Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: what can warriors 1v1 at 80?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagwar-VenCo
    Wrong, 100% of the time warriors win against another warrior.
    ^^
    Dumbass lol
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Hey, what about Prot PvP, people? Prot PvP destroys everything but Disc Priests and Resto Druids.

...and maybe Prot Paladins? I don't know about this one, I'll let you know if I ever, ever see one in a Battleground.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    Hey, what about Prot PvP, people? Prot PvP destroys everything but Disc Priests and Resto Druids.

...and maybe Prot Paladins? I don't know about this one, I'll let you know if I ever, ever see one in a Battleground.
    Try reading the thread and you'd see several already mentioned prot pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    Try reading the thread and you'd see several already mentioned prot pvp.
    Reading is fer sissies. I just hit the keyboard and hope for the best. I'd ask if I'm getting lucky and forming sentences but since I'd never know the answer there's no point in trying.

Reading is fer sissies. I just hit the keyboard and hope for the best. I'd ask if I'm getting lucky and forming sentences but since I'd never know the answer there's no point in trying.
    No wonder you struggle in pvp huh?

No wonder you struggle in pvp huh?
    Only against Disc Priests and Resto Druids, like I said. And assuming that the posistion of key talents doesn't change (and that's an erroneous assumption, given their promise that passive percentage talents are getting nixed) 85 will allow for a neato MS/Second Wind Devestate/Warbringer hybrid build that solves that problem, too.

. Any gladiator quality rogue will beat a prot warrior as well.
    How so? A rogue takes much more damage when being stunlocked than the warrior is.

Arms warriors are 50/50 if played correctly (i.e if he doesn't try the usual "charge/intercept lol")

They will have no problems killing you. They're much, much better against melee than a prot warrior is (though they'll be destroyed by ranged, explaining why we don't see so many).

Everything but DKs, paladins, rogues, shamans, warlocks, priests, druids, hunters, mages and warriors (what?) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    How so? A rogue takes much more damage when being stunlocked than the warrior is
    So you really think a prot warrior's damage shields does "MUCH MORE" damage than a rogue? ROFL?

The main difference between prot and arms warriors vs rogue:

When dismantled: both have near same armor, Prot is disarmed for LONGER. Prot can shockwave, arms can piercing howl (both used to gain distance till dismantle is over). Prot is a complete sitting duck while dismantled, hes got no shield and isn't getting healed from second wind, can't really attack fpr 10 secs compared to arms 5 sec.
    Advantage = Arms

When stunned: both have near same armor (arms will have put on a shiield), both have 0% avoidance (rogue is attacking from behind). Arms is healing, prot is not.
    Advantage = Arms.

Arms can also bladestorm to go immune to stuns/blind etc. When pulled off while rogue is snared it can easily kill the rogue if he doesn't feint, sprint, evasion (jump away while facing warrior so you can dodge).

A prot warrior only has the duration of concussion blow + shockwave to kill the rogue, if he doesn't by then he'll never win in a 1v1.

Only person my prot warrior cannot solo is a prot pally, holy is hard but I just cant get the prot ones down. Any other class, usually I win 90% of the time, a full prot, tier geared warrior, with BiS in almost every slot is very hard to take down. Sslams are 5-9k each, revenge is like 5-6k each, shockwave and concussive combined with charge and you can pretty much lock anyone down.

it takes awhile to chew through 40k hp when ur wearing plate and have lots of avoidance.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

So you really think a prot warrior's damage shields does "MUCH MORE" damage than a rogue? ROFL?

The main difference between prot and arms warriors vs rogue:

When dismantled: both have near same armor, Prot is disarmed for LONGER. Prot can shockwave, arms can piercing howl (both used to gain distance till dismantle is over). Prot is a complete sitting duck while dismantled, hes got no shield and isn't getting healed from second wind, can't really attack fpr 10 secs compared to arms 5 sec.
    Advantage = Arms

When stunned: both have near same armor (arms will have put on a shiield), both have 0% avoidance (rogue is attacking from behind). Arms is healing, prot is not.
    Advantage = Arms.

