Thread: Inner Fire Bug?

Inner Fire Bug?

I've noticed what appears to be a bug/issue with Inner Fire and wondered if anyone else had seen or experienced this?

I have 2 Disc Specs, one for PvE and one for PvP (BG's not Arena). Both of them have Improved Inner Fire.

I was pre-buffed from my PvE spec and switched to my PvP spec, retaining some of the existing buffs.

I went to rebuff myself again to get the full 30 minutes and noticed that I couldn't rebuff Inner Fire, it had the message "A more powerful spell is already active" or something like that.

So I had a look at my current buff and this is what I got:

This is just after I have changed specs, so it is retaining my PvE Inner Fire Buff. It is showing I have +5307 to my armour, giving me a total of 7327 Armour and 32.48% Reduced Physical Damage.

So I take the PvE Inner Fire buff off and get this:

So that is completely without any Inner Fire buff, giving me 2020 Armour.

I then cast my PvP Inner Fire buff onto myself and get this:

This is now showing I have 5935 Armour and 28.04 Reduced Physical Damage.

Now I have the Inner Fire Glyph for my PvP set, obviously not my PvE set. Therefore I should see more Armour once I switch to my PvP Inner Fire, however according to this I am seeing nearly 1500 MORE Armour from my PvE buff, not PvP.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea what's wrong?

I don't have any other buffs other than Fort/Spirit, so nothing else that would improve armour and I wasn't in any groups so no Aura's or anything like that.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Re: Inner Fire Bug?

I was actually just thinking to myself the other day how it was funny that when you respec that Fort is removed but not inner fire. Obviously Fort is removed because your new spec may or may not have Imp Fort... same goes for a lot of other classes specs. However, why would inner fire be removed, there is certainly talents that improve it. I wondered whether you could have a spec that has imp inner fire and then change to a spec without it but keep the buff, seems you can as you just proved.

But both my PvE and PvP spec have Improved Inner Fire, which is why I was so confused.

Also both my specs have Improved Fort, but sometimes it gets removed when I change specs.

I didn't know if it was just a bug in general or something wrong with Inner Fire in particular

hey hey :P

i have the same problem... my main specc is Shadow and i have Imp Inner Fire. My secondary one is Discipline and aslo have Imp Inner Fire. When i change from Shadow to Disc, and i refresh my Ineer fire it says "a more powerful spell is active". I checked the values and ALSO had more SP and Armour from my Imp Inner FIre from my Shadow specc then from my Disc :P

Damn weird... maybe a bug or is there something we missing? ???

Not a clue thats why I thought I would ask on here to see if it was affecting anyone else and if they knew a way around it or a fix.

Might try starting a post on the official WoW forums and see if anyone knows anything over there.

Not a bug ...

it is pretty much *duh* once you figure it out ;P

ok the spec no1

that one you switched form with the +5307 armor ... (1st pic)

ok  here we go ... Inner fire rank 9 provides 2440 armor (base) +45% Imp +50% (multiplicatively) form the glyph we get ... 5307

2nd ...

Inner fire Rank 8 provides 1800 armor +45% Imp + 50% glyph = 3915

THe problem why this is, is that if you buy dualspec your actionbars get "split" but as you buy new skill levels in primary spec the actionbars in secondary spec aren't update automatically ... so you better check all spell ranks

also your spellpower (pic 1 to pic 3) is lower ... hard to see on the sceens since the armorvalue popup is above the SP but you can notice a tiny difference in the 2nd digit ;P
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Sweet Zombie Jesus I'm stupid.

Didn't even think to check the Rank!

Thanks Varon, that's sorted it out now

Glad I could help you^^

as I said once you got the clue it is just *duh*
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I was actually just thinking to myself the other day how it was funny that when you respec that Fort is removed but not inner fire. Obviously Fort is removed because your new spec may or may not have Imp Fort... same goes for a lot of other classes specs. However, why would inner fire be removed, there is certainly talents that improve it. I wondered whether you could have a spec that has imp inner fire and then change to a spec without it but keep the buff, seems you can as you just proved.
    This is somewhat correct.

The reason you see "Fort" or "spirit" removed is because they are GROUP buffs. Dont ask me why but that makes the difference in what is removed. A single target version of fort/spirit will not be removed when you respec. You could easily test it, hell. You can also cheat if you have a restosham dual specced. Have him throw Earth Shield then respec. The Earth Shield will stay on whoever he casted it on

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot
    Sweet Zombie Jesus I'm stupid.

Didn't even think to check the Rank!

Thanks Varon, that's sorted it out now
    Don't feel bad, this happened to another priest a few weeks ago where they were using a much lower rank of flash heal than max and were wondering why it was hitting for so little! :P

Ah... I too have been a victim of this... ever since I aquired dual spec on my alt druid the UI stopped automatically updating my spells/abilities with the new rank apon learning it. As my UI has most of my bars hidden it wasn't exactly something that was easily identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Ah... I too have been a victim of this... ever since I aquired dual spec on my alt druid the UI stopped automatically updating my spells/abilities with the new rank apon learning it. As my UI has most of my bars hidden it wasn't exactly something that was easily identified.
    It only doesnt update on the spec that you currently DONT use. So if you using the ferral talent spec it wont update your alternate spec of say resto or balance.

If you have 30 min self buffs up, it does not remove any of them when you switch specs as a priest. Also if when you switch and it says more powerfull spell active, just declick it, then recast it...
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".