Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Priest Talents For Cataclysm - Your Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I want DG for a friendly player... so I can be like:

"Yo, you. Stop standing in the fire. You stand here now!"

Totally a joke, but how I wish it....

;D I yelled at a mage the other night for standing in the fire in ToC. "insert name, I will let your sorry _ _ _ die if you do not move", 5 seconds later mage says: "What happened why am I dead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Priestneff

;D I yelled at a mage the other night for standing in the fire in ToC. "insert name, I will let your sorry _ _ _ die if you do not move", 5 seconds later mage says: "What happened why am I dead?"
    Hmm , sometimes you realy should ask yourself if those people are mentally disabled,
    i know i do :

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I want DG for a friendly player... so I can be like:

"Yo, you. Stop standing in the fire. You stand here now!"

Totally a joke, but how I wish it....
    Hand of God: The priest reaches out a hand which grips a friendly player towards the priest and creates a shield absorbing [2x PW:S]hp on the target. 1 minute cooldown, 40yd range. Requires 45 points in Discipline talents.
    Never wrong.

I dislike the name (Hand spells belong to the paladin). I dislike the similarity to the PW: Shield. But I love the "get that player out of the fire" component. Thumbs up!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

They said they wouldn't add new talents, just five more points.

E: Good ideas though.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo
    They said they wouldn't add new talents, just five more points.

E: Good ideas though.
    They actually did say they will be adding new talents to replace the "multiplier" talents such as Spiritual Healing. I'd have to dig to find the actual quote, but it was something to the effect of:

(Paraphrase) "We think picking up talents that directly increase things such as hit, damage, and healing are boring. We would like to include more talents like Body and Soul that give you added utility and remove talents that seem 'required' because they increase your raw stats."

However, I do not think they are going to be adding any "new spell" talents, rather talents that modify current spells or make two spells interact with each other differently.

Here! NAO!: Instantly grips a friendly player out of harms way to your position.

Could be a low tier disc or holy talent, dunno which fits best :P
    Could also apply a small (everything is relative) heal or a HoT. So that if they are low on health from standing in the fire, they get healed up while you heal that other dude who is almost dying.

2min CD??
    40yd range??
    Mana cost scaling with lvl??

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I dislike the name (Hand spells belong to the paladin). I dislike the similarity to the PW: Shield. But I love the "get that player out of the fire" component. Thumbs up!
    yupp, I agree but my point was that it would be nice with an additional mechanic (shield, heal, etc.) making it a more useful spell, maybe even when people are not retarded.
    The problem with this friendly death grip, and why they are unlikely to implement it into the game is probably because it
    a) interrupts spellcast
    b) can serve as a evil tool to displace your friends (and ppl you hate)
    meaning that even if they had a raid/party-only mechanic you would be able to hurt your friends (if used badly) which you can't do with any other ability as far as im concerced.
    with the exception for md and tott
    Never wrong.

I really like the idea of the "I-help-you-out-of-the-fire-because-your-incapable-of-doing-so-yourself" princip, think of the possibilies in BG's, and raids for that sake.
    This could really turn out to be such a fun ability, I really wish they give us something like this. Just think of the fun Deathknights have from DG...

Sphinxz

Also:
    Power Word: Barrier.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    Power Word: Barrier.

***this is all from the shadowpriest side; keep in mind that these are just ideas.. and would not be balanced if they were all implemented at once lol***

I had a few things in mind... actually, enough to make me register and post. I've been on the forums forever, just never respond.. BUT ANYWAYS!

I was thinking some more oldschool utility.. to bring back some of our uniqueness(sp?) that we use to have. Here's a few examples:

Overwhelming Darkness - 15 Second duration; Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds
    Has a chance(10%-15% chance on spell hit) to spawn 4-8 Vampiric Wraiths (think bloodworms) that deal very minimal damage, but 150% of it is returned as a raid wide heal. Each hit from the Waiths also has a chance(10%-15% chance) to return 50% of the damage as mana to the entire raid.

Devouring Void - Cast time would be appropriate for damage/rotation (Not entirely sure what would be good) This spell counts as a Frost school spell.
    Deals moderate(below Mind Blast) shadow damage. Applies a debuff that lasts for 5 seconds, any spell or ability cast during this duration causes the user to be devoured by darkness, dealing an additional (heavy) cold damage over 10 seconds(2 sec tics). Each tic returns 0.5% of the damage as mana to the raid.

Enveloping Cold - Instant - Frost Nova-like spell, 45 seconds cooldown
    Coldness eminates from the Shadow Priest; snaring all enemies around the priest for 6 seconds (40% movement reduction). If this spell is dispelled it deals light cold damage to the target and the person that dispelled it. If the target WAS the dispeller he/she takes double cold damage and is frozen(physical so it can't be dispelled again) in place for 2 seconds.

