Thread: Weapon Woes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapon Woes

So I find myself in a conundrum. Here we are a month into Coliseum and I am still wielding the Betrayer of Humanity. My options thus far for weapon upgrades, based on what my guild can kill, are:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47737 Reckoning
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45868 Aesir's Edge
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47069 Justicebringer
    and assuming we can down Anub'arak 25 http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47233 Archon Glaive

I'm long overdue for a weapon upgrade as soon as one drops, now my query is whether I should bite the bullet and wait for RNG for 1) the Justicebringer or 2) Aesir's Edge, or whether I should try to get one of the other two despite them being "more" suited for a stat stick for our hunters. Yes I know how good the AG would be for a hunter stick but I can't deny that it's a HUGE dps upgrade over my BoH, especially with the socket for a tasty +20 Str.

On a side note, I'm really tired of feeling like I have to use Axes since my human racial makes me prefer Swords and Maces and I saw that Blizzard backed out of giving us axes as another racial weapon specialization. :/

Thoughts?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Weapon Woes

Look on the top end damage of the weapons. Rate them after that. Justicebringer > (not sure about this one) Archon Glaive > Aesir > Reckoning.

/thread

To be honest +3 expertise is not something you need worry about. Expertise is on plenty of gear that you should have enough naturally.

Pretty much what Fujiama said about weapons. Highest DPS is normally always the best but i'd prolly pass on the Glaive for a hunter and just grin and bear it until Justicebringer drops.

15+ Year Old Account

Aesir's Edge and Justicebringer are the weapons that you should be going for. Forget those other weapons, and if I were the RL i wouldnt even let you roll/buy the Archon Glaive. Reckoning is a POS too.

Aesir's Edge dominates. I just got it last week and saw my dps jump up significantly. Justicebringer would do the same thing. Get one of these. Justicebringer is higher dps and higher top end dmg than Archon Glaive anyway, not to mention it is optimized for us.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    Look on the top end damage of the weapons. Rate them after that. Justicebringer > (not sure about this one) Archon Glaive > Aesir > Reckoning.

/thread
    Fail, all spells & castables we have are normalized around 3.0 wep speed so lower top end with higher dps (assuming wep is 3.0) > wep with higher end dmg but less dps (assuming wep is 3.0 or slower).

Pretty much what my thoughts have been, here's hoping this week XT coughs up my blade, damnit. Thanks for the opinions. Then again, maybe I'll just stick with the track record of wielding axes so I can further justify being top choice for the Legendary.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

If you have average good guild you can aim for this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47069,
    Im going for horde version of that,

u can't do 25 man ignis? worldcarver?

anyways. always take the weapons with strength on it cuz talents and kings will scale it to be higher ap then the "hunter" weapons.

and top end damage is good for pallies since our weapon damage swings, so if u have to choose 1100 top hit to 890 top hit, 1100 is of course better.

if u need exp or hit, find ones with exp hit. i have no hit on my weapon, and i'm still at like 9.6% hit, can't get rid of the stuff.

strength + top damage and dps. that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    u can't do 25 man ignis? worldcarver?

anyways. always take the weapons with strength on it cuz talents and kings will scale it to be higher ap then the "hunter" weapons.

and top end damage is good for pallies since our weapon damage swings, so if u have to choose 1100 top hit to 890 top hit, 1100 is of course better.

if u need exp or hit, find ones with exp hit. i have no hit on my weapon, and i'm still at like 9.6% hit, can't get rid of the stuff.

strength + top damage and dps. that's it.
    That is not all ways true. It is true that str is best state but you need to look what the rest of the weapon stats do to you and if you will need to replace something else before you can use that weapon. For my gear Marrowstrike with a 20str gem was more DPS then Worldcarver. I got Reckoning(normal) now but Aesir's Edge would be much better. Reckoning(Heroic) is better then Voldrethar, Dark Blade of Oblivion in my current gear.

Weapon upgrade all ways depends on what gear you have or what you can replace soon.

