Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New Priest Talents For Cataclysm - Your Suggestions

Hey, priests is the only class from where a simple suicide button would be considered OP.

Still... I want one
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ](6)Mind Vision will now grant your target extra insight, increasing [insert non-OP buff here] for the duration of the channel.
    I think an ideal non-OP buff would be run speed. The vast majority of the time when I'm using Mind Vision, I'm either looking at mobs to help mark them, or I'm watching someone who is running back (either they're lost, or DCed or whatever. It would be nice to give them the whole Aspect of the Pack deal without having to send a Hunter back and it could save us time without forcing Warlocks to make a summoning stone. Although, a talent for such a silly abilitiy is probably overkill; a glyph really should be sufficient for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippal
    Improved Levitate: Unlimited duration - 1 minute cooldown - 3 point talent
    Increases movement speed by 10/20/30% for 5/10/15 seconds when you use your levitate ability. After the duration the movement increase fades off. In addition your levitate does not break until you lose 10/20/30% of your hp.
    This seems a lot like the PWS effect of B&S. It could actually be neat to see that sort of effect on Levitate instead of PWS for raiding purposes so then Holy wouldn't have to coordinate it with Discipline to work aorund the Weakened Soul problem.

As for my own suggestion, I'd recommend a talent relatively low in the Holy tree so that Discipline can also grab it. Basically it would replace your Shadowfiend with a temporary pet that heals instead of doing damage, but still returns mana. It could potentially have an improved version that reduces the cooldown and increases the healing and/or mana return. Something like this:

Holy Friend
    Purifies your Shadowfiend and makes him your Holy Friend. When summoned, he will heal the lowest health target within 30 yards every 2s for [balanced number at 85]. Each Heal will return 5% of the caster's maximum mana. This ability cannot be used in Shadowform.

15+ Year Old Account

I want Death Beam from Dragonball Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Holy Friend
    Purifies your Shadowfiend and makes him your Holy Friend. When summoned, he will heal the lowest health target within 30 yards every 2s for [balanced number at 85]. Each Heal will return 5% of the caster's maximum mana. This ability cannot be used in Shadowform.
    I really like this idea, it nicely sets the Healing Priests and Shadow Priests apart. Healing Friend vs Shadowfiend, I like it.

Also the Power Word: Barrier that has been mentioned alot is my favourite new spell that I really really hope comes in Cataclysm. Being able to chuck up a shield for more than 1 person at a time will be amazing. Yes it'll probably have a high mana cost or a CD or whatever, I'll still use it all the time

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Holy Friend
    That is so totally win. I love it! Zeuq, make it happen!

And yes of course, Power Word: Barrier. I was disappointed to see it missing from Wrath when they announced it as an idea way before its release last year.

I just hope PW:B isn't lame-o like the Shield version of PoH.

I want a place-able bubble of awesomeness like the DK anti-magic zone, except it'll absorb all damage types.

Then they should remove anti-magic zone after they realize that no PvE unholy DK specs it... and apologize that the mechanic should've been Disco the entire time.

Then GC will show up to my house with 40 White Castle sliders and in return for the tasty burgers I'll give him an hour session on how to effectively communicate.

...one year later...

POWER WORD: BARRIER
    2sec cast, 40yard range
    Places a damage shield on each of the friendly target's party members within 30 yards, absorbing Xdamage. Last 30 sec. While the shield holds spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again by PW:B or PW:S for 15 sec.

Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    There's no new talents. They're just adding 5 points.
    They are removing mandatory talents and giving them as passive bonuses for spending talents in the tree. If they don't add any new talents, then you will basically be able to take every single talent in the shadow tree and still have enough talents left over to get half way up discipline.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It better be placeable like Death and Decay and not something that spawns where you happen to be standing. While it wouldn't be terrible it wouldn't be what we wanted.

However because it will probably be considered OP it will have either an insane mana cost or a big-ish CD, maybe 1 or 2 minutes.

And of course it will have to be balanced for PvP

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

]
    I want DG for a friendly player... so I can be like:

"Yo, you. Stop standing in the fire. You stand here now!"

Totally a joke, but how I wish it....
    Nice to see that they'll try and fix this for cata I wonder if they got the idea here hehe

I do know that they very likely thought this up themselves, so please don't start some meaningless debate whether or whether not they "stole" the idea here or something
    Never wrong.

New ones:

Surge of Power: Your Greater Heal and Holy Fire spells have a 50/100% chance to jump to another nearby target dealing 30% of its healing/damage. (Imagine two Holy Fire animations, woaaa ;D)

Keeper of Light: Increases the duration of your Spirit of Redemption, Guardian Spirit and Radiance effects by 3/6 sec.

Changes to current ones:

Lightwell: click button removed, it chooses automatically the lowest health target in a really small radius (8yd) every 6sec. Lightwell doesn't activate with targets over 80%. The number of charges could be reduced again to 5.

Serendipity: can be consumed with Mana Burn to allow holy priests ignore Improved Mana Burn talent for PvP. Ofc both talents wouldn't stack.

