Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: What new baseline abilities do warlocks need in Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by dooski
    would be sweet if they could give lock a spell where they can swap mana pools with a friendly/enemy. or something to that extent.
    I like this idea, would act as another innervate-type spell in pve, where you could, as a warlock with infinite mana, switch your freshly lifetapped mana bar with an oomed healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanari

I LITERALLY

/facepalmed.

Holy Shit.

I have NEVER seen anyone fuck up lock theory crafting as much as you.

You Sir.

Get my Cookie of The Year Award.

IT HAS RAISINS!
    Types like you; honestly ruin the game. You have enough information to hang yourself, and no more. Unless you want to, in a human manor, explain to the kid why you think those idea's are insane, then don't talk. At all.

OMG WTF STFU posts are like barrens chat, and while i guess mmo's forums are like the barrens, your still going to get slapped from time to time for being an idiot, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraske
    Affliction:

Shadow Manifestation - Create a shadow manifestation of yourself, which hovers above you and casts Shadow Buffet to five targets every 4 seconds in a 40 yard range. Any damage done heals the warlock. 20 second duration. 2 Minute Cooldown.

Glyph of Possession: Causes the manifestation to possess the caster, instead, increasing shadow damage by 20%, haste by 10%, but removes control of the character for 10 seconds.

(will still cast intelligently, note: duration stays 20 seconds...)
    I like this idea, but what exacly does shadow buffet do?

I'd also like to see affliction get some form of shadow form(a la shadow priests)
    Not sure why this is french.

20% TPS reduction.

I don't care how, but we need it. Sick of overaggroing shite tanks! We had a warrior, DK and 2 others for Chillmaw once, and I tanked it. Was quite scary, to be honest.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Warlocks could use some threat reduction, but you also have to make an effort and use soul shatter.

A good destruction warlock is capable of overaggro'ing even a good tank.
    I see the warlocks in my guild occasionally breaking 6k TPS in 10 man instances, and they're ulduar/totc10 geared. Our best one is actually using mostly Ulduar10/25 gear, with only a few totc items.

10% just doesn't cut it.

I guess a casted spell that works like "20% of the threat generated by you, is applied to your pet instead."
    Still would also help with void walker tanking when solo'ing before you get the felguard, and even after you get the felguard if you're leveling destruction.
    Affliction, obviously hasn't got much use for this, but it would allow them to use a void walker as well if they want to, currently draintanking is all that works for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    That's why my idea for a dispel protection spell is a fire damage spell designed to cater to demo and destro locks.
    Yes, but Demo+Destro don't *need* a curse dispel protection mechanic. Affliction is _neutered_ by dispels, hence they have it. Demo+Destro are merely lightly hindered by dispels, hence they don't have it.

Too many of these ideas already exist in a different lock tree or w/glyph. Too much of this sounds like wanting to have your favorite tree get cherry-picked talents/spells from the others in addition to what it already has. Good luck with that. Might as well wish to get a new leprechaun demon pet that will give us free gold, and does a gay dance to AoE chain-stun/disorient your enemies.

My main is a lock. Locks are fine as-is. Whatever they add better be properly themed to fit the class and not op. Last thing I wanna see is have us go through what Retadins and DK's have gone through with nerfty-nerf-nerf all throughout Wrath.

EDIT- I will admit that we need a little more threat reduction, bumping us to 20% talented like everyone else. Nothing quite as frustrating as watching another ranged class out-dps me and not pull aggro, while I'm treading the fine line at 85-95% threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by anathemaa

My main is a lock. Locks are fine as-is. Whatever they add better be properly themed to fit the class and not op. Last thing I wanna see is have us go through what Retadins and DK's have gone through with nerfty-nerf-nerf all throughout Wrath.
    I'm going to guess you dont pvp much and raid with mediocre dps (or just just accept that other pure dps classes are better). Either way, locks are not fine. Close, but still need some tweaks to get them on par. Unfortunately Blizz cant help but tweak multiple things at the same time. I'm not looking to be OP but i would like to be viable and on par with other classes, which we are not
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Wow only treading at 85-95% I always sit at 120% threat and make sure I dont get close to the boss or make sure the tank knows where I am. I have to have that much threat just to keep up on dps with other ranged classes. I usually come out below the dks and in between the hunters.
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redwud3381
    I like this idea, but what exacly does shadow buffet do?

