Mongoose vs Berserking

For kitty deeps I read that once you are at a certain gear lvl that changing to mongoose gains more dps then berserking and I'm just trying to confirm this for a friend

He is in full ulduar 25 gear

Re: Mongoose vs Berserking

According to the stickied cat guide (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...7652#msg917652) it's once you get to ~10k AP raid buffed that Mongoose takes over from Berserking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Imo at the gear level it requires for Mongoose to be superior, choosing either Berserking or Mongoose won't impact your DPS as much as basic RNG will. Don't lose sleep over it.

15+ Year Old Account

wow never expected mongooze to take over at certain times.

but if mongooze is so good thne i will consider taking it on my weapon since then i can use it for tanking aswel (tanknig whit bezerking is fail ^^)

i do wonder anyone got a math somewhere how 120 agi +2% haste can win from 400 AP ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

What about Executioner?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    i do wonder anyone got a math somewhere how 120 agi +2% haste can win from 400 AP ?
    It's about the crit and the haste, I think... At some point (like 10k ap), 400ap is a drop in the bucket. But the more AP you have, the more valuable crit is (because your crits hit harder) and the more valuable haste is (because even your melees hit harder).

This is why there was a tradeoff between str and agi before -- the more AP you have, the more valuable crit becomes relative to it, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    What about Executioner?
    Not as good as either, in most cases... we had math in another thread. Your best bet is to get an armor pen trinket (GT or MR) and enough static armor pen to soft cap (hard cap - trinket proc). At that point, any additional armor pen from executioner proc is wasted.

If you wanted to look at armor pen trinket + executioner proc + less arp from gear (hard cap - trinket proc - exe proc)... I think the result was that the other weapon enchant (mongoose/berserking) was more valuable than the stats you'd get by replacing some arp on gear, and the gear arp is constant.

Executioner is actually better than both, but only once you hit 25man toc numbers of static arpen. If you're not about to break 850 arpen (and no, I'm not talking about 850 with grim toll or mjolnir... I'm talking a static 850+ without a trinket proc), I wouldn't even think of it. Just don't even worry about executioner.

I'm not sure exactly when it becomes better. But the enchant is part of the BiS list up on EJ at the moment and will likely remain a BiS enchant until you can hard cap arpen at ~1231 arpen at which point the executioner proc would be worthless and mongoose, berserking, or something new will take its place.

While wearing Nax25 BiS = Berserking
    While wearing Ulduar25 BiS = Mongoose
    While wearing ToC25 BiS = Executioner

I would imagine for early/intro ToC10/25 you're safe with Mongoose. If you plan to tank with the same weapon you dps with, you're probably safe with Mongoose.

15+ Year Old Account

thanks for the info i have about 11K AP raid buffed so ill give mongooze a try :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE