Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: What new baseline abilities do warlocks need in Cataclysm?

Yeah, and the only way around it would be inaction or people on vent telling you who you're targetting.

It has PVE uses too - it'd be hilarious to see an NPC attack its friends.

Even more funny to see both NPC's rush you when it wears off /evilgrin

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    WoW, those are surely "new" baseline abilities.
    They aren't baseline in the first place, are they? So they're new.

And Cripple was OP sorry. What we need help is against melee not other casters, we already sit on them to begin with. The only way they can make it balanced is when they are going to make it work like fear, breaking on a damage cap.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree
    They aren't baseline in the first place, are they? So they're new.

And Cripple was OP sorry. What we need help is against melee not other casters, we already sit on them to begin with. The only way they can make it balanced is when they are going to make it work like fear, breaking on a damage cap.
    Wouldn't be balanced even if it broke on damage, think about it.
    75% slow, silence and melees can't attack... 10 sec duration.... 0 sec cd.....

Silence healer, nuke dps.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    suffering For the next 15 seconds, each time the warlock is struck, there is an x% chance that the enemy will be hit by an additional tick Of the warlock’s periodic (dot) effects on them. Instant cast, 1 minute cool down. Usable while stunned.
    This combined with curse of doom makes a very dead opponent.

its not that hard guys. i played warlock since vanilla and for 5 years we lack the same stuff.

1) we need something to protect us from melee incomming zerg ( and donlt say we have a portal cause thats not helpfull if they get first hit) something like spellshield but then to counter melee. (yes we have void but who walks with his void ??)

2) since ALMOST all classes can dispel in cataclysm warlocks DEFINATLY need a certain spell/talent to make it hard to dispel immolate, else destro locks will become useless

3) Make old spells more important: eye of killrog? hellfire? when was the last time a lock actually enslaved a demon anywhere? ARE there even monsters that can be enslaved in northrend? demon armor? curse of weakness? IMPROVED curse of weakness? dark pact? why NEVER make detect invis change into detect stealth?

ps: just a random question; why are there tons of fire instances, fire bosses and fire mobs that are immune to fire and there is not a single enemy ingame who;s made of ice or ice immune?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Exavior
    (yes we have void but who walks with his void ??)
    true - im play lock, obviously - the only warlocks i see that is using void walker as battle pet are those i oneshot

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This combined with curse of doom makes a very dead opponent.
    cause curse of doom can be applied to players amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    true - im play lock, obviously - the only warlocks i see that is using void walker as battle pet are those i oneshot
    Have fun 1 shotting me with Soul Link, 900 resil, 23k health, and an 8k bubble sac

i have a feeling like warlocks will get a tracking pet, something that is similar to hunters but not as powerful.

since right now there is only really one true tracking class, and thats the hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Exavior

ps: just a random question; why are there tons of fire instances, fire bosses and fire mobs that are immune to fire and there is not a single enemy ingame who;s made of ice or ice immune?

Not true - ice elementals (not in northrend - e.g. outlands elementals in the lake) are mostly immune to ice, and Hydross was immune to ice in one of its 2 phases. What the game needs is shadow immune creatures. Plenty of them allround! Actually all creatures should be immune to shadow except holy ones!!!!

On a more serious note, imunnities suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    ROFL... who said you could speak? Seriously though, VW's are one of the utilities that locks have. If you never use if then you are hurting yourself and your arena partners. Aside from the fact that you CANNOT one shot anyone with 20k+ health even without resilience.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Wouldn't be balanced even if it broke on damage, think about it.
    75% slow, silence and melees can't attack... 10 sec duration.... 0 sec cd.....

Silence healer, nuke dps.
    Cripple is just a fear with nothing to stop it expect trinket.

15+ Year Old Account

Cripple was fun. I solo'd Kazzak at 70 with it.

But seriously:
    Burst for Affliction, either in a shadow-based Conflag or a version of Pestilence, or "Amplify Corruption - Your next unstable affliction or corruption ticks every second - 3 minute cooldown"

5 minute cooldown Shield Wall to survive initial burst.

Another shadow spell for destruction.

R.I.P. YARG

Aye, I've been dismayed as to how 'fire'y destro got.

Emp imp? Great.
    improved immolate? of course!
    Chaos bolt - aight, I can live with that
    Casting nothing but fire spells - wait. what?

(Corruption / CoD are negligible, their DPS boost is low)
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    ROFL... who said you could speak? Seriously though, VW's are one of the utilities that locks have. If you never use if then you are hurting yourself and your arena partners. Aside from the fact that you CANNOT one shot anyone with 20k+ health even without resilience.
    Exactly. Except there are 3 different pets with different abilities and you can barely change pets at the beginning of an arena match, let alone in the middle.

If I am a paladin and I get melee zerged I bubble. If they put slow or CoEx or some shit on me I use Blessing of Freedom.

If I'm a warlock and I have my succubus to seduce a rogue and the death knight uses chains of ice on me, I'm boned.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I would be content if they gave us the deathmist 4-set bonus with a shord duration/short CD. Nothing too fancy, just something to help level the playing field against most melee.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22073 - just need to remove the "has a chance of" part

[curse of the satan] decreses all dmg done by %10 , all dmg taken by dots %13 ( affliction )

[demon's pray ] your pets hits heals you for some amount

[ Hell Run ] increase warlocks movement speed %70 for 5 seconds while warlock running leaves flames behind enemies coming contact to flames takes a debuff that makes them slow and take fire dmg over x seconds

I Dont Read the signature rules

15+ Year Old Account

WHAARGARBL - Drive your allies into a berserker rage, increasing Haste by 500% but preventing the use of all abilities for 8 seconds.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by masta
    [curse of the satan] decreses all dmg done by %10 , all dmg taken by dots %13 ( affliction )

[demon's pray ] your pets hits heals you for some amount

[ Hell Run ] increase warlocks movement speed %70 for 5 seconds while warlock running leaves flames behind enemies coming contact to flames takes a debuff that makes them slow and take fire dmg over x seconds

That are like, the best abilities ever!

-Discrepify

BASELINE

Instant cast
    8% of base mana

The warlock afflicts the target causing 5600 damage over 14 seconds, damage dealt every second, healing the caster. Stacks up to 3 times on any target. When dispelled, the warlock is healed for 6000 and the dispeller is being damaged by 3000 per application of Discrepify.

(Animation would be a bit like the Living Bomb animation)