I'd also like to see affliction get some form of shadow form(a la shadow priests)

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=38143

There's that, something like that was what I was leaning towards. With more damage of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraske

Shadow Manifestation - Create a shadow manifestation of yourself, which hovers above you and casts Shadow Buffet to five targets every 4 seconds in a 40 yard range. Any damage done heals the warlock. 20 second duration. 2 Minute Cooldown.
    That seems like it could be really cool. With some changes, it could be the deterrent to melee zerg that warlocks need in pvp. Change the radius from 40 yards to 10 yards and have it tick every 2 seconds instead of 4. Then what you end up with is sorta like a DK's anti-magic zone except its an anti-melee zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    I don't care how, but we need it. Sick of overaggroing shite tanks! We had a warrior, DK and 2 others for Chillmaw once, and I tanked it. Was quite scary, to be honest.
    I tank Chillmaw every day. I 2-man him with a Pally healer, no problem. Give it a try. The bombardiers are the bigger problem if you don't notice that you're standing on a bomb.

Mageamorphosis - Turns the Warlock into a Mage. All your spells gain 20% damage, but your Fear now heals the target and breaks instantly on damage, and any ability that returns health to you returns mana instead. Healthstones become stacks of Food/Water. Your robes turn into tunics and your Helmet graphic setting is forced to be Hidden. (5 Minute Cooldown, Lasts Until Cancelled)

Individuality - All your Fire spells turn green. You are *not* a Mage. But... you will be like every other Warlock. (Lasts 1 Hour, No Cooldown)

Splat - If possible, sets the phase-in waypoint for your Summoning Stone ten yards away from the Stone. Summoning no longer requires multiple people.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris
    I tank Chillmaw every day. I 2-man him with a Pally healer, no problem. Give it a try. The bombardiers are the bigger problem if you don't notice that you're standing on a bomb.
    If you have a constant group, then yeah, I would assume warlocks are fine for it (Demonology Locks more so), but I have to PuG it :P The time I tanked it was with a healer who hadn't done Chilly before, so I'm guessing wasn't too confident, and he would also have expected the plate wearers to take more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Warlocks could use some threat reduction, but you also have to make an effort and use soul shatter.
    Sad thing is, the CD is still far too long on it. I'll over aggro (Omen or the game sends out that FWOOSH), use it and then continue (maybe after a second or two). But then, before long, I'll do it again and find myself with a boss in my face. There was a time where I actually stood around for 20+ seconds doing sod all because I took aggro that quickly. I also was the top damage done for that fight... Go figure. And it was a 10 man raid.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

well for a start were getting soul burn (there not sure if thats what is going to be called finaly but bisacly the spell which uses shards)

then i would like to see something cool for demo duno wha maybe new pet??

then maybe a burs spell for afliction

They are removing soul bags which is nice. I think fear needs a dispel insurance of some sort. "Dispelling fear causes the target to receive 20% increased damage for 5 seconds".
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I' happy with 1 ability:
    Cripple 1,5 sec cast no cooldown
    Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, pacifying and silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to physical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 sec. Only 1 target can be crippled at a time. (1.5 sec cast, no cooldown)
    This

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

There needs to be more interaction between you and your pet imo.

For destro a dps cooldown:

Incite Rage: 1m cooldown
    Channeled 8 seconds
    Enrages your Imp, increasing it's size and causing it deal 15% additional damage and causes each Firebolt to deal an additional 25% damage every second over 6 seconds. Each time the Imp's Firebolt deals damage your current Immolate debuff's duration is increased by 3 seconds. While Enraged, your Imp has no pity, remorse or fear and cannot be stopped unless killed.

Seems nice to me , also *reduces* your threat a little bit, since you'll be enraging your imp rather then dealing the damage yourself!

In addition to this, Destructive reach should also increase the Imp's Firebolt range.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~