Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Priest Talents For Cataclysm - Your Suggestions

Since Blizzard announced they would basically be reworking the entire talent tree of all classes to make the talents more about being fun than being something you have to put points into, what sort of Talents do you think they will come out with?

I had a think about it and thought of a few I would like to see for Disc Priests:

- Casting Power Word: Shield onto a Party/Raid member with less than 20% Health gives you a 10/20/30/40/50% chance to have your next Flash Heal become instant cast and cost 10/20/30/40/50% less mana.

- Every critical Flash Heal/Penance or Prayer of Mending will cause 5/10/15% of the total healed to also be healed though a HOT over 10 seconds, this effect can stack up to 3 times and cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Just a few idea's I came up with for Disc Priests, what else would you like to see?

You can post for Disc, Holy or Shadow.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Priest Talents For Cataclysm - Your Suggestions

Mate, i think its waay too son to say, i havent even thought about it yet, but then again.. I dont really play anymore, just read the forums.
    Im just that awesome >.<

Power Word: Barrier.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

I -love- that Critical Shielding idea you have, but I think it's a little gamebreaking for Discipline PvP though.

Giving healing-deep-wounds when Discipline already has Divine Aegis is going a little overboard on "on crit" abilities. Also the wording is wonky, because of it being able to "stack" but can't reapply for 10 seconds. So how does it stack if it falls off at the same time?

I'm too tired to post some more of the ideas floating around in my head, but you're going to get them sooner or later.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Ah that was my bad, was a mis-click, was supposed to be 20 seconds.

I did think it might be a bit OP, especially in PvP, just it was kicking around in my head so thought I would put it out and see what people thought.

I would also LOVE the Power Word: Barrier that was mentioned to actually be implemented into the game, that would be awesome

(1)Lightwell: this ability does not drop your target when used.

(2)Spirit of Redemption: Aside from turning into SoR on death, the priest can enter this state on a 5-10min CD. Activating in this fashion can be dispelled, but has increased resistance.

(3)Casting FH/GH on a target that is Renewed also heals the target for X/Y% of the total renew, but consumes it.

(4)If ProM activates a 3rd jump, it splits into 2 ProMs with 2 charges each.

(5)Mind Soothe will now also temporarily reduce aggro by X% on all but the target's current target. Spell now has a CD.

(6)Mind Vision will now grant your target extra insight, increasing [insert non-OP buff here] for the duration of the channel.

(7)Levitate will no longer break on damage and allow you to be immune to ground based effects.

Didn't really put too much thought into exploits on this... just off the top of the head musings.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]

(7)Levitate will no longer break on damage and allow you to be immune to ground based effects.
    I like this idea, I love using Levitate and it's annoying when it breaks on damage. The only reason they would never do it would be for PvP again, I could run away over water while still getting hit. Which is good for me, but not for whoever is hitting me

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot
    I like this idea, I love using Levitate and it's annoying when it breaks on damage. The only reason they would never do it would be for PvP again, I could run away over water while still getting hit. Which is good for me, but not for whoever is hitting me
    Sucks to be them. Also sucks to be DGed from 30yards away. Sucks to be TS'd off LM. Sucks to be feared for 12sec. Sucks to chase a druid in water. Priests could use another escape mechanic imo... and this is situational at best. Plus something you'd have to spec into... it wouldn't be free.

(3)Casting FH/GH on a target that is Renewed also heals the target for X/Y% of the total renew, but consumes it.

Also must have missed this one, again I really like it.

Would possibly make Renew more attractive to Disc Priests, and also allows a more imaginative use of the class. I like it a lot.

]
    Sucks to be them. Also sucks to be DGed from 30yards away. Sucks to be TS'd off LM. Sucks to be feared for 12sec. Sucks to chase a druid in water. Priests could use another escape mechanic imo... and this is situational at best. Plus something you'd have to spec into... it wouldn't be free.
    True I suppose, with the exception of Fear (If you can class that as an escape mechanism?) we have very little in the cupboard to get away

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot

Also must have missed this one, again I really like it.