Arms can also bladestorm to go immune to stuns/blind etc. When pulled off while rogue is snared it can easily kill the rogue if he doesn't feint, sprint, evasion (jump away while facing warrior so you can dodge).

A prot warrior only has the duration of concussion blow + shockwave to kill the rogue, if he doesn't by then he'll never win in a 1v1.
    I am assuming this was accidental error on your part but piercing howl is a fury thing not Arms!!

Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redd911
    I am assuming this was accidental error on your part but piercing howl is a fury thing not Arms!!
    PvP Arms spec has piercing howl.

15+ Year Old Account

im a rogue and i really struggle against warriors.

there may be something im missing in my pvp strats, but from my experience warriors are pretty good vs. rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

PvP Arms spec has piercing howl.
    So does a PvP Prot spec. O_o

EDIT: And if your Prot PvP set doesn't have a weapon chain or (better still) the -disarm plating on his shield you're doing it wrong.

So does a PvP Prot spec. O_o

EDIT: And if your Prot PvP set doesn't have a weapon chain or (better still) the -disarm plating on his shield you're doing it wrong.
    Or you can just pvp in your pve prot spec which doesn't have piercing howl. And your shield may not have the disarm plating if you are pve geared.

I have pvp arms spe, and pve prot. I use both in battlegrounds. Mostly use prot for AV. If you get piercing howl in your pvp build you are giving up other talents such as -20% stun/charm duration, extra rage on charge, deep wounds, 10% extra dmg on crit etc.

Or you can just pvp in your pve prot spec which doesn't have piercing howl. And your shield may not have the disarm plating if you are pve geared.

I have pvp arms spe, and pve prot. I use both in battlegrounds. Mostly use prot for AV. If you get piercing howl in your pvp build you are giving up other talents such as -20% stun/charm duration, extra rage on charge, deep wounds, 10% extra dmg on crit etc.
    Dude, you can't do that. You can't compare a PvE spec to a PvP spec and then list all the strengths the PvP spec has over the former, especially when the PvP spec is in a more traditional PvP tree to begin with. It's misleading, is what it is. If you want to PvP as Prot, you'll pick up Piercing Howl for sure, since there's no Hamstring in Defensive Stance.

EDIT: Seriously, try it with Blood Craze/Piercing Howl, Cruelty, Armored to the Teeth. Being unkitable and not needing to ever switch stances is PvP utility I wouldn't want to give up. I was Prot with extra points in Arms at first, but now I just take the 5 points of Parry and leave it at that. I don't miss Charge and with Piercing Howl TacMastery becomes for the first time in my PvP experience unnecessary.

as arms; huntards
    as fury; Locks
    as prot; rogue + more
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggen
    Just lol, how many patches are you after? You know that warriors get rage when hitting bubbles who absorb? (Troll?)
    Rend ticks that are absorbed in a shield means no thirst for blood (IE no overpower)

But it will keep you alive, I do it vs gladiator mages all the time. It's an extremely hard matchup to play perfect, but if you do the mage has no chance.

This was early in sesaon 6 I think, the mage is now 2549 rating (you can go armory). My healer died very early leaving it me vs 2 dps. I made sure to kill the shaman first as I know a frost mage can't kill me in this arena. Look at my damage and healing vs the mages damage.

I don't arena on warrior very often since it's hard to find a good healer. I usually just stick with my druid in arena. But with 150k honor kills as a warrior, and over 300-350,000 honor kills combined between my alts. I know a thing or two
    /bows
    think I lose here :P
    think I must be facing frost mages that are too well geared or my gear isn't up to the task, admittedly its a long fight, guessing you have bit more HP and res rending the mages useless, thanks will have to play around a bit more.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle
    most rets are just bashing the buttons
    I don't button mash I use an I-Win macro keybound to spinning my mouse wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.