Just some basic ideas.. nothing fancy... I have a ton more that aren't crazy overpowered.. I like to try and keep things as balanced as possible.

::EDIT::
    Vengeful Shadows - 3 minute cooldown - 30 second duration
    Shadows surround the priest, anytime the priest is a target of a harmfull spell a vengeful spirit is fired back at the target, dealing moderate Frost damage and burning mana equal to 10% of the damage done, this mana burn returns to the priest giving 150% of the mana burned to the priest. This can only occur once every 3 seconds.

Viel of Darkness - 3 minute cooldown - 6 second duration
    The priest explodes with Shadow energy, silencing all enemies within 15 yards for 6 seconds. This effect also silences the priest for 3 seconds and snares him/her for the duration of the silence(30% movement reduction). Using this spell resets Phsycic Screams cooldown to 10 seconds if its recast timer is shorter than 10 seconds. (To prevent using this silence and then fearing all the targets right after for a longer interrupt)

Mist of Shadows - 2 minute cooldown - 15 second duration
    Ground-Targeted AoE - 15 yard radius; Causes a dark cloud to envelope the area. All attacks from within the cloud have a 75% chance to miss, including spell casts. This includes anyone in the cloud trying to cast to a target that is outside the cloud. (It puts a debuff on anyone that enters the cloud that wears off 2 seconds after the person gets out of the cloud.) Also, a rune is placed in the center, very much like a totem. The rune has 50% of the priests max health + an additional 25% of the priests stamina. If the rune is destroyed before the duration ends it blasts the area with moderate Shadow and Frost damage.

Dark Touch - Passive
    All Shadow and Frost damage dealt by the Priest has a small chance (5%-10%) to burn a very minimal amount of mana from the target of said spells. (We're talking 10-20 mana at most) Think of it as a negative replenish.. not exactly over-whelming, but noticable in a long duration fight.

Darkness Reigns - Passive
    Any Shadow damage the Priest receives will be reflected back at the caster for 15% of the damage done, capable of crits. And Frost damage the Priest receives will restore mana equal to 10% of the damage done. Any Nature damage the Priest receives will be raised by 10%. Any Holy Damage the Priest receives will do an additional 30% damage over 3 seconds to the Priest(cannot occur more than once ever 5 seconds). <---- This idea is kinda crappy, but oh well. This was more of a flavor idea.. to kind of make the Shadow Priest different from the other casters.. not to be a OMGWTFPWN ability. haha..

It's not really fun to give us a "insert class with something unique" copy talent like swiftmend/typhoon/consecrate/pestilence because... classes should have their own flavor.

I dont want to take key/unique abilities from other classes or else we will all be the exact same thing with different looks (though t9 is already doing this)

I would love to see a few unique things for all specs that havent been seen by other classes or fill in gaps we have. (Mind sear is still good aoe, lets say the fact that it sucks in some situations is our unique idea)

New shadow spell-deep shadow tree
    Reckless Abandon
    10 minute cooldown
    instant cast- high mana cost
    The priest's mind goes berserk, allowing for Shadow Word: Death to be used repeatedly for 15 (10) seconds, and reduces all healing done to the priest by 30%. During the duration, if used on a player character, SWD will apply a stacking self-debuff that will explode for 40,000 damage on the priest if the stack reaches 3. (enough that they die if used 3 times on a player)

Ideally, this would give us an on demand extreme burst potential in pve with the caveat that we need a few heals during the phase to say alive as we will be burning down our own health pools very fast. There would need to be a healing reduction or one druid hot would cancel it out, I would want it to be the kind of thing where a SP calls it out on vent that theyre popping reckless and a healer switches over to heal them...in pvp, this would be very OP without the "cannot be used on players" caveat, this allows it to be used to get in two back to back SWD's in pvp, so if timed properly will allow for 3 SWD's in a row, but will kill the caster if accidentally pushed a 4th time...and the healing debuff is a pain in pvp.

Dark Sacrifice
    6 minute CD, complete mana cost (entire mana bar)
    The priest focuses to send their essence into a friendly target, increasing their casting speed by 40% and reducing mana cost of spells by 50% for 12(?) seconds. Priest is depleted of energy and must rest for 8 seconds before casting again but dispersion is available for use but is 50% as effective in mana return.