Would possibly make Renew more attractive to Disc Priests, and also allows a more imaginative use of the class. I like it a lot.
    To be fair, this idea is ripped from druids' swiftmend. Except it wouldn't be as powerful, but it wouldn't have a CD and not instant cast.

]
    To be fair, this is ripped from druids.
    To be fair my original post about an instant cast Flash Heal was ripped from a Paladin, with Art of War.

Slightly changed to make it more Priesty, but I don't see why different classes can't share *similar* abilities in a different way.

George23

AoE Shield
    Power Infusion AoE (Like Bloodlust)
    A Spiritual Guidance talent for disc spec
    Increase MC distance and time target being mced.

15+ Year Old Account

Making the debuff from Power Word: Shield seperate from player to player.

Good thread!

- A talent for putting fade and desperate prayer on the same GCD. You often want to cast both, but deciding which is most important is often sooo hard!

- A talent making renew ticks critically heal. Critting HoTs are long overdue.
    - A talent for making gheal add +3 seconds on any renews on the target (max 15 sec).
    - A talent making renew tick faster based on your haste.

- A talent making lightwell heal targets automatically. Like in the coliseum. We all want it, dammit.
    - Also remove the dependency on Spirit of Redemption. We all take the talent, but as the lightwell vanish on death, that dependency make no sense.

- Talent making Prayer of Mending remove bleed effects.
    - Talent making Mind Soothe remove enrage (er. berserk. What ever they call the soft non-"you-spent-too-long" enrage)

- Healing talent adding 17% hit with Shackle Undead, Dispel and Mind Soothe. No more misses with vital healer utility.

- Shadowpriest vampire bat swarm attack. Because it's cool.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I can realy only think of two talents ,
    Disc, and AOE shield like the DK's anti magic barrier only this would absorb all damage.
    -Soul Expend
    20% of Base Mana
    1 sec Cast 2 Min CD
    You enlarge your soul, creating a barrier around the Priest ,
    absorbing 200% of the Priests total health per Allie in the Barrier.
    Exists for 10 Sec or after it Absorbed 200% of the Priests Total Health.

That would be good for both PVP and PVE and not too OP IMO ,

Second talent (also kinda ripped of a DK)
    Holy,

-Holy Ground
    12% of Base Mana
    Instant cast 8 Sec CD
    You place a Holy circle on the ground Purifying it , Healing for 500-600
    Every second for 10 sec to everyone inside The circle,
    The Purified Ground Cannot be affected by Holy Ground for 30 Sec after the Spell
    vanishes.

