Retribution Paladin and Rogue for 2's?

So well have this issue, my guild is a raiding guild and most people don't focus much into pvp or if they do, they are not quite made to match what I have (ret pally) but I do have this guildie who has a nicely geared rogue who is looking for action. I was looking at Arena Junkies and it seems that ret/rogue was okay.

Was just wondering what is your opinion about it?
    I now a new season is about to start but in S6 how did it look?

Then, also since I read that you won't be able to get the best rewards as a 2v2 team I was just wondering which healer complimented Rogue/ret the most?

A druid? A shaman?
    Chuck Norris? (couldn't help it)

Also, yes now due to the SOV change... do you think I will have to use SOV or just suck it up and use SoC?

Re: Retribution Paladin and Rogue for 2's?

So... no one has any input for this? Did the paladin class die when it comes to pvp or something?

There were Ret/Rogue/Priest teams in the 2300's

Ret/Rogue although not as good since SoBlood got taken away is still viable.

Edit: Both teams were hovering around 2k for me personally. This comp has been over 2200 in both brackets.

I ran Ret (me) rogue during Arena season 6 and it works ok. Using CC is the key to this combo, rogue MUST get the sap off OR the pally MUST get a repentance in order for you to get the open on the other team which is the key to winning. CC one target, Nuke the other, then wipe up. Depending on matchups, this combo is effective. My team made it to about 1650 rating before we hit a ceiling and kept hovering around that number.

With the new season out, pallys lost Seal of the Martyr/blood and hurt the burst a lot making this combo even less effective. Also, the nerf to Art of War and Hand of Freedom didnt help either. I have been mostly sticking to PvE this last patch but may pick up arena again in season 7.

Either way, blizzard hates the 2s bracket and you can't get weapons or shoulders from it now so you might as well do 3s where ret is way more effective.

Thanks for the replies, brings me some peace to find out its a decent comp.

Shack, what do you suggest for a 3s healer? Right now I got a druid, probably the best healer I have on my guild and the best pvp healer (most healers in my guild are carebears)

But I could probably find a priest, shaman... or another pallie.

Priest, Ret, Rogue was one of the better comps last season (Reckfull ran this comp to #1 in the world), but this season it may not be as successful. The highlight of running PRP is the amount of burst it has, in S6 it was about the only comp that could still Global someone (besides Beast Cleave). This season however a new set of gear is coming out and resilience will finally be normalized. So those priests and locks that were so easy to kill in season 6 will be a lot harder now.

Nonetheless, its still one of the better comps, so i would suggest you find a priest.