Failenx

Druids - Combat system and shapeshifting.

I think it's time druids feel a little bit more complex, because pressing a button and getting some different spells on my toolbar just doesn't feel as complex as it should. I realize the majority that play this game are expected to be retarded in Blizzard's terms, but is it really supposed to be this simple?

We need something different, it almost feels boring.

You'd also think that when you shapeshift, you would actually see something like what the new Worgen's have once they shapeshift. You don't see your body "Shapeshift in the process", You see a character model change from one to the other.

Here, if this is too hard for you to understand:

Worgen's Morph:
    Human---->RAWR I'MMA BEAST TRANSFORMER---->Worgen

Druid's Morph:
    Druid--->Hi I'm a (insert form here)

Which is more exciting to you?
    I'd have to go with worgen.

Anyways, I'd like to see some of your ideas, on how to make druids and their forms (or combat system) a little bit more complex and unique.

Re: Druids - Combat system and shapeshifting.

when i transform i have it macroed to cast rejuvenation so it gives me some kind of effect... just an idea...

but i 100% agree with you

I'm for this idea as well. the poof of smoke doesn't really do it for me. Warriors have a bit of an animation when they switch stances which is sort of along the lines of what I would like. maybe the druid in caster form drops to all fours and undergoes a transformation process which takes 1 second, during which time the global cooldown is used up.

Then again, if they implement something like this, rogues will be asking for better animations when entering stealth, dks will want better animations when switching presences, and every will continue to QQ that druids get so much special attention.

yea rogues have some kind of effect also when they use vanish, its more combat text when it fails :P.
    I dout they're going to change old stuff just because its not as flashy as the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    maybe the druid in caster form drops to all fours and undergoes a transformation process which takes 1 second, during which time the global cooldown is used up.
    but some druids (like me) would not like that.. because it would be harder to chance form fast like in pvp when you want to cancel a snare effect switching out and in.

And blizzard want druids to be able to change forms easily while fighting (see last predatory strike change) so I don't see this happening
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Then again, if they implement something like this, rogues will be asking for better animations when entering stealth, dks will want better animations when switching presences, and every will continue to QQ that druids get so much special attention.
    You can't really compare entering stealth to shapeshifting. It's not as if the rogue magically transforms himself into an invisible rogue. Entering stealth is not supposed to be flashy - it's supposed to be discrete and sneaky. And Vanish already has an animation that does what it should just fine; the rogue disappears in a puff of smoke.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

This would screw up raiding and this would screw up pvp.
    Terrible idea based on aesthetics is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Failenx
    I think it's time druids feel a little bit more complex, because pressing a button and getting some different spells on my toolbar just doesn't feel as complex as it should. I realize the majority that play this game are expected to be retarded in Blizzard's terms, but is it really supposed to be this simple?

We need something different, it almost feels boring.

You'd also think that when you shapeshift, you would actually see something like what the new Worgen's have once they shapeshift. You don't see your body "Shapeshift in the process", You see a character model change from one to the other.

Here, if this is too hard for you to understand:

Worgen's Morph:
    Human---->RAWR I'MMA BEAST TRANSFORMER---->Worgen

Druid's Morph:
    Druid--->Hi I'm a (insert form here)

Which is more exciting to you?
    I'd have to go with worgen.

Anyways, I'd like to see some of your ideas, on how to make druids and their forms (or combat system) a little bit more complex and unique.
    In combat its a quick bloom of smoke and they change. Its only OOC that they get the full change as part of their curse. A druid is naturally shifting into a form they have trained to assume, the Worgens body is being violently changed by a curse, and again only OOC.