i get it when i have all the talents in the enhancement tree?

1. make sure you have Flametongue on your OH if it doesnt do enough, also use it since mana shouldnt be too much of a problem with watershield and imp SS

2. Fill up the enhance tree before you start dipping into the ele tree
    Signature too large

Lightning Shield also uses SS charges, BTW.

10+ Year Old Account

If I remember correctly, they changed SS debuff to include the shaman's Frost and Fire damage meaning you should be getting increased damage from other sources (mainly Frostshock, Flameshock and Lava Lash). Plus it sounds as if you don't have Flametongue on your OH which will help a bunch on its damage alone.
    :3

thanks for the answers but for the lavalash part i was wondering when lavalash is more usefull than having windfury on the offhand, which does more dmg IMO and does cost no mana (i'm using lightning shield since i got imp. stromstrike)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Ok i'm right now right now lvling myself a shaman toon and was wondering about two things:

1. Would it be possible to put the shield spells on a seperated GCD? or would that be OP?

2. why does SS give 4 stacks of the debuff? are there any other sources of nature dmg except earthshock that use them or wouldn't 1 stack be enough?

thanks in advance :3
    1: Would mean shamans would keybind it to standard abilities, making it quite unbalanced and no longer have a short-term shield effect on yourself active rather then a permanent passive buff.

2. Lightning Shields, Earthshock, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt

1. Lava Lash is mostly used as a filler when all other abilities are on cooldown. It's not very strong, but it DOES proc static shield/flurry/maelstrom weapon.

2. Elemental Devastation is great, but not really worth it unless you have a steady amount of crit 25-30%~ to proc it often. Go for full ENH first since the wolves will make sure you can solo most group quests.

Extra: For leveling purposes, you should go 2x WF with 2 slow physical-one handers (preferabally same speeds, because then you get an effective 4 charges of flurry instead of 3) Flametongue is only stronger when combined with Elemental Fury (100% crit damage). Shamanistic Rage and 1/2 Imp SS should be all the mana you'll ever need.

Stack AP for leveling purposes.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz
    1. make sure you have Flametongue on your OH if it doesnt do enough, also use it since mana shouldnt be too much of a problem with watershield and imp SS

2. Fill up the enhance tree before you start dipping into the ele tree

You shouldn't be using flametounge on off hand until you have elemental fury in elemental. Until the stick with windfury/windfury for leveling.

Deleted

Stick to windfury on BOTH weapons whilst levelling. You should only switch to flametongue at level 80 when you have around 1000 spellpower. Key factors in levelling enhancement are. Getting dual wield and stormstrike then feral spirits only then worry about elemental tree.