ret BM disc combo can it work?

hey i played with this combo 2 days before season end ust for points we got to about 1400 under 100 games and 1.9k MMR has one one actully seen this team at 2k plus? or should i got PHD this season

10+ Year Old Account

Re: ret BM disc combo can it work?

Well at the moment hunters are not that good in 3v3, they just don't have the survivability and ways to escape melee (excluding ret paladins) that they need. I'd recommend droping the hunter in favor of ether a rouge (for burst cc and ms ability), destruction lock (for there insane burst & mild cc), Arms warrior (for there burst ms and survivability vs melee), or a frost mage (for there excellent cc decent burst & mild ms abilities that were added last patch).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I usally see hunters fall to melee very fast. Only hunters on my server that arena have DK arena partners for CoI spam to help a bit keeping melee off.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

With BM your pet does more damage and you got BW

but if your certain surival is the way to go canyou please link your armory so i can see your spec and tell my hunter to look at it

also what is your role and why is suri the best spec in your opinion

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Obamaa
    Two of my IRL friends re-roled a ret, and a disc to arena with me on my hunter for season 7, however they leveled fairly quick and we were able to play the last week of season 6.

I was orignally going to play as MM, but ended up being SV and we got to 2100 in 2 nights, 170 games played and a 2300 MMR, with them both being in hateful with deadly off pieces (my hunter is in full furious however).

Would I suggest going BM with this comp? No...

so you got carried to 2k+ so what?

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Well at the moment hunters are not that good in 3v3, they just don't have the survivability and ways to escape melee (excluding ret paladins) that they need. I'd recommend droping the hunter in favor of ether a rouge (for burst cc and ms ability), destruction lock (for there insane burst & mild cc), Arms warrior (for there burst ms and survivability vs melee), or a frost mage (for there excellent cc decent burst & mild ms abilities that were added last patch).
    apparently you've never seen PHD or Beastcleave in action, if anything Hunters are OP

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Well at the moment hunters are not that good in 3v3
    Funny you should say that since the top two teams in MLG BOTH used BM hunters. I suppose you'd probably be the one to say Enhancement shamans are no good in 3s too.
    Cheare - 80 Human Paladin
    <Deus Vox> Laughing Skull - US

God, pointing out that the Top two teams in MLG Dallas had a BM hunter is really retarded. This is a 3v3 Tourney where 5/8 of the registered teams were RMP. So do you use a RMP yourself or make a counter to 5/8 of the teams YOU KNOW you will face? BM fails on Live, sure there are a few hunters that can make it work. But MM or SV bring a lot more to the table when faceing other setups other then RMP. Hunter's dont fail in 3v3 they can be extremely deadly as MM or SV. It comes down to his teammates assisting them like any other class needs. We can get out of 80% of really bad situations but rely on our partners for the other 20%.

Really MLG Dallas was like Rock,Paper,Scissors. The Beast cleave was the Rock to RMPs Scissors thats what it came down to. Not the fact that hunters are OMGOP.
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

Im a BM hunter with a ret and disc priest and I like the combo a lot. Last season was my first time doing arena, I joined kind of late, my ret was undergeared (only ran about 300 resilience because he didnt have furious pieces, so used pve stuff instead) and we didnt find a good disc priest to replace are failure of a disc priest until 2 weeks before the season ended. We ended up rated 1900 with only about 20 games with the good disc priest. Basically what all that comes down to is we would have been much higher if we found that priest sooner and my ret had full pvp gear. I would be amazed if we didnt reach 2k+ with this combo this coming season.

A few things, what is this guy saying above about going with a warrior/rogue for their MS ... hunters obv have aimed shot. BM is amazing with the right people on your team. I was skeptical to try it at first (I started as survival) but honeslty Beastial Wrath helps soooo much against teams that rely on CCs to win. As survival it drove me crazy facing any team with a warlock or rogue because they could lock me down or CC me so easily taking away my ability to burst the person my ret was targeting, as BM they can't do crap to me. I hate to call it afaceroll comp but we basically just zerg one person and we should win from there it being 3 on 2. With a paladin and a priest on the team we get 2 people that can remove polymorph, we get bop, we get mass dispel, we get fort/pally buff and the hunter who cant be CCed, provides good burst and an MS can go all out in damage for the duration of BW. Only downsides to BM, really no CC, and if you do not kill someone before BW is done, or have someone extremely close, your odds of winning go down a ton. The thing is, we take stuff down so fast it usually isnt an issue.

The comp works better than you might think. Don't just assume you have to go survival/MM to do well in arena as a hunter. The only other healer I would consider is a shaman for bloodlust/hex/purge, but a disc priest should be more stable.