Edit: What weapon is better will change when the rest of your gear changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetNub
    Fail, all spells & castables we have are normalized around 3.0 wep speed so lower top end with higher dps (assuming wep is 3.0) > wep with higher end dmg but less dps (assuming wep is 3.0 or slower).
    You obviously don't know what normalized weapon damage is ...
    It's Weapon Dmg + normalized attackpower (3.3/14*AP) -> slower Weapon is better because it has a higher Weapon Dmg.

Weapon DPS only increases white dmg, which is only a small portion of damage done.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    You obviously don't know what normalized weapon damage is ...
    It's Weapon Dmg + normalized attackpower (3.3/14*AP) -> slower Weapon is better because it has a higher Weapon Dmg.

Weapon DPS only increases white dmg, which is only a small portion of damage done.
    Its about 1/5th of our damage, to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyPala
    That is not all ways true. It is true that str is best state but you need to look what the rest of the weapon stats do to you and if you will need to replace something else before you can use that weapon. For my gear Marrowstrike with a 20str gem was more DPS then Worldcarver. I got Reckoning(normal) now but Aesir's Edge would be much better. Reckoning(Heroic) is better then Voldrethar, Dark Blade of Oblivion in my current gear.

Weapon upgrade all ways depends on what gear you have or what you can replace soon.

Edit: What weapon is better will change when the rest of your gear changes.
    most gear wise has ap at *2 what strength has on same weapon. so for ilvl weapon that r same, blizz will make one 50 strength, the other 100ap. that means at same ilvl, u go with 50 strength. that means 50*15% *10% *2 = 126.5 ap from the strength weapon as ap does not scale with talents or kings. but of course if u got one that is 130ap and a strength at 50, u take the ap one.

like i have said, hit, exp can be a factor IF u don't have capped, but hit is gone hog wild on plate gear, and u get 10 free exp from glyph, so the rest of the stats (arp, haste, crit) are potatoe patatoe and really don't change our dps that much.

strength, weapon damage, weapon dps all u look for, unless u need hit or exp which u don't unless you r in nax gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    You obviously don\'t know what normalized weapon damage is ...
    It\'s Weapon Dmg + normalized attackpower (3.3/14*AP) -> slower Weapon is better because it has a higher Weapon Dmg.

I\'d call you smart for knowing that, if it wasn\'t an obvious copy paste ;D.

And Darth, he wasn\'t talking about Worldcarver, he as asking about THOSE weapons ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyPala
    Reckoning(Heroic) is better then Voldrethar, Dark Blade of Oblivion in my current gear.
    I highly doubt this. Reckoning is just a bad weapon. Voldrethar was BiS before ToC, and it is still better than almost everything. Justicebringer(heroic and normal) being the only exception I know at the moment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

You think you got it bad, I'm still rolling with Jawbone.

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    You think you got it bad, I'm still rolling with Jawbone.

Go run H-ToC if you care about it enough to post on a forum... Edge > BoH.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Apocalypseis

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration
    Go run H-ToC if you care about it enough to post on a forum... Edge > BoH.
    Its because the OP cares that he's not using edge of ruin. Any half way decent ret knows BoH > everything up until aesir with the possible exception being world carver altough currently Rawr has BoH ranked above it.

So please stop acting all high and mighty, only to look like a tard when you talk about things you truly do not understand.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Well said Munk.

I'm also a Dwoof so I prefer mashing things then slicing things so even Ironsoul would suit me for a few weeks even though it is cack.

OP needs to remember that RNG can sometimes suck balls.

I've done TOC 3 or 4 times and have yet to see it drop and Naxx more than I care to remember and have only seen it drop 3 times where it went to our Warriors, and guess who else, a fricking Hunter (don't get me started)!

I still have wet dreams about Earthshaper...
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Its because the OP cares that he's not using edge of ruin. Any half way decent ret knows BoH > everything up until aesir with the possible exception being world carver altough currently Rawr has BoH ranked above it.

So please stop acting all high and mighty, only to look like a tard when you talk about things you truly do not understand.
    expertise capped rawr set?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    If you have average good guild you can aim for this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47069,
    Im going for horde version of that,
    ^this

I was in the same boat. Went through all of uld not getting a weapon upgrade. Passed on worldcarver a million times in hopes of somethign better.

Last week faction champs drop horde version(butcher) and again this week.

Upgrade will come just be patient.