Shadow talents:
    Mind Breaking: Reduces the cast time of mind control to 1,5s, increases range to 30yd and always allows you to use ability's of the enemy player or NPC. (against players you would gain the same ability's as those in Old Kingdom)
    Dot Splash: Spreads all of your dots to enemies within 10yd range. 30 seconds cooldown. (pestilence copy)
    Improved Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now a passive aura which converts 1% of the damage done by you to the whole raid. (not only party)
    Improved Shadowfiend: Reduces the cooldown on this ability by 4 minutes (down to 1) and makes it work like the snowbolds on Gormok. (it now got a interrupt ability on 6 sec cd and also sits on the back of the enemy)
    Improved Devouring Plague: When this dots final tick is made, a cloud is dropped on the ground causing [insert balanced number at 85] each second. Lasts 24 seconds.
    Focused Mind: when any of your shadow spells are interrupted (pvp use primarily) the interrupter takes [insert balanced number at 85] damage.
    Shadow Power: Increases your damage done by 30% for 15 sec. 3 minutes cooldown.
    Mind Melt: You infect the enemy's mind with dark presence, decreasing the damage output and movement speed by 40%. 3 minutes cooldown and 10 seconds duration.
    Misery: You put the enemy in misery causing [balanced lvl85 dmg] and heals 100% of the damage done to friendly players within 8 yd of the enemy. (coh mechanic to decide who to heal) 1 minute cooldown and 10 seconds duration.
    Veiled Shadows: Puts the enemy into a different realm where he is trapped until he defeats his nightmares (himself with like 12k hp) or the duration of the debuff (red-undispellable) runs out after 8 seconds. While the enemy is trapped he may only see his teammates. 5 minute cooldown.
    Twisted Faith: When you die, you are copied into a shadow clone. Your shdow clone will have 70% less of all attributes (intellect, health, everything). Lasts 30 seconds or until you are killed. 10 minute cooldown.
    Darkness: Your mind blast leaves a dot on the enemy causing 10% of the damage over 5 seconds. Anti-vanish (and I wouldn't be all too surprised if ferals will gain a similar ability).
    Improved Psychic Scream: Increases the haste of all friendly players within the same range by 20% for 10 seconds.
    Shadow Weaving: This ability no longer increases damage done by a certain %, instead it stacks up to 30 times. (see next)
    Shadow Grip: Grips all enemies within 30 yd, bringing them 1-30 yd closer to you. Also causes [1xbalanced number-30xbalanced number] to those enemies. 45 seconds cooldown. The damage and range depends on the amount of stacks from shadow weaving.
    Shadow Surf: This ability works like levitate, just that you are 10 yd above the ground and does not break from damage. When levitated your movement speed is increased by 50% and damage increased by 10%. 15 seconds duration. 3 minutes cooldown.
    Shadow Word: Death: Damage increased by 50 % from this ability when enemies are below 30 % hp.
    Hope Ender: A targeted aoe ability which grips the enemies within the aoe towards the center of the aoe circle (with circle I mean like mass dispel, blizzard, shadowfury hurricane etc.). All enemies within the range gets 50% movement speed and if they haven't moved out of the circle within 15 seconds they explode causing aoe damage to their friends. 5 minute cooldown, 20 yd range and 10 yd area of the circle.
    Dark Guardian: A dark presence follows you around for 5 seconds. Like power word shield but like 3x stronger. 1 minute cooldown.
    Blind Swarm: Instantly opens a portal from where loads of shadowy creatures appear attacking anything that moves(not friendly players). 15 minutes cooldown.
    Shadow Affinity: Splashes your threat equally out on all players on the enemies threat list. 3 minute cooldown.
    Mind Crash: Sends a strong psychic vibe in form of a shadow crash towards the enemy (slow missile speed) causing [insert balanced number at 85]. 1 minute cooldown.
    Restless Shadows: Creates 3 copies of the enemy player dealing damage over 15 seconds to the enemy. The Shadows may not be attacked. 5 minutes cooldown.