Circle of Healing: The current amount of healing is useless in PvP, and the reduced cooldown still makes the spell too spameable. IMO it would be more intelligent and fun to play if its cooldown and healing amount is increased a bit, maybe 12sec cooldown and twice of its current amount of healing. I know you hate me for say this Divine Providence could reduce its cooldown as Prayer of Mending.

]
    I want DG for a friendly player... so I can be like:

"Yo, you. Stop standing in the fire. You stand here now!"

Totally a joke, but how I wish it....
    ...you are some kind of freakey psychic.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    ...you are some kind of freakey psychic.
    Abandon, I totally figured out the Demonology-Hellfire thing three weeks ago (posted it two weeks ago in the warlock boards), and a few people on our Druid forums have been talking about making Tree of Life needing to become a cooldown instead.

Coincidence?
    Probably (or maybe Blizzard actually "reads" these forums, without publicly endorsing them. Oh the conspiracy theorists must be fuming, there be trouble afoot!)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This post is about the Holy tree

The following talents are the must-have "uninteresting" throughput talents:
    - Holy Specialization (5)
    - Improved Renew (3)
    - Spiritual Guidance (5)
    - Spiritual Healing (5)
    - Blessed Resilience (3)
    - Empowered Healing (5)
    - Divine Providence (5)

That's .. quite a lot of boring stuff. Most of these talents give nothing but throughput, and can be considered mandatory talent dumps that do not affect the playstyle in the slightest. I would expect these to either go away, or be drastically reduced to 2-3 pt talents instead of 5. While we cannot avoid throughput talents completely, we should always have a choice between throughput and utility. Blessed Recovery frankly does not count as utility.

The only talents providing anything special in this group is Blessed Resilience, which is really a PVP talent with added PVE value as an afterthought. I think this talent will be reworked in Cataclysm since that afterthought is what the mastery is supposed to cover.

And also Divine Providence, which is a huge mess of doing a bit of everything talent dump. This is not good design; the end result of going down this route is to replace all talents in the holy tree with a 60pt "better as holy" talent. I really foresee this talent being split up a bit as well.

------

The following talents are ... in need of work:
    - Improved Healing (3)
    - Searing Light (2)
    - Lightwell (1)
    - Spirit of Redemption (1)
    - Holy Concentration (3)

Improved Healing is overall branded as the worst talent in the holypriest arsenal. 5% manacost reduction to GHeal is ... hilariously bad, considering that even with this talent, the cost of GHeal is comparable to the US foreign debt.

Searing Light is supposed to be an afterthought for levelling priests. I can live with that. Problem is, there is nothing else to pick at this tier (or the previous) for a healing priest. When you get to T3 in the holy tree, you can only place 4 pts in this tier. When you get to T4, there is only two points worth spending. That means we're 4 points short of worthwhile talents to pick, and most priests end up putting it into more holycrit (bad!) or damage reduction (unnecessary!). Talents is supposed to be about chosing between desirable talents, not picking the least bad choice. The problem goes beyond Searing Light, but SL is a major part of the problem.

Lightwell... no change will ever happen to this spell. In 2016 when we're raiding Sargeras and everyone is sporting self-teleports, instant raidwide guardian spirits and instakill abilities removing bosses from the very fabric of existance, priests are still going to complain about lightwell not doing much. But really. It stopped being funny in 2007.

Spirit of Redemption... still a bad talent. Still only worth it for the +5% spirit. Spirit boosters will mostly go away in cataclysm I think. For the same reason, Holy Concentration will need rework.

-----

What I would love to see a lot of talents working off the chakra idea, not just making it a simple 3 pt talent. Getting a chakra for single target healing already while levelling would be neat. Getting a chakra for smiting would be equally neat.

We could also replace lightwell with chakra unlocking, something enabling all known chakras at once. When you just need to go all out.

One thing that really fails for holypriests is the precieved aoe healing chakra. We surely need one, but, casting 3x PoH in a row just isn't going to happen. You'll be oom before landing the third one.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Lets the what "useless" talents we got with mastery, not just for Holys:
    Holy(36/77):
    Holy Specialization (5), Improved Renew (3), Spiritual Guidance (5), Spiritual Healing (5), Blessed Resilience (3), Empowered Healing (5), Divine Providence (5),
    Improved Healing (3), Searing Light (2)
    Shadow(33/67):
    Darkness (5), Shadow Focus (3), Imp SW:P (2), Shadow Weaving (3), Focused Mind (3), Mind Melt (2), Improved Plague (3), Shadow Power (5),
    Misery (3), Mind Melt (2), Spirit Tap(3), Improved Spirit Tap(2)
    Disc(27/74):
    Twin Discipline (5), Unbreakable Will (5), Improved PW:S (3), Mental Agility (5), Absolution (3), Enlightment (3), Meditation (3)
    Half-Holy and Half-Shadow has to be redone for Cataclysm. And 1/3 of the Discipline Tree.
    Then we get 5 more talent Points to spend, where this currently is no problem for Holy Priests, it is a major problem for shadow priests.
    You can already max out the Shadowtree with 4 Points left over. For Cataclysm this won't be enough. On top of redoing 33 talent points, Blizzard has to add another 10 Points, since the only talents that benefit us currently in the other trees will be gone.