Think of this like a power infusion for shadow used before a heroism, combined with shadowfiend during the heroism, the dispersion mana and the mana gained from shadowfiend should allow a priest with 0 mana and figure a few thousand mana after dispersion to get a stable amount back during heroism with the fiend ticking. This spell is very dangerous to use because of the self-silence, the automatic use of dispersion and the mana depletion, but hey, if we aren't going to be the top dps, at least give us some utility to give someone else (mage/lock) something to play with. This, if used properly, would allow a priest to get dots back up and lay into a boss during heroism as to not gimp our own dps TOO much. In pvp it would have a use towards the end of a match with caster comps, think 3's and 5's, if you are low on mana anyway it is basically a dispersion that allows your other dps to possibly win a match.

Disc- good ideas have been said to encourage disc to use more spells such as GH and renew. A channeled Raidwide Power Infusion would be cool, but it is basically copying heroism for casters only...not really needed.

Fixing weakened soul wont happen because it will allow for tank-health buffing to go insane, allowing for even just 3 priests to add 30k to a tank's health for incoming hits. They could implement this as a CD to allow your shields to apply to a target affected with weakened soul, but it would need a long CD so it can only be really used once per fight and so it isnt a game-changer in pvp (double shield and mana-burn strats)

Holy--make lightwell a weak smart heal. Its current state is difficult to use but very powerful, make it like a healing totem on crack imo
    --actually holy is pretty good aside from lightwell. they really own raid healing and the mana longevity is a key component of the class and should not be buffed.

I play shadow mainly and have even more ideas with just as much thought, but i think these are good, complex, and unique.

I know that my wall of text just crit for a lot...bear with it

Improved Levitate: Unlimited duration - 1 minute cooldown - 3 point talent
    Increases movement speed by 10/20/30% for 5/10/15 seconds when you use your levitate ability. After the duration the movement increase fades off. In addition your levitate does not break until you lose 10/20/30% of your hp.

This is just a suggestion but I really hope that they make something fun and useful out of levitate (in combat) as it already is a somewhat fun spell.
    Never wrong.

Shadow Nova - 30 sec cooldown - instant
    Deals heavy aoe damage and knocks targets back.

Glyph of Shadow Nova - removes the cooldown and the knockback effect. Also lowers the damage.

Pain of the Void - passive
    Dispeling your SW:P creates a void zone under the target. The void zone does the same amount of damage as the dispeled DoT and lasts 18 seconds. Also reduces the movement by 50% while standing in it.

Sorry to day guys but didnt blizz state in some patch notes or on blizzcon that they wont be making any new 85 talents, so i doubt they will add new once , just rework the old shizzle

good ideas though , there will be Mass ressurection and power word barrier though

Quote Originally Posted by Azir
    Sorry to day guys but didnt blizz state in some patch notes or on blizzcon that they wont be making any new 85 talents, so i doubt they will add new once , just rework the old shizzle

good ideas though , there will be Mass ressurection and power word barrier though
    They are removing the %to X talents for utility talents like B&S... so no, they aren't making a new tier and a 61point talent, but SOMETHING will be in the place of those raw stat multipliers, like SA/SG.

There's no new talents. They're just adding 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    There's no new talents. They're just adding 5 points.
    No new "56 point" talents.

But we're definitely going to see "new" talents and "improved" talents throughout the tree itself, from top-down, as they get rid of stat multipliers and make them baseline, to give us "fun" and "exciting" and "utility" talents. Like Body & Soul. And Juggernaut.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Imagine a new ability at 85 like this...
    Please note its only a bit of fun
    Holy Sacrifice: The caster explodes with light, putting him in Spirit of Redemption state(If talented for this) and healing all party/raid members within 50 yards to maximum health as well as making everyone take 80% reduced damage to all damage for 5 seconds. 20 minute CD (only 1 priest can use this per fight)

Think a wipe preventer when things go to shit, and lets everyone take a quick breather. Mass lay on hands if you like.

As well it could be required for some of the new raid encounters. e.g. A boss uses a huge aoe at 2% before he dies dealing 60k damage and you need to find a way to stop the damage. Would be pretty unique and the idea of someone sacrificing themselves for the raid is a an awesome idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Didleydo
    Would be pretty unique and the idea of someone sacrificing themselves for the raid is a an awesome idea.
    ..and something I personally doubt they will do, not because its not an awesome idea (it is), but because it would imo be somewhat strange to have a such important spell on a so long cooldown. It would also be hard to balance encounters around a such powerful spell. Imagine the difficulty of the encounter you described without having this spell, and as I said, if you wipe you may need to wait 20 minutes before you try again (because I really cant see this spell on a lesser cd). And the last reason, I dont think Blizzard likes the idea of having active combat ability's that you need to sacrifice a player to use.
    Never wrong.