As you may have noticed I didn't put all too much thought into the balancing issues which I hope the developers can sort out.
    Also, I do not by any means hope that they introduce ALL of these abilities to the game as it would end up being overcomplicated and in some cases even more homogenized than it already is.
    Never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippal
    Shadow talents:
    Mind Breaking: Reduces the cast time of mind control to 1,5s, increases range to 30yd and always allows you to use ability's of the enemy player or NPC. (against players you would gain the same ability's as those in Old Kingdom)
    Dot Splash: Spreads all of your dots to enemies within 10yd range. 30 seconds cooldown. (pestilence copy)
    Improved Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now a passive aura which converts 1% of the damage done by you to the whole raid. (not only party)
    Improved Shadowfiend: Reduces the cooldown on this ability by 4 minutes (down to 1) and makes it work like the snowbolds on Gormok. (it now got a interrupt ability on 6 sec cd and also sits on the back of the enemy)
    Improved Devouring Plague: When this dots final tick is made, a cloud is dropped on the ground causing [insert balanced number at 85] each second. Lasts 24 seconds.
    Focused Mind: when any of your shadow spells are interrupted (pvp use primarily) the interrupter takes [insert balanced number at 85] damage.
    Shadow Power: Increases your damage done by 30% for 15 sec. 3 minutes cooldown.
    Mind Melt: You infect the enemy's mind with dark presence, decreasing the damage output and movement speed by 40%. 3 minutes cooldown and 10 seconds duration.
    Misery: You put the enemy in misery causing [balanced lvl85 dmg] and heals 100% of the damage done to friendly players within 8 yd of the enemy. (coh mechanic to decide who to heal) 1 minute cooldown and 10 seconds duration.
    Veiled Shadows: Puts the enemy into a different realm where he is trapped until he defeats his nightmares (himself with like 12k hp) or the duration of the debuff (red-undispellable) runs out after 8 seconds. While the enemy is trapped he may only see his teammates. 5 minute cooldown.
    Twisted Faith: When you die, you are copied into a shadow clone. Your shdow clone will have 70% less of all attributes (intellect, health, everything). Lasts 30 seconds or until you are killed. 10 minute cooldown.
    Darkness: Your mind blast leaves a dot on the enemy causing 10% of the damage over 5 seconds. Anti-vanish (and I wouldn't be all too surprised if ferals will gain a similar ability).
    Improved Psychic Scream: Increases the haste of all friendly players within the same range by 20% for 10 seconds.
    Shadow Weaving: This ability no longer increases damage done by a certain %, instead it stacks up to 30 times. (see next)
    Shadow Grip: Grips all enemies within 30 yd, bringing them 1-30 yd closer to you. Also causes [1xbalanced number-30xbalanced number] to those enemies. 45 seconds cooldown.
    Shadow Surf: This ability works like levitate, just that you are 10 yd above the ground and does not break from damage. When levitated your movement speed is increased by 50% and damage increased by 10%. 15 seconds duration. 3 minutes cooldown.
    Shadow Word: Death: Damage increased by 50 % from this ability when enemies are below 30 % hp.
    Hope Ender: A targeted aoe ability which grips the enemies within the aoe towards the center of the aoe circle (with circle I mean like mass dispel, blizzard, shadowfury hurricane etc.). All enemies within the range gets 50% movement speed and if they haven't moved out of the circle within 15 seconds they explode causing aoe damage to their friends. 5 minute cooldown, 20 yd range and 10 yd area of the circle.
    Dark Guardian: A dark presence follows you around for 5 seconds. Like power word shield but like 3x stronger. 1 minute cooldown.
    Blind Swarm: Instantly opens a portal from where loads of shadowy creatures appear attacking anything that moves(not friendly players). 15 minutes cooldown.
    Shadow Affinity: Splashes your threat equally out on all players on the enemies threat list. 3 minute cooldown.
    Mind Crash: Sends a strong psychic vibe in form of a shadow crash towards the enemy (slow missile speed) causing [insert balanced number at 85]. 1 minute cooldown.
    Restless Shadows: Creates 3 copies of the enemy player dealing damage over 15 seconds to the enemy. The Shadows may not be attacked. 5 minutes cooldown.

As you may have noticed I didn't put all too much thought into the balancing issues which I hope the developers can sort out.
    Also, I do not by any means hope that they introduce ALL of these abilities to the game as it would end up being overcomplicated and in some cases even more homogenized than it already is.
    My Ideas fall into void compared with this , Win talents

Nice job Gippal!

I'd just been thinking of one letting Mind Sear target a friendly, so if your enemy target dies too quickly (all too often) you don't a) spend the mana, and b) have to spend time retargetting to watch something else fall faster too.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Hmm , i came to think of a fun Shadow talent with a PVP use mainly,
    Shadow Wave (same animation as typhoon only dark purple ;D)

-Shadow Wave
    6% of Base Mana 12 Sec Cooldown
    Instant Cast

You Glide over a wave of pure Shadow Energy.
    Leaping 20 Yards and Knocking back all enemies Caught in the wave 30 Yards.
    In addition , Shadow Wave deals [1000 + 72% Spelpower] to the enemies,
    Deals Double damage if the Priest is Levitating

Hm doesn't seem to OP to me

I want DG for a friendly player... so I can be like:

"Yo, you. Stop standing in the fire. You stand here now!"

Totally a joke, but